Ok so I know about the black out and all but my S2 has gone haywire. I girlfiends works fine and we both are on the same plan.

My browser will work as long as I am connected to a wifi, but if I turn wifi off and open my browser and try to go to a site my browser says

"this is a wifi service. please ensure your device has an active wifi connection and try again"

my weather bug work fine and other data stuff is working ok for now

what the **** is going on
    03-09-10 01:03 AM
    It's just this random outage for certain people. Mine has been just like yours since this time last night. I was on the phone with Verizon tech for an hour today and he couldn't even send me service books and he told me to take it to the store because he didn't know anything else to do. Store tech worked with it for an hour and said he would order me a new phone If I liked but it was probably the network but they didn't really know. Seems odd that no one would know about a network outage but why would he offer me the new phone if he did. He said if not working by Friday come back and order the new phone lol. I said if it's not on by Friday I will be needing a different phone because this is ridiculous for what I pay a month. If I'm paying for data I want the data to work. I can understand that problems arise but someone should at least know what to tell you. Sad thing is that others with the s2 in the store were also not working but some were. Just doesn't make sense.
    03-09-10 01:18 AM
    BB browser is a piece of dung...
    get opera mini or bolt...
    03-09-10 01:57 AM
    opra dont work either!!
    03-09-10 07:09 AM
    everything works perfect from wifi but the browsers wont work and my emails do not work. on 3g my girlfriend has the same phone same OS same data plan and everything and hers works perfect yet mine will not do anything. alos i cant get to the site to resend my service books from my phone and when I tried to do it from the pc it tells me I have to do it from my phone
    Last edited by quads4_life; 03-09-10 at 07:18 AM.
    03-09-10 07:11 AM
    I had same problem last night it was kinda hit or miss, it was almost like a complete outage but it would pickup occasionally
    03-09-10 07:50 AM
    My browser is crapping out too...I also cant get any access to Blackberry AppWorld...blows
    03-09-10 08:03 AM
    If it's strictly a problem with the browser when you're connected to WiFi, and everything else is working (emails, weatherberry, etc.),

Maybe you have your browser set to "HotSpot" Browser???
    03-09-10 08:09 AM
    If it's strictly a problem with the browser when you're connected to WiFi, and everything else is working (emails, weatherberry, etc.),

Maybe you have your browser set to "HotSpot" Browser???
    Im not conneted to WiFi and I dont have my browser set to "hotspot"...did a battery pull and still no change....
    03-09-10 08:16 AM
    Yup, go into the browser settings and change the default browser to "Internet Browser" (not "Hotspot"). That should fix your problem.
    03-09-10 08:24 AM
    OK seems Im getting my BES email from work but all BIS accounts and any browsing from all apps fail...and NO IM NOT ON "Hotspot"....any other ideas?

Ive tried to resend the service books from BIS cuz it wont connect from my phone, registered from the host routing table and did 2 battery pulls....Help!!
    03-09-10 09:04 AM
    Having same issue here. Wifi works with everything but when not in wifi i have no internet , browser, socialscope. Wifes 8330 works fine. I dunno whats up. Its been down since about midnight....Im in south Ga.
    03-09-10 09:06 AM
    I too had the problem.... Not any more

Ok, go to:
    Options> advanced options> Browser

Make sure your default is 'Internet browser'.
    MDS is 'Internet browser'
    WAP is 'My Web'
    (save the above)

Then open your browser,
    Press the BB button,
    Then options,
    Then Browser Configuration.
    Set browser to 'Internet Browser'.
    Browser identification to 'Blackberry'
    Then BB button and 'Save options'
    Then close the menu.
    Close the browser.

Then when you re open the browser all should be ok.

(it's when your internet settings keep setting to 'Hotspot Browser' that you get the problems. This is ok when your in WiFi range but causes problems when on 3G)

It took me a couple of goes of putting the settings in to get them to stick for some reason. But got there in the end.
    Last edited by MaxdMerc; 03-09-10 at 09:17 AM.
    03-09-10 09:14 AM
    I too had the problem.... Not any more

Ok, go to:
    Options> advanced options> Browser

Make sure your default is 'Internet browser'.
    MDS is 'Internet browser'
    WAP is 'My Web'
    (save the above)

Then open your browser,
    Press the BB button,
    Then options,
    Then Browser Configuration.
    Set browser to 'Internet Browser'.
    Browser identification to 'Blackberry'
    Then BB button and 'Save options'
    Then close the menu.
    Close the browser.

Then when you re open the browser all should be ok.

(it's when your internet settings keep setting to 'Hotspot Browser' that you get the problems. This is ok when your in WiFi range but causes problems when on 3G)

It took me a couple of goes of putting the settings in to get them to stick for some reason. But got there in the end.

Mine was already set as you mentioned but i did it and saved again and still the same problem. Thanks for the help though!
    03-09-10 09:22 AM
    Mine was already set as you mentioned but i did it and saved again and still the same problem. Thanks for the help though!
    Is it only when you click on a link from another program?

If it is, check the browser settings when you open the link.

My settings were all set as above in the normal options until I opened a link from Ubertwitter or facebook etc, but when I checked the settings there they were different. (Hotspot was activated)

I promise you that after I reset them all, everything was then fine.

Hope this helps.
    03-09-10 09:28 AM
    Is it only when you click on a link from another program?

If it is, check the browser settings when you open the link.

My settings were all set as above in the normal options until I opened a link from Ubertwitter or facebook etc, but when I checked the settings there they were different. (Hotspot was activated)

I promise you that after I reset them all, everything was then fine.

Hope this helps.
    Other data programs will not even connect to the net. When i try to open a bookmark in browser i get "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider." Also no BBM
    03-09-10 09:36 AM
    There is an outage which should be fixed "this afternoon" according to the rep. I spent an hour on the phone with Tmobile this morning for them to determine that (had no service since 10pm last night). BTW- I can get on the internet using web2go - just not the browser. And i have no gmail or email service.
    03-09-10 09:38 AM
    There is an outage which should be fixed "this afternoon" according to the rep. I spent an hour on the phone with Tmobile this morning for them to determine that (had no service since 10pm last night). BTW- I can get on the internet using web2go - just not the browser. And i have no gmail or email service.

I'm guessing a Blackberry outage? Or just Tmobile? Hopefully BB since im down to as well as others.
    03-09-10 09:39 AM
    It's a BB outage.....so far I think it's affecting TMobile and ATT???
    03-09-10 09:52 AM
    oops- I see you're verizon. Guess you too!
    03-09-10 09:53 AM
    YEah I am suffering from this issue the OP states as well.
    03-09-10 10:04 AM
    Whew...glad more people are having this issue....was beginning to think it was just me....add Verizon to the list so maybe its a BB issue.
    03-09-10 10:08 AM
    Other data programs will not even connect to the net. When i try to open a bookmark in browser i get "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider." Also no BBM
    Yeah definately an outage then.

Sorry I couldn't help.
    03-09-10 10:11 AM
    must be in certain areas only. Everything seems to be working fine in Philly.
    03-09-10 10:18 AM
    It's Back!...Im in Jersey City, NJ and the wonderful sound coming from my phone is constant now...all emails and connections back to normal....hope for all you as well!

...and the VZW tech was recommending I re-install my phone after he said no we're not experiencing any outages.....man
    03-09-10 10:45 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD