View Poll Results: Why Did You Buy a Blackberry Storm?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • SurePress Technology

20 12.99%
  • My Company Made Me Get One

2 1.30%
  • I Wanted a Blackberry with a Touchscreen

114 74.03%
  • I Like to try the Newest Technologies

18 11.69%
    I am trying to get an idea of why Blackberry Storm (1 and 3) owners bought a Blackberry Storm. There are a few reasons I can think of, but if I missed one, let me know and I'll add it.
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 03-09-10 at 09:08 AM.
    03-09-10 08:39 AM
    not enough options. my reason? my wife kept nagging me for one. (even more so, after I returned our first TWO sets of storms--the S1, and then the S2). Today I await the "improved" version of the S2, via fedex and if it's not the new one, I'll return our storms for the third time and wait out Verizon to get new stock. I'm the type of guy that doesn't like owning problem-child products. When my storm works, I like it. When it gets messed up (memory leak, voice dialing fails, slows down--all that requires a battery pull) it annoys the **** out of me. I nearly threw it against the wall last week. Instead, I shoved a door so hard, the door stop went through the sheetrock. Label my feelings on the Storm a "love/hate relationship". BOTTOM LINE: if my wife didn't keep whining about getting the storms again, I would be happy to keep using my LG. (at least this is the only thing she's ever nagged me over, so I can't complain about her overall! )
    03-09-10 08:50 AM
    I think you should add

The Storm had all the features that were necessary for me to be happy.
    03-09-10 08:52 AM
    Because the commercial was kool
    03-09-10 08:57 AM
    None of the above....

Initially I had a Storm 1. (got it withing 2 days of the initial relaease)
    It kept going wrong, It kept getting repaired and sent back, then when it started getting hot while I was using it so RIM asked Vodafone UK to send them the phone for research.

Time went by, After 4 months I put my foot down and demanded to know what has happened. Basically RIM/Vodafone managed to loose my phone.

Because of this they sent me a Storm 2 the week before they were released.

And that's my story.
    (for those of you that know me, you'll also kno that this is my Storm 2 number 6!)
    03-09-10 09:07 AM
    Hmm, how do I edit the poll?
    03-09-10 09:10 AM
    Poll definitely need more options and possibly a multiple choice. My reasons are simple. It basically has all the BB features but on a larger screen and I love the SurePress idea. For some reason I don't like touchscreen only devices I have tried
    03-09-10 09:18 AM
    To be completely honest, I liked BlackBerries, but I HATED (straight up despised) trackballs. Worst technology ever. So when I found out there was a BlackBerry without a trackball, AND it wasn't completely touchscreen? I was all over it like fat kids on twinkies. I still think SurePress beats the **** out of pure touch, but that's just me.

Then I ran into some hardware issues...and again..and again..then I saw what the Storm 2 looked like, 'ran into another issue', took it back and exchanged it for an S2, and never looked back. I love my Storm. <3
    03-09-10 09:20 AM
    i love my storm1.yesterday i went in to vzw store for the fun of it,said my storm one was freezing up.(it was not)they gave me storm2 no questions asked.I said it was my 3rd storm.try it it may be policy now
    03-09-10 09:32 AM
    I wanted a BIG screen smart phone - loved the looks of the iPhone when it first came out, but refused to switch to AT&T - then I got my first Blackberry (Pearl 8130) and I was sold on BBs ever since. I was so excited that BB was coming out with a touchscreen phone and waited and waited until the S2 came out and bought it right away (10/28). The ONE thing that bothers me is the build quailty; it just seems that too many people have had issues with their phone, and not just the S2. Mine has worked almost flawlessly until yesterday - now it seems to want to randomly reboot. I will try the "wedge" on the battery to see if that solves my issue.
    03-09-10 09:36 AM
    I also wanted a BIG SCREEN. I loved the Tour but the scren soze on the Storm2 was the deciding factor, especially when using the GPS features.
    03-09-10 09:45 AM
    ok heres what i think about it
    i took cuz i needed a touch blackberry but this "thing" stinks
    sooo buggy why they dont fix it up with an update to the OS faster than that the 9700 got too many leaks and official OS's ahy not the storm 9550 ?
    is it verizon or RIM ?
    is it me or the stomr 9550 :<
    this "thing" made me think twice of any touch mobiles just make sure it's a mobile not a "thing" as this failure supposed to be i just hated my life with the S2
    03-09-10 10:08 AM
    My company switched from Palm Treos to BB's shortly before the Storm 1 came out. A lot of us were disappointed, because Treos are work horses. However, because we are a global company, the technology just made sense. Many of our coworkers overseas had been with BB for awhile and were raving about it. I had a curve for awhile until a coworker got his hands on the S1, and of course I had to have one. I went back to the curve for a while, but did not care for the trackball and got the S1 back. I never had any real problems with the S1. I have been a smartphone user since the Simon so I am used to hicups.

We are not allowed to have any unapproved apps. There's basically a rule, if the app is fun, you can't have it. No Slacker, pandora
    vcast or anything. So I took the plunge and bought a personal phone.
    Last edited by jbdale; 03-09-10 at 10:29 AM.
    03-09-10 10:27 AM

We are not allowed to have any unapproved apps. There's basically a rule, if the app is fun, you can't have it. No Slacker, pandora
    vcast or anything. So I took the plunge and bought a personal phone.

not allowing Pandora is downright criminal.
    03-09-10 10:31 AM
    I had the Pixi Plus but couldn't adapt to the small screen. The S2 was may original desire anyway. I wanted for the screen size, SurePress and SureType.
    03-09-10 11:12 AM
    For me it was the SurePress technology. Love typing on the S2 .. even more so than on my Droid and 3GS.

Second reason was I had always wanted a touchscreen BB.
    03-09-10 11:37 AM
    I got it because it's a sleek looking phone and was the only touch screen BlackBerry when I bought it.
    03-09-10 11:50 AM
    Because Verizon didn't have an iphone. I want one, but refuse to go to AT&T. This was the next best choice as far as I am concerned, and I love it to death.
    03-09-10 12:08 PM
    I'm gonna have to do another poll in a couple days with more options. There are definitely some I missed such as "Bigger Screen" and "I'm with Verizon and won't go to AT&T".
    03-09-10 12:15 PM
    I agree with Crazy Yankee. I wanted an iPhone too, but I was not going to change to ATT where I live just for a phone. Their coverage is the pits.

After living with my Storm2 now for 3 months (Dec 09), I can honestly say I have no idea how I ever put up with those WinMo touchscreen phones with the stylus for all those years. And SurePress is wonderful, no matter what others say.
    03-09-10 12:52 PM
    I enjoy having a large screen. The typing on the storm 2 is a joy
    03-09-10 01:15 PM
    Wanted a full screen, no keyboard smartphone that would sync directly all of the PIMs with Outlook. Palm (which had always made the PIMs availbe to sync)stopped doing this with the intro of the Pre/Pixi family.

Good Luck
    03-09-10 01:18 PM
    I had a Curve and it was getting older as far as the technology was concerned. I wanted to stick with a Blackberry and I wanted the flagship so I decided to give the touch screen a try.
    03-09-10 02:20 PM
    Because the commercial was kool
    That's why I originally wanted the storm 1! Jim told me to! Didn't want Pam to get mad at him for not selling what he was trying to!
    03-09-10 02:43 PM
    Large screen and surepress
    03-09-10 02:48 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD