I know we just got .509 over a week ago, but who doesn't love a new OS?
    03-07-10 08:59 AM
    Im still @ .411 because its working great and the standby button issues in the new OS is not worth the upgrade IMO. But hopefully the next leak fixes all that and I can upgrade.
    03-07-10 01:16 PM
    I cant wait :P.
    I hope the battery will last longer than .509... This OS has a bad battery for some reason
    03-07-10 01:44 PM
    Im still @ .411 because its working great and the standby button issues in the new OS is not worth the upgrade IMO. But hopefully the next leak fixes all that and I can upgrade.
    I hate to break it to you but the new lock/standby setup is not an "issue" - it is there by design. Every subsequent OS will have it. It's actually an improvement (saving battery life by combining lock and standby), and once you get used to it it's pretty great.
    03-07-10 05:25 PM
    I hate to break it to you but the new lock/standby setup is not an "issue" - it is there by design. Every subsequent OS will have it. It's actually an improvement (saving battery life by combining lock and standby), and once you get used to it it's pretty great.
    I read that the standby is not really working and thats why people are not having good battery life. Do you have good battery life? That is the only thing keeping me from upgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 05:36 PM
    I read that the standby is not really working and thats why people are not having good battery life. Do you have good battery life? That is the only thing keeping me from upgrading.

I'm getting great battery life. It's not that the standby it's working, it's that the lock and standby buttons were merged into a single button, and when you hit that single button it locks the phone AND puts it in standby.
    03-07-10 06:57 PM
    i thought it was a flaw in the design but i suppose that type of thing is easly fixed.what about a hybrid (ive never used hybrid but cant actualy find one)
    03-08-10 11:15 AM
    Yes, this is what I am seeing on .509. Standby does not work at all. The only way I can make the phone go into Standby mode is to use the magnetic pouch and then my phone goes into Holser sleep mode which is very similar to Standby.

I really hope that we are seeing a bug in .509 and that the Standby button will be reinstated in subsequent versions.
    03-08-10 12:13 PM
    Yes, this is what I am seeing on .509. Standby does not work at all. The only way I can make the phone go into Standby mode is to use the magnetic pouch and then my phone goes into Holser sleep mode which is very similar to Standby.

I really hope that we are seeing a bug in .509 and that the Standby button will be reinstated in subsequent versions.
    I guess I will wait to upgrade. Thanks for clearing that up.

03-08-10 12:17 PM
    Well, had to try it out for myself and standby is definitely not implemented...all the number buttons light up the screen when pressed, so if you carry the phone in your pocket you will more than likely drain your battery a lot faster. I'll play with it for a while to see how battery life is compared to .411.
    03-08-10 05:30 PM
    hold the key lock and press L (its tempermental but you will get the hang of it, i just worked it out)
    03-08-10 08:42 PM
    9700's got a leak today... maybe tomorrow we'll have another 'Leaky Friday'? I hope!
    03-10-10 10:47 AM
    hold the key lock and press L (its tempermental but you will get the hang of it, i just worked it out)
    What does this do for you? it does nothing on my 8900
    03-10-10 10:57 AM
    What does this do for you? it does nothing on my 8900
    it locks my phone,dont know why its not working on yours i have downgraded now so i cant even try again to see if it was a fluke.
    03-12-10 09:46 PM
    it locks my phone,dont know why its not working on yours i have downgraded now so i cant even try again to see if it was a fluke.
    The lock button locks my phone too. Holding the "L" button is what confused me. i'm staying with .509, i'm too lazy too downgrade, and the only downside is that battery life is not as good as in .411.

03-12-10 09:56 PM
    For anybody who continues to think that the standby button is a "bug" and is waiting for another leak, think again. It is not a bug. It has been officially announced by RIM that the standby and lock functions are combined. All 5.0 versions from here on out will have the combined lock/standby.
    03-12-10 11:29 PM
    For anybody who continues to think that the standby button is a "bug" and is waiting for another leak, think again. It is not a bug. It has been officially announced by RIM that the standby and lock functions are combined. All 5.0 versions from here on out will have the combined lock/standby.
    I must have missed the announcement. Can you point me to the link please. It will make a good blog on the front page of CrackBerry.

Actually I do not mind them combining the two functions provided that this is what they really do. I am not currently seeing Stabdby mode at all on .509. When I press Lock, it just locks the keys. There does not seem to be any battery saving. That's why I'd like to see the announcement link.
    03-13-10 08:36 AM
    I must have missed the announcement. Can you point me to the link please. It will make a good blog on the front page of CrackBerry.

Actually I do not mind them combining the two functions provided that this is what they really do. I am not currently seeing Stabdby mode at all on .509. When I press Lock, it just locks the keys. There does not seem to be any battery saving. That's why I'd like to see the announcement link.
    I actually got it from CrackBerry! :P

Is Your Mute Key No Longer Working For Stand By Mode? | CrackBerry.com
    03-14-10 02:22 PM
    Outstanding. Thanks a lot for the update, man. I apprecaiate it. Duh. I should read the blogs more.
    03-15-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD