I'm always finding something wrong when I'm playing with my storm.. Either I lose my emails, can't mms, can't play songs, etc... I always have to be near a comp so I can either resend my service books, or reload att's service books through desktop manager. Is there anyway to permanently load these data so the storm will longer be such a hassle. I like playing with the 9550 and do not want to go back to the 9000.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 03:29 PM
    Part of the reason why it isaso high maintance is that the Storm2 is not designed to work on Att. Yes, it can be unlocked but that is a feature out in place to use world carrier Sim cards. Sorry to hear that, but nothing beats a phone that is branded att.

03-07-10 04:21 PM
    Part of the reason why it isaso high maintance is that the Storm2 is not designed to work on Att. Yes, it can be unlocked but that is a feature out in place to use world carrier Sim cards. Sorry to hear that, but nothing beats a phone that is branded att.

Yeah I know I love att. My 9000 was breaking down and I found a decent priced unlocked storm2. I knew I'd have issues but I didn't know itd be everyday. the storm2 is a sick device. Much than than storm1

03-07-10 04:43 PM
    It's a great device. I don't know if I can part with it. But again since att won't offer support on a device that isn't theirs, you are sol.

I would sell it, you can fetch close to 400 on eBay foo an unlocked Storm2 and pick yourself up a 9700.

03-07-10 07:24 PM
    I have an unlocked storm 2 also. I love the phone. But it does act a but wonky at times which sucks sometimes but I still love it. I guess if you like it that much your just gonna have to live with it.
    03-07-10 07:29 PM
    Man, I was hoping to get a Storm 2 to unlock on ATT, also coming from a Bold 9000. I planned to keep the Bold and use both as I wish.

What are everyone else results on ATT?
    03-08-10 01:20 AM
    I have an unlocked storm 2 on AT&T and its been great! I don't have any of the issues that I did with the storm 1 on AT&T. All the bugs are gone. As soon as I put my Sim card in, it recognized the network. All I had to do was call AT&T to have my pin no and IMEI no changed and they resent my browser service books. Been flying from there. In fact, some apps like Where is actually working now and can locate me via GPS where before with the Storm 1, I had to manually locate me. This definitely rocks! Updated OS to the ...451 and it was so painless and easy!

03-08-10 08:33 AM
    I did buy the phone used so maybe that could he causing some issues.. The previous owner only used it for a few days but on the phone screen it says my number is the previous owners number..

03-08-10 09:12 AM
    Once unlocked and all Service Books loaded, it should run same as any other AT&T Blackberry.
    03-08-10 09:55 AM
    Mine is used to. Doesn't matter new or used...as long as its unlocked, it should work. You can change the phone number displayed on theyphone. That is easy to do. Of you need some help let me know.

03-08-10 03:20 PM
    Mine is used to. Doesn't matter new or used...as long as its unlocked, it should work. You can change the phone number displayed on theyphone. That is easy to do. Of you need some help let me know.

Well....I love the phone but today all my at@t service books disappeared. I can't get email either. At@t has been less than helpful. One woman was, so I'm callin them again and find out why I am having such problems. I'll keep u up dated tonight.
    03-08-10 04:13 PM
    I have an unlocked storm 2 also. I love the phone. But it does act a but wonky at times which sucks sometimes but I still love it. I guess if you like it that much your just gonna have to live with it.
    Canadian student !!!! half pass is RIGHT ON. Call att and let them set it up from there. The lady I talked to was GREAT. Make sure you get the blackberry plan. That's where my problem was. This SCREAMS now. Also a few of my numbers were added wrong (PIN & IMEI). I soooooooo happy!!!!
    03-08-10 04:46 PM
    It really rocks! The storm 2 is so great on AT&T that it really doesn't matter about the 3G crap. You will find that you don't miss it once you link on wifi connection...smokes without worrying about too many on cell phone networks and dropping off. Our GPS works under AT&T without having to pay for it....now who rocks?

03-08-10 06:00 PM
    LOL....you da man!!!!
    03-09-10 08:29 AM
    Need help with my storm2, it is unlocked and we are trying to use on att. We can send and receive text messages but can not call or receive phone calls...the error message is "congestion"...we got a new sim card but it did not help.
    03-09-10 10:03 PM
    Need help with my storm2, it is unlocked and we are trying to use on att. We can send and receive text messages but can not call or receive phone calls...the error message is "congestion"...we got a new sim card but it did not help.
    Hmmm...not sure about that. Other berry spec. will have to answer that. If all else fails give att a call. They worked great with my prob.
    03-10-10 12:06 AM

How do u change your phone number? my phone still says the original owner's number and every time i reset the phone i still have to reload all the service plans. I also did go through ATT to add the IMEI but i went to att's BIS site to add my PIN...
    03-10-10 09:49 AM
    How do u change your phone number? my phone still says the original owner's number and every time i reset the phone i still have to reload all the service plans. I also did go through ATT to add the IMEI but i went to att's BIS site to add my PIN...
    You mean the number displayed on the lock screen? If so, go to menu - options - owner - type your number under the information section.

03-10-10 11:08 AM
    You mean the number displayed on the lock screen? If so, go to menu - options - owner - type your number under the information section.

When I'm on a call or making a call the screen says my number is the original owners number.
    03-10-10 02:33 PM
    When I'm on a call or making a call the screen says my number is the original owners number.
    ##000000+send
    08-25-10 05:20 PM
    I have congestion issues with my BB 9550 too. I am not in US. Currently in India using Indian service provider (loopmobile.in) can I still get similar help on this? If yes, how do I go about it?
    09-29-11 09:11 AM
    congestion issues? what are the exact details we can probably help you out
    09-30-11 04:47 AM
    I don’t know if this will help. But make a back up of the phone using desktop manager. Then try wiping the handset, this will cause the service books to get re-downloaded. Otherwise you can always resell it, and buy something different. Unlocked phones definitely increase the resale value.
    Last edited by unlockcellpro; 09-30-11 at 06:42 AM.
    09-30-11 06:39 AM
    You can try wiping your device and seeing if it downloads it permanently.
    10-02-11 09:31 AM
    Can be changed with a software.
    10-03-11 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD