I hope this is the correct forum and that I am not duplicating a thread that is already here about this issue (I did look, I promise)....

Here's my issue. I dl'd Kindle for Blackberry. It works great..bought three books and they look great! However, I saw the blog here with links to free books for Kindle. My only question: how on earth do I get those free books from the website to the Kindle app on my Blackberry. I just cannot seem to figure out what to do.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
    03-06-10 09:50 PM
    You can do it two ways...

From the website, purchase the book and choose Kindle for the method of delivery. After you complete the checkout, start the Kindle app on your BB and it will automatically download the new book.

Or an easier way, just search for the book by title from the Kindle app on your BB. Hit the Menu button, and choose Shop in Kindle Store.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
    03-06-10 10:04 PM
    Thanks, edgewise, but I was talking about free books for Kindle that are on websites. I got the links to two sites from here in another thread. I just don't know how to get them onto my Blackberry after I download them.

Thanks, anyway.
    03-06-10 10:46 PM
    OH, sorry.... I thought you meant directly from Amazon's website.

I don't have an answer for that one... I think I'll keep watching this thread in case someone else knows.
    03-06-10 11:12 PM
    If the file type is .mobi (only ones I've downloaded) then download them directly into the ebook folder within the Kindle folder. It should sync automatically when you open Kindle. I believe .prc works too but .mobi is my go to file type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 12:40 AM
    See, that's the thing..I can't find the Kindle folder on my Blackberry. When I plugged the BB into my pc via USB, it only seems to see the folders on the media card. When I take the media card out of the phone and plug it in, the pc sees no folders at all. I just can't understand why I can't see the Kindle folder.

But, I do thank you, anyway, for your help.
    03-07-10 01:11 PM
    The kindle folder on mine is in the root directory on the SD card. You may either have to create the folder yourself, or download something from kindle store for the app to create the directory. There are plenty of free books in the kindle store you could get then delete.

03-07-10 03:47 PM
    On mine kindle folder is also in the root dir of the Media Card.

Also I use "manybooks" as one of my go to websites for open domain books. You can follow them on twitter at @manybooks. They tweet whenever they load new books (or most of the time).

03-07-10 04:14 PM
    Well, I'm sorry I'm just getting back here. I got so frustrated....I'm a total newbie with my Blackberry and am still having fun feeling my way around.

I guess I was under the impression that Kindle had been downloaded directly onto the phone's memory, not the SD card. However, I solved my own problem: I had been only using my BB with my laptop which has Vista on it. The laptop sees the SD card, but not the Kindle folder.

So, I loaded Desktop Manager to my desktop which has Windows 7 on it...connected my BB...and voila....there is the Kindle folder! How strange is that? I downloaded a book from freekindlebooks.org, put it into my Kindle ebooks folder and there it was!

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I suppose that it's just a Windows Vista problem, but I don't know what it is. Maybe I'll put 7 on the laptop to make things easier for myself.
    03-09-10 08:54 AM
    I put my own ebooks, after converting to .mobi format, on my BB Tour. Works great. Haven't figured out how to synch with the Kindle for PC app though. Anyone??
    04-25-10 04:53 PM
    I have toyed around with the Kindle app sans Kindle and liked it. Getting a Kindle II for my birthday next month! Can't wait.
    04-26-10 01:04 PM
    I put my own ebooks, after converting to .mobi format, on my BB Tour. Works great. Haven't figured out how to synch with the Kindle for PC app though. Anyone??
    Synchronization between the Kindle apps only works with ebooks obtained through Amazon. You are actually synchronizing your reader with the Amazon website. It wouldn't know about ebooks obtained elsewhere.

If I remember correctly, the MobiPocket Reader software does sync between BB and PC versions. You wouldn't be able to do it with the Kindle software, but having the MobiPocket Reader software might work for non-amazon ebooks.
    04-26-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD