I only care about 9700 actual user opinions. Here are my main requirements

- it has to sound incredible on both ends. I could hear people fine on my H12 but everyone says its very hard to understand me on their phone.

- needs to be able to use my blackberry car charger with the thinner new style power jack that the 9700 uses

- No motorola. i have owned 4 motorola earpieces and they all suck. end of story.
    03-09-10 03:22 AM
    Jawbone Icon? Do a search on that. I've heard it's the best bluetooth head set.
    03-09-10 04:18 AM
    Plantronics 925 is the best. Has the micro USB charging port, same as the 9700. I can hear other people fine and they can hear me. Cellphoneshop.net has it for around $50-$60.
    03-09-10 08:44 AM
    I use the Jawbone and been very happy with it and it's battery life too
    03-09-10 08:56 AM
    I have had great success with my jawbone. The battery life is surprisingly good and the sound quality is amazing. Just my .02
    03-09-10 09:45 AM
    i use a jawbone II and my gf uses a jawbone prime, amazing product, very clear calls and amazing sound isolations. battery lasts a good day. simple functions but they work very well. also looks really nice.

plantronics is also a reliable model, it's the closest competitor with jawbone II.

if you're looking for sound quality, there's one made by seinnheiser which has very good sound quality, but i don't know it, so i don't know the details.
    03-09-10 11:00 AM
    Plantronic Discovery 975...end thead.
    03-09-10 11:11 AM
    I do not think any of them are worth a cr^p. I hate to hold conversations with people using them and they do not work as well as everyone thinks. Not to mention you look like a dork with it crammed in your ear.

I do 60 calls a day and can always find a free hand to hold my phone.
    03-09-10 11:18 AM
    I use a Sony Ericsson PV 708 and I used a PV 702 before, so I've had SE-BB combination for more than 2 yrs now. It works perfect, the stand-by is one week and I talk on the phone at least half an hour/day, always connected on the phone.
    03-09-10 11:23 AM
    used jawbone with my 9700 with no problems. doesn't have the same charger, but it's worth it. i've had my car window open and stereo blasting and caller on the other end thought i was in my office. it also adjusts the volumn accordingly so you can hear the caller.
    03-09-10 11:25 AM
    Yes go with the jawbone prime/icon if you have the money. if not, go for the Jawbone 2 which is around half price.
    They have 'noise cancellation.
    They also have a button to turn on the 'noise assassin' which is like super noise cancelling. you may sound a bit 'underwater' but at least it is CLEAR.
    on a busy street with the noise assassin activated the other side may think you are a bit underwater but they cannot hear the horns and loud exhaust sounds. there are videos on youtube made the jawbone. The nice lady uses it and walks through a construction site and in another video she is in some kind of car race thing.

Notice how you can still her (noise cancelling) but the background noise is a bit loud, and then she turns on the noise assassin, the background construction sounds disappear.

Don't worry about the charger. Just charge the bluetooth once a day for like an hour.
    03-09-10 01:18 PM
    picked up the jawbone icon. It has the same charger as the 9700 so that was kind of cool. My friends and fam are reporting a 100% increase in clarity. I am very happy with it so far. We will see how it holds up.
    03-09-10 05:53 PM
    I know I don't have your phone but I use the jawbone and it is the best
    03-09-10 06:33 PM
    I'm loving my plantronics voyager pro!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 06:41 PM
    Voyager Pro. My dog has eaten 4 bluetooths in the past 2 years (which probably says more about how well I keep track of my things than it says about my dogs behavior) that's 2 motos and 2 plantronics that I have "tested" extensively. I've never used a Jawbone but I've heard better things about Voyager Pro. And it meets your list of prereqs completely. And it's comfortable. And it's not too tiny that it can slip through a hole in your pocket, but it's not too bulky that it makes you look like a receptionist. And it doesn't blink blue constantly when it's connected, so not only will the battery life last longer, but it's less likely to attract small destructive animals.

Voyager Pro.

03-09-10 07:00 PM
    Plantronics Voyager Pro. For SURE.
    03-09-10 07:22 PM
    I do not think any of them are worth a cr^p. I hate to hold conversations with people using them and they do not work as well as everyone thinks. Not to mention you look like a dork with it crammed in your ear.

I do 60 calls a day and can always find a free hand to hold my phone.
    That's quality assistance to the OP for sure...

I like the Blueant Q1

03-09-10 07:35 PM
    The Blueant Q1 and also Z9i are both really good headsets. The Voyager Pro is also very solid. All three have solid batteries and good quality from what I've learned through my own personal experience. Actually rode in a semi truck with the Voyager Pro and had no issues.

On a side note, my dog ate my Voyager Pro!

03-09-10 10:22 PM
    Jawbone Icon. It is the best bt headset I have ever owned (keep in mind the only other one I've owned was the Voyager pro) and it works great with the 9700.

The noise canceling is amazing. I tested it out by calling someone from right next to an indoor waterfall and he could hear me crystal clear but not the waterfall.

I can hear others perfectly too.

Sorry just read you already bought it. Hope it works out good for you.
    03-09-10 10:51 PM
    I have the jawbone prime and plantronics voyager pro. I used to have a blueant. Out of all 3 I use the plantronics voyager pro the most. It's less stylish and larger than the jawbone but call quality is amazing with the plantronics. I've even switched on and off the plantronics while on a call and asked people to tell the difference. 2 out of 3 people thought I was coming in more clear using the headset, weird I know but just shows you the the type of call clarity you get from the plantronics.

Everytime I've tried switching on and off from the jawbone while on a call, every single person said they can tell the difference and that I come in clearer while on the phone rather than the jawbone.

Good Luck deciding
    03-09-10 11:03 PM
    I have Plantronics Discovery and the sound on both end is very clear. People never know I am on an earpiece. However, I have a lot of problems getting and keeping it in my ear.
    03-10-10 01:23 PM
    as you can see anything jawbone is good.
    03-10-10 01:34 PM
    I'm loving my plantronics voyager pro!
    Yep, agreed ... love my Voyager Pro.
    03-10-10 01:38 PM
    as you can see anything jawbone is good.
    yeah agreed
    03-10-10 02:16 PM
    I almost never hold the phone to my ear and I make 4+ hours of calls (on average) a day.

I have used for probably almost a year already the Jawbone II and been extremely satisfied with it. Noise cancellation was excellent, other end reported great quality. My only complaint was that sometimes it was a little quiet in the ear. Extremely comfortable.

I just recently purchased - and yes I know this goes against the OP's first post but here is my opinion - the Motorola HX1 bone conduction headset. I must say the quality is excellent. The noise canceling to the other end normally is incredible and when the Stealth Mode (bone conduction) is turned on you sound muffled but clear and understandable with no other noise. The only downside is after an hour or 2 in the ear it can become a little uncomfortable because of the way it sits.

Just my .02. Hope you find what you are looking for, I have never tried but heard nothing but great about all Jawbone products thats probably the best bet.

Best of luck.
    03-10-10 03:05 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD