This is the first BB I've owned...got it 2 days ago and love it...

I use gmail for my email accounts...and there are times when I try and delete and email from my bb using the delete and/or the delete from handheld and on the server function...but the email doesn't delete from the handheld. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,

Rick Williams
    BB Tour 9630
    03-09-10 09:47 AM
    Same for me. I got a BB because I heard how great the email was, but truthfully it sucks. I downloaded the gmail plugin when I was still running 4.7 and it worked great, just no notifications but I got my whole gmail in box and they stayed in sync. Now most of my emails arent even getting forwarded to my phone. Even though I love my Tour Im starting to wonder what is so great about these phones
    03-09-10 11:30 AM
    I loaded 5.0 this morning about 20 mins after posting this... I'm not not having a problem
    03-09-10 11:42 AM
    Same for me. I got a BB because I heard how great the email was, but truthfully it sucks. I downloaded the gmail plugin when I was still running 4.7 and it worked great, just no notifications but I got my whole gmail in box and they stayed in sync. Now most of my emails arent even getting forwarded to my phone. Even though I love my Tour Im starting to wonder what is so great about these phones
    It sounds like you have your handheld configured wrong.
    03-09-10 12:43 PM
    Any ideas? Is there a way I can see all my messages in my inbox and not just the ones I got since Ive had it?
    03-09-10 01:43 PM
    If you delete an email from the server, it won't automatically delete from the phone. If you delete from the phone, it will delete there and on the server.

You can only have emails on the phone from this point forward, not all the ones on the server or from some point of time in the past.

About the only good thing about emails on this phone is that you get them instantly. Other than that there are some shortcomings.
    03-09-10 02:11 PM
    Is this a change/new to certain software (perhaps 5.0.1)? I know for a fact that I used to be able to delete (or download) off my server (to Outlook, for example) and it would reconcile with my BB and delete off the BB. This has not worked for about a month or two and I just tried to fix it (wiped device and restored) and no dice (this was at VZW tech support's suggestion).

So, doe this functionality not work anymore? Why the change?
    03-11-10 08:24 PM
    Is this a change/new to certain software (perhaps 5.0.1)? I know for a fact that I used to be able to delete (or download) off my server (to Outlook, for example) and it would reconcile with my BB and delete off the BB. This has not worked for about a month or two and I just tried to fix it (wiped device and restored) and no dice (this was at VZW tech support's suggestion).

So, doe this functionality not work anymore? Why the change?
    Well, I don't recall it being like that

Deleting off the server never deleted the email off of my BB ever..

Maybe I haven't used BB for long enough
    03-11-10 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD