Hiya Crackheads!

I've been having a problem with my curve 8330(that I did not have with my pearl 8130 or world 8830). I am on a BES with work, and I cannot use the PIN lookup. It says no PIN exists for that person(even if I try to just lookup one letter). I can look up email addy's just fine, just not PINs. And everyone else in the company with the curve(a couple dozen of us) has the same problem(I seem to be the only one who cares).

I have contacted my IT admin, and after resetting the device and the BES, all they can suggest is to DOA my device. But I can't see how getting rid of my device will help all these other curves on the server.

Anyone else on a BES having this problem?
    Last edited by Danizme; 06-15-08 at 03:11 PM.
    06-15-08 02:12 PM
    I have no problem with PIN lookups on my 8310. I tried looking up people who I don't have in my contacts but I know have BBs and it works fine. The first lookup, "pas" came back with over 500 hits. I did notice that when the lookup is done, it shows the person's email address in the lookup, but once the person is selected, it shows their PIN.
    06-15-08 04:17 PM
    Pin lookups works with my 8830 on a BES. It isn't very useful, however, since our Outlook Address Book doesn't include pins unless you add them to your blackberry first. So if I do a pin look up starting with ab, I'll find Abbott, but when I select his name, it will say "No Pin Address: ab".

The few people I pin, I have in my contacts list already, so I'd never tried a pin lookup before.
    06-15-08 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD