Now that os 5 is official, let's talk about BlackBerry Browser.
    I'm on 5.0.0.509, and it seems like the native browser is MUCH faster.
    Compared to the native browser, Opera mini 5 b2 seems slower.

Is it just me?
    I've completely ditched Opera at this point.

when I was on 4.6, browser sucked, so I was over at opera mini 4.2
    but it seems like the tide has turned.
    03-08-10 04:52 PM
    agreed. I also ditched bolt after the 1.7 upgrade. it slowed down. I'm still running .411 and the native browser is faster than bolt. I gave up on opera a long time ago.
    03-09-10 08:13 AM
    Yup MUCH faster here too

noticed a huge difference since switching from .411 to .509
    Last edited by bbski; 03-09-10 at 09:00 AM.
    03-09-10 08:57 AM
    You guys are nuts. Give it a few weeks, you'll realize how much faster both Bolt and Opera are than the Native.
    03-09-10 09:01 AM
    Im on 8900 running 5.0.0.348 and the native browser has always sucked for me. Running Opera 5 beta and its a beast. The mouse pointer on Opera moves slowly but the pages load faster and better functionality.
    03-09-10 10:53 AM
    opera 5 b2 performs the best for me, over bolt and native browser. the native browser is better since the release of 5.0 though. can't wait for the webkit browser!
    03-09-10 12:02 PM
    Opera Mini 5 B2 renders webpages faster than the native browser, no doubt.
    However, the browser itself is VERY laggy for me. Their new fancy and slick UI seems much too resource heavy for me.
    03-09-10 12:08 PM
    The native browser still lags on rendering. I can sense its much faster than before but still not up to par with the 3rd party browsers. Only problem with opera mini 5 beta is that u cannot copy paste. For me that's pretty big considering html emails cannot be read. In the meantime I use bolt 1.7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 11:15 PM
    The native browser still lags on rendering. I can sense its much faster than before but still not up to par with the 3rd party browsers. Only problem with opera mini 5 beta is that u cannot copy paste. For me that's pretty big considering html emails cannot be read. In the meantime I use bolt 1.7.

I can copy/paste with it on my Storm 2, not sure why you can't on the Curve
    03-10-10 05:51 AM
    We have that touch sensor thing to select the text, I dunno if they can do that.
    03-10-10 07:52 AM
    Since I use my BlackBerry with pre-paid, I don't have access to the BES/BIS so Opera is the only way to go for me. Not a bad browser actually.
    03-10-10 07:58 AM
    Since I switched to .509, the majority of the time I go on opera 5 mini beta it doesn't work and says connection failed. The native browser works when this doesn't. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it ? Thanks.

03-10-10 08:54 PM
    Opera is essentially unusable.
    03-10-10 10:55 PM
    I still have problems following links in Mini 5 so I'm waiting for the final.

I suggest Opera has the best UI. Specifically the rendering is good and the Zoom feature is great.

I'm currently using Bolt because its more reliable, but I want to return to Opera..

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-11-10 05:45 AM

On my tour, I just hold down my trackball and then options appear to copy and paste. Maybe its the same for you, I can't see what phone you have to see if you have a trackball or trackpad. I don't know if its the same with the trackpad.

03-11-10 08:11 AM
    My native browser is ALWAYS fast after a fresh install, but it ALWAYS slows down. Opera is noticeably faster than my native and Bolt is not as fast as it used to be, for me. I wish I saved 1.63.

03-11-10 10:20 AM
    I used opera mini for awhile but ended up returning to the native browser, just has a better feel and more comfortable to use IMO

03-12-10 09:14 PM
    I used opera mini for awhile but ended up returning to the native browser, just has a better feel and more comfortable to use IMO

I agree, but the Opera browser is hella fast
    03-12-10 10:31 PM
    WoW I cant believe the difference in opinions out there about browsers, thats a good thing though. For me Opera mini 4.2 was great but it doesnt work with the 5.0 upgrade with Sprint so I had to go back to Mini 5 beta 2. its great for browsing but browsing only. The mini 4.2 was final & really worked well with bb operating system, I sure hope people are letting Opera know about this problem
    03-12-10 11:47 PM
    I still have my orignal OS on my curve 8900 and I D/L opera mini and the cursor moves wayyy to slow, yeah the pages load slightly faster but the slow curosr kills it for me.thats so annoying to me. back to the native.
    03-13-10 01:52 AM
    I have problem with my operamini 5 b2, download file always stops... Anyone experiance this problem?

03-13-10 08:41 AM
    I don't like Opera 5 b2 at all! I prefer Bolt over it. My favorite is the native browser though.

03-13-10 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD