I've had my Storm2 about a week and a half now. Coming from an old 8830, I really like it. I do sometimes have a problem with the four bottom buttons not activating. About 1 in 5 times or so. I came here to check on this, and it appears I'm not alone. I chose the Storm2 because I wasn't fond of the trackball phones, although my wife likes her Tour.

So is I'm reading this right, lots of people have this problem. Should I consider mine bad enough to try to get a new one and go through the hassle? Or should I try for a different phone? I know there's a new Tour/Bold coming for Verizon, but I would want to get this taken care of now.

I guess what I'm really asking is how bad should the problem be to try to get a new one, and if that is really going to matter since they all seem problematic. i guess I could drop down to a Curve.
    03-08-10 12:00 PM
    If its bad enough to bother you now, exchange it before its too late and it gets worse. It isnt't going to get better
    03-08-10 12:04 PM
    In what ways do you mean your having problems with the four bottom buttons not activating?
    03-08-10 12:20 PM
    Are you still on offical OS?
    03-08-10 12:32 PM
    1. Yes, official OS. This is a work-supplied phone, so my exerimentation/customization pretty much stops at a case.

2. I'll try to describe what is happening. Whenever I use the touchscreen, everything works fine. Sometimes when using the bottom four keys, and primarily the "Back" key, they will be dead and unresponsive. For example, I might be looking at a web page, and hit the back key and it works fine, but on the next push down it doesn't click and nothing happens. If I pull the finger away, and either hit another spot or key, then go back, it will work fine.
    03-08-10 12:36 PM
    There's a hardware change that fixes this. Read the first post in this thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/im...screen-432510/). You can take it back and have the store give you one with the proper date code.

I had the same problem on my phone and after I made an adjustment to the torx screws (search for "torx screw" if you're not familiar with this), my buttons have worked perfectly. Since my phone runs great except for the bottom button issue, I prefer to fix my own. It takes about 60 seconds.
    03-08-10 12:39 PM
    I talked to my It guy here and it looks like we're switching to a Tour. We've had too many problems with the Storm/Storm2.
    03-08-10 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD