the bold 9700 is a much better phone. I just bought mine.
    03-09-10 02:07 PM
    the bold 9700 is a much better phone. I just bought mine.
    Hmmm, maybe because the bold 9700 isn't on sprint & Verizon?
    03-09-10 02:08 PM
    Asking myself the same question right now. I like Verizon's service, but with my contract ending soon I might jump ship. AT&T just seems to get the best smartphones. Is there really that much difference in service? Has anyone else switched to/from ATT to/from Verizon?
    03-09-10 02:14 PM
    Asking myself the same question right now. I like Verizon's service, but with my contract ending soon I might jump ship. AT&T just seems to get the best smartphones. Is there really that much difference in service? Has anyone else switched to/from ATT to/from Verizon?
    I think the Bold 9700 is by far a superior bb over the tour I have been with Verizon for many years, tried the tour but did not like how the battery cover wiggled in my hand when i was texting. I do not use a case so it bothered me also I was not sure about at&t service but so far it has been as good as veizon. this bold is easy to hold in one hand and text and it feels like a much better quality bb then the tour. I don't think I would switch back to verizon if they just added wifi and trackpad to the tour.
    03-09-10 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the response mercuryoil. I've been eying up the 9700 since it was released. After playing with both the 9700 and the 9630, the Bold definitely seems like a higher quality build. I've liked AT&T phones better since I bought my first BlackBerry but was stuck with Alltel as my only choice for my provider. Now that I don't live in the sticks and actually have a choice of carriers, I'm glad my Verizon (Alltel) contract is about to expire.
    03-09-10 02:24 PM
    A. The Tour is much improved, my battery cover doesn't wiggle, the trackball works to perfection and I MUCH prefer it over the trackpad!
    That being said, the 9700 is a somewhat better phone ONLY ON T-MOBILE as AT&T doesn't allow voice calls on WiFi if I understand correctly?

B. Neither T-Mobile OR AT&T offer any coverage where I need it so they are not an option. If you travel at all, neither T-Mobile or AT&T are an option unless you do as some and get a cheap VZW phone and pay-as-you go plan to use when needed.
    03-09-10 02:33 PM
    It depends if you plan on traveling cross country. There's many examples where I go to places (i.e. youth camps) and all my friends who had at&t didn't have service and me with vzw did. So if your area has good voice and 3g coverage and you don't plan on traveling too much, I can't see why not if you want a better phone.

But I like big red! There's no way that I'm switching!
    03-09-10 03:02 PM
    Hmmm, maybe because the bold 9700 isn't on sprint & Verizon?
    +10

Att and Tmobile suck where I'm at too. I choose the best carrier then choose the best phone. The best phone with crappy coverage turns into a sh*** phone really quick.
    03-09-10 03:03 PM
    there are no att stores in North Dakota. and they dont have really good reception up here
    03-09-10 03:34 PM
    Zooy, check to see if your coverage is good in your area with AT&T. If it is go for the Bold, if not by all means stay with VZ.
    03-09-10 03:41 PM
    the stupidity of this topic is astounding...
    03-09-10 03:45 PM
    there are no att stores in North Dakota. and they dont have really good reception up here
    AT&T will be in North Dakota before you know it once the Sale of Alltel from Verizon is finalized and the Government approves it, then AT&T will have better reception everywhere.
    Cause all Alltel Towers will need to be converted to GSM technology.
    03-09-10 03:48 PM
    The wireless service varies, depending on where you are, but the Customer Service with AT&T is atrocious. VZW is quick, friendly and they'll even review your acct to see if things are OK. ATT takes more time just getting the call started. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them yesterday to get NOTHING accomplished. Want to port a number and buy an iPhone. The online system was jacked up and automatically inserted a cancelled number to "verify" our acct which wouldn't work. I call in, it takes the guy 10 minutes to realize that he isn't authorized to work on our acct, has to transfer me to business dept. I then spend 10 minutes with the next CSR who then realizes that we are too big and she can only do Small Business accts. (We are down to 15 lines with ATT??) She starts pushing me to call our Rep, who I've never met/talked to/needed in the past 1.5 years...
    03-09-10 04:05 PM
    I had the Moto Cliq on Tmobile.. sold it a month ago in hopes there'd be a friggin T2 by now.. but now I'm stuck with a REALLY bad shape Curve. AAHH. I want to switch to VZW so I can be on a family plan and get better 3G coverage. Tmobile is fine in my area, and they offer the 9700- but I plan on moving to an area where it will suck Now THIS is a BAD situation... 9700 dangling right in front of me. I will be strong. I will be strong.

PS: I REALLLLLLLLLY hope the T2 has more than just WiFi and trackpad... I've been waiting TOO long.
    03-09-10 04:18 PM
    the stupidity of this topic is astounding...
    +1
    10 char
    03-09-10 04:26 PM
    +10

Att and Tmobile suck where I'm at too. I choose the best carrier then choose the best phone. The best phone with crappy coverage turns into a sh*** phone really quick.
    Same here. I know a few people who switched to ATT for better devices and now regret it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 04:31 PM
    Zooy, check to see if your coverage is good in your area with AT&T. If it is go for the Bold, if not by all means stay with VZ.
    My home area has great AT&T coverage, but I travel every week for work. I've never had coverage with my Verizon phone where my AT&T phone didn't, but my AT&T phone isn't a smart phone. No one else at my work has had issues with coverage on AT&T though with their smart phones (BlackBerries and iPhones). I like Verizon but I can get a BlackBerry 9700 for $200 and pay $30/month for service. Makes it kinda hard to wait for a phone that might not be as good as the 9700 and end up paying way more in the long run. The only reason I hesitate is I'd like to keep my work and personal life somewhat separated at times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 04:53 PM
    I had been with VZW from the beginning and had no problems, but got tired of waiting and made the switch to AT&T for the 9700.
    Its only been a month, but so far, I couldn't be happier with everything. I'm in a rural area outside of Pittsburgh and the call quality is much better than my VZW service was.
    Also keep this in mind if you're out of VZW contract.........If at anytime you want out of your 9700, pay the $175 ETF and sell it on ebay for a break even or make a couple dollars.
    You have nothing to lose!
    03-09-10 06:23 PM
    I have been due for an upgrade for a while and it crossed my mind to switch over to ATT for the Bold, but couldnt get myself to do it because of how mediocre the call quality is here on ATT compared to VZW. Instead, a few days ago I made the switch to the Droid, and I cant stand it. My Tour 9630 is really on its last leg, so I needed to get something new, but there was no new BB to upgrade to, so Droid it was. The Droid is going back ASAP, but I dont know what to do now that the Tour2/Bold/Whatever is taking too long.
    03-09-10 06:55 PM
    Us CDMA users want a Bold-like device, but can't have the GSM 9700. That is why we wait. Well, that is why some wait; I really have to wait since I have another 16 months of contract unless I snag my wife's eligibility in July... hehehe.
    03-09-10 11:54 PM
    Us CDMA users want a Bold-like device, but can't have the GSM 9700. That is why we wait. Well, that is why some wait; I really have to wait since I have another 16 months of contract unless I snag my wife's eligibility in July... hehehe.

All that plus WiFi.

B B
    03-10-10 12:52 AM
    i live in a college town where all the students use iphones that mommy and daddy pay for. and by all the students i mean all the students. service for att is night and day different during the summer and during the school year. therefor its not worth it for me to jump ship for a bold/iphone because service is way bogged down. i will stick with verizon and hope for the best on this rumor of a phone to release
    03-10-10 01:24 AM
    AT&T sucks... thats why we dont want that 9700
    03-10-10 07:05 AM
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    03-10-10 07:28 AM
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    you mean you guys dont like paying more for worse coverage???
    03-10-10 08:18 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD