Since you look at your BB so many times a day. I stopped wearing a watch & I don't miss it.
    03-07-10 10:05 PM
    My first dumb phone replaced my watch back in the nineties.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 10:51 PM
    i have a watch,,but sometomes i pick up ma BB 2 look at the time,,ill forget that the watch is on ma wrist - -*
    03-07-10 11:45 PM
    Reasonable question, it's something I've been observing this over the past few years. You should put a poll up on your thread (seriously)!

Personally, it baffles me when I see someone pull their phone out to get the time. I still wear a watch and when I want to know the time, a flick of the wrist is far quicker/easier, than pulling my phone out of the holster or pocket.
    03-07-10 11:50 PM
    I must admit to doing away with the watch when I first switched to bb's but some months down the line I started to miss the time piece and now wear one again.

It was good not having to have a watch on your arm all the time but got frustrating trying to dig the phone out of a pocket whilst sat down, or worse still tring to get the keypad lock off and tell the time whilst driving (not permitted to handle or use phone whilst driving in the uk).

Think ill just stick to wearing one for now.

03-08-10 12:03 AM
    My watch broke a couple days ago and is being repaired in the shop. I feel naked without it. Most of the time I look at my phone I dont even notice the time. I find myself now pulling the phone out twice. The first time intending to check the time and seeing something and responding to it. The second time to actually see what time it is. In my case I dont see a phone taking the place of my watch.
    03-08-10 03:46 AM
    I've never been a watch person. I've had a cell for about 6 years now so I'm used to just checking that.
    03-08-10 01:04 PM
    I've never been a watch person. I've had a cell for about 6 years now so I'm used to just checking that.
    I just started do do that & I love it. I look at my BB display so many time a day anyway.
    03-08-10 01:12 PM
    I don't think I could EVER be w/o a watch. I've worn watches as long as I can remember, even down to a pink & purple plastic watch I had when I was no older than 7. Heck, it may have even been a Timex watch, which is what I've worn for several years.
    03-08-10 01:26 PM
    Wow...Timex still makes watches? I suspect you're a lot younger than me, but I remember, as a kid, seeing the original ads on TV with Cameron Swayze attaching the watch to the prop of an outboard motor, then submerging it and cranking it up to high speed for a few moments then pulling it up and showing that it "keeps on ticking." I wanted one BAD....and the folks got me one for my birthday, I was thrilled..especially when I got to take it in the bath with me. Still, I think I'm VERY glad it was NOT "pink and purple" I'm a Seiko man today...they look great and last forever (and no battery)!

I don't think I could EVER be w/o a watch. I've worn watches as long as I can remember, even down to a pink & purple plastic watch I had when I was no older than 7. Heck, it may have even been a Timex watch, which is what I've worn for several years.
    03-08-10 06:06 PM
    I am also someone who always wears a watch-Casio G-shock Mudman. And why would my BB replace my watch since RIM believes that I don't need to know the time when I am using the internet. No time on top of the browser? Lame.

03-08-10 06:14 PM
    well I am a mechanic so I do not wear a watch because it could get caught on something that I am working on. When Im not at work, I use my BB to check the time.
    03-08-10 06:21 PM
    I feel naked without my watch. I have even gone back home on my way to work(If I'm not to far)to get my watch. I rarely ever use my BB to check the time. If I could I would even consider deleting it from my home screen. Is this even possible?
    03-08-10 07:08 PM
    No. I carry an antique railroad standard pocket watch.
    03-08-10 07:33 PM
    LOL! It didnt replace my watch but my S2 replace my alarm clock on my night stand. Moved it to my man room.......
    03-08-10 07:44 PM
    I was listening to a podcast where a kid was asked the time pulled out his iphone and got it snatched. lost a $600 cell phone when he could have just looked at a $20 wrist watch. I wear a watch and always will.
    03-08-10 07:57 PM
    I downloaded the binaryClock by Phrehnck (free) and love it. Takes a while to learn how to read and still not fast enough to read the seconds, but it sure draws a crowd.

Free binary clock by Phrehnck
    03-08-10 08:07 PM
    No. I still wear a watch, mainly for show. The stainless steel looks nice on my wrist. But most of the time I check my blackberry for the time, forgetting I'm even wearing a watch.
    03-08-10 09:20 PM
    every phone that i've had ultimately replaced my watch; however i would still wear thee watch as long as it looks good haha
    03-10-10 06:20 PM
    Unfortunately, I would have liked to see more people respond to this thread, I was rather curious as to the results. I ran across this article this morning though, which gives some interesting insight into this very subject.

MSNBC.com had an article this morning, reporting on a survey from Stanford University. The survey was taken by 200 students using iPhones (ugh). 85% of the respondents stated they use their iPhone as their watch!!! (Wow...I really do think this is an age related thing). 89% used their phone as their bedside clock and alarm (I've never used my Berry as an alarm...maybe one day, lol).

You can read the full article here:
    iPhone can be addicting, says new survey - Wireless- msnbc.com
    03-11-10 11:00 AM
    No watch for me. I like to travel as lightly as possible: no jewelry, no bag, no watch...just my wallet, keys and phone. Watches look great and all, but I like having the time synced with network time and not have to worry about adjusting it for daylight savings, etc...

03-11-10 03:09 PM
    Understood, though today's watches are pretty darn accurate. As for daylight savings, that's but twice a year, so no biggie.

I'm still convinced this is more of an age thing. The younger generation is growing up with mobile phones. Us old fa**ts did not and watches became as much a part of our anatomy as today's mobile phones are for the younger crowd. How often do we see people out walking around, carrying their mobile in their hand? That always amazes me.....I'd be paranoid if it wasn't securely attached to my hip or, at the very least, in my pocket (and even the pocket makes me shudder)!

No watch for me. I like to travel as lightly as possible: no jewelry, no bag, no watch...just my wallet, keys and phone. Watches look great and all, but I like having the time synced with network time and not have to worry about adjusting it for daylight savings, etc...

Last edited by EnergyPlus; 03-11-10 at 03:46 PM.
    03-11-10 03:21 PM
    i love watches so... No
    03-11-10 03:27 PM
    Unfortunately, I would have liked to see more people respond to this thread, I was rather curious as to the results. I ran across this article this morning though, which gives some interesting insight into this very subject.

MSNBC.com had an article this morning, reporting on a survey from Stanford University. The survey was taken by 200 students using iPhones (ugh). 85% of the respondents stated they use their iPhone as their watch!!! (Wow...I really do think this is an age related thing). 89% used their phone as their bedside clock and alarm (I've never used my Berry as an alarm...maybe one day, lol).

You can read the full article here:
    iPhone can be addicting, says new survey - Wireless- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35768107/ns/technology_and_science-wireless/)
    I do use my Berry as my alarm clock. The charging pod works great for that purpose. However, I still carry mechanical pocket watches that are 75-110 years old.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-11-10 11:08 PM
    BB has replaced my watch and my bedroom clock. I am an old geezer too at 51.

03-11-10 11:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD