Hi guys,

I'm using Bold 9000 and after installing the new OS5.0, I realised my keylock function is missing and I can only lock my phone after password enabled.

I tried downgrading back to 4.6 and re-installing 5.0 but still the function is missing. Any help to this matter?

I really hate setting my phone to password enable.

Thanks.
    03-08-10 02:31 AM
    This is the way 5.0 works as far as I have read.
    03-08-10 02:58 AM
    It now goes into standby mode when you press and hold the * key. In order to get it to lock you need to enable the password which in turn creates the padlock icon to be able to use it but it doesn't re-map it to the * key. IMO I dig it this way going into standby locks the keypad, you have to use the mute key to unlock it kinda like the 9700 (also puts it in standby as well). You still get notification sounds and calls. With having QL (quick launch) I have the lock devive enabled for extra security. Hope this answers your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 03:01 AM
    This is the way 5.0 works as far as I have read.
    This is what I suspected at first, but then again I understand 9700 doesn't have this issue. With or without password, it'll lock.

It now goes into standby mode when you press and hold the * key. In order to get it to lock you need to enable the password which in turn creates the padlock icon to be able to use it but it doesn't re-map it to the * key. IMO I dig it this way going into standby locks the keypad, you have to use the mute key to unlock it kinda like the 9700 (also puts it in standby as well). You still get notification sounds and calls. With having QL (quick launch) I have the lock devive enabled for extra security. Hope this answers your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I disable my "dial from home page" and so my keylock is actually 'K' which doesn't require me to hold on to it. I had tried using BEIKS keyboard locker but it will only kick in when I enable a password lock.

Anyway thanks for the prompt replies guys.
    03-08-10 03:11 AM
    Hey there,
    I stumbled on your problem as I was searching for a solution of my own... and then accidentally found the answer while trying to fix another update-related glitch.
    The lock icon isn't gone, it was just deemed 'unnecessary' I suppose.
    If you want it back -- as well as other icons that you may be missing -- go into:
    Options>Screen/Keyboard
    Then scroll down all the way to "Menu" and change "short menu" to "full menu"
    That will bring our dear keyboard lock icon back front and centre!
    Good luck!
    03-23-10 02:00 AM
    Like everyone else said, from what I've read in other threads the standby mode and key lock are combined in OS 5.0 so when you press the mute key or * key, the phone enters standby mode. Haven't upgraded yet myself so I can't confirm this.
    03-23-10 03:10 PM
    Hey there,
    I stumbled on your problem as I was searching for a solution of my own... and then accidentally found the answer while trying to fix another update-related glitch.
    If you want it back -- as well as other icons that you may be missing -- go into:
    Options>Screen/Keyboard
    Good luck!
    Still does the exact same thing when I tried this. But I never lock mine anyway, so it doesn't bother me. Just thought I'd try this to see if it worked.
    03-23-10 03:15 PM
    Hey there,
    Options>Screen/Keyboard
    Good luck!
    This does not bring back the lock icon on 5.0 OS.
    03-23-10 03:33 PM
    Hi, new to forum. Don't know how you all do the quote thing and such, so please bear with me (I also don't know where to put all the OS info I use).
    Last week I updated to 5.0.0.979, my phone (BB Bold 9700) froze for over 24 hours. Called my carrier, they put me thru to BB. They did a master reset, and then I noticed my lock icon was gone.
    I see that I can password my phone, but what a hassle. I just liked hitting the lock icon, and presto! I also noticed that they took away my ability to share photos instantly on Facebook and Myspace and probably my other social networks.
    Used to be, I took a photo, pressed menu, chose 'share/send' and it would give me the choices of send to Facebook, Myspace, MMS, or email. Now it only gives me MMS and email.
    Why can they decide to take that away? I used to love my phone, had absolutely NO problems with it, have had it almost a year, and after this update, I do not like my phone any more.
    11-15-10 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD