The dude that first found this workaround, is apparently trying to charge people $20 to use his font. IMO, thats just silly.

If you are interested in putting an active 3G logo in your themes, without leaving the CDMA (vzw and sprint) folks out, simply install this font on your computer, and select it as the 'Network' font in BB theme builder. (the font will be called "3G3G" in the font drop-down list.

PS: I know for a fact, the dude that first came up with the idea will post in his thread to the extent of "this guy 'hacked' my theme and stole this font. I have it copy-written blah blah" So just be ready for that. Also, let me assure you, I hand compiled this font myself, and I'm offering it up free to use in your themes, as long as your themes are free. Dont let me catch you selling it.

Enjoy guys!

Download Here
    03-06-10 03:00 PM
    The dude that first found this workaround, is apparently trying to charge people $20 to use his font. IMO, thats just silly.

If you are interested in putting an active 3G logo in your themes, without leaving the CDMA (vzw and sprint) folks out, simply install this font on your computer, and select it as the 'Network' font in BB theme builder. (the font will be called "3G3G" in the font drop-down list.

PS: I know for a fact, the dude that first came up with the idea will post in his thread to the extent of "this guy 'hacked' my theme and stole this font. I have it copy-written blah blah" So just be ready for that. Also, let me assure you, I hand compiled this font myself, and I'm offering it up free to use in your themes, as long as your themes are free. Dont let me catch you selling it.

Enjoy guys!

Download Here
    Wow you start a thread to flame ME the originator of the 3G logo theme after you said "FWIW I decompiled your theme" AKA hacked my theme and then you give it away for free???

I like how this guy completely ignores all of the questions asking about how its done. At least say 'I'd like to keep it a secret for now'. Say something meaningful instead of ignoring the folks that are interested.

FWIW, I decompiled your COD files.
    Last edited by JPatterson350; 03-11-10 at 09:53 PM.
    03-06-10 03:31 PM
    Wow you start a thread to flame ME the originator of the 3G logo theme after you said "FWIW I decompiled your theme" AKA hacked my theme and then you give it away for free???

Look out Carma is a bit*h and you certianly have yours coming.
    Told ya! Enjoy the FREE font guys...
    03-06-10 03:34 PM
    he didnt hack your theme JP! dont be arrogant, there are many ways to do something. theme making is supposed to be a fun thing people do on their spare time, dont ruin it..and i thought u were cool, but next time, dont try to charge me $20!

**Thanks Deficitism, u r an amazing person/theme maker, keep up the good work***
    03-06-10 03:37 PM
    he didnt hack your theme JP! dont be arrogant, there are many ways to do something. theme making is supposed to be a fun thing people do on their spare time, dont ruin it..and i thought u were cool, but next time, dont try to charge me $20!

**Thanks Deficitism, u r an amazing person/theme maker, keep up the good work***
    Thanks bro. I'm with you 100%. I have no regrets about 're-discovering' it. Otherwise, someone would have code-hoarded it forever. He probably would have charged more than $20 too.

Heres the deal. Knowledge is free. That is all.

PS the font took me under 10 minutes to build. IMO, 10 minutes is not worth $20. If it were, we'd all be rich.
    03-06-10 03:48 PM
    hey can u send me it man i wanna make oem theme for free with the 3g icon
    03-06-10 06:04 PM
    Link is in the OP bro.
    03-06-10 06:05 PM
    Haha i just saw man Thanks Great work thanks for sharing
    03-06-10 06:11 PM
    Thanks for sharing
    03-06-10 07:48 PM
    Thanks for the font, 20 is wayyy to steep. Take care...
    03-06-10 10:17 PM
    I downloaded it but its not in the drop down menu... how do you get it in there?
    03-07-10 01:21 AM
    Thanks bro. I'm with you 100%. I have no regrets about 're-discovering' it. Otherwise, someone would have code-hoarded it forever. He probably would have charged more than $20 too.

Heres the deal. Knowledge is free. That is all.

PS the font took me under 10 minutes to build. IMO, 10 minutes is not worth $20. If it were, we'd all be rich.
    Deficitism you will never become anything by hacking. You said yourself you decompiled my theme. You hacked my theme stole my font then had the guts to use it in your premium themes now your creating posts as if your some know it all. Maybe you should create a post about hacking themes so everyone else can have everything free instead of paying for it.

Please take a second to consider when you download this hacked version of my creation you undercut me and my business.

Honesty I'm speechless....
    03-07-10 02:01 AM
    If anyone wants to by the official version that I created please PM me.
    03-07-10 02:02 AM
    Deficitism you will never become anything by hacking. You said yourself you decompiled my theme. You hacked my theme stole my font then had the guts to use it in your premium themes now your creating posts as if your some know it all. Maybe you should create a post about hacking themes so everyone else can have everything free instead of paying for it.

Please take a second to consider when you download this hacked version of my creation you undercut me and my business.

Honesty I'm speechless....
    wahhhhh!! bitter much?

Why don't you download it and investigate James? Its got GUIDS, copyright data embedded, unique hash values, etc... Compare these unique values to your font. Lets bring it to court. chump.

I warned that this guy would come in and spam with his waaambulance.

Lets keep this on topic.
    03-07-10 07:12 AM
    How do I get this font into it?
    03-07-10 02:10 PM
    to load the font into your pc, then place the font file in the `fonts` folder on your pc, its gonna be summat like c:\windows\fonts to find it on ya pc, when its placed into that folder, that makes it available for all programs to use.

id like to add thats for any font, not just the one in question here (which i have not used either versions of)
    03-07-10 04:55 PM
    Thank you!!!!
    03-07-10 05:10 PM
    Or just right click on the font file and select "install"
    03-07-10 05:18 PM
    Thanks! This was implemented into one of the themes I like and it is nice that this can be used in others now. Thanks for making this available for free. No reason to pay $20 to add something to a free theme. I looked @ the theme and it seems that "1" is now "3" "X" is now "G" and "e" is blank and "v" is the BB logo. Excellent, ingenious method of doing this.

@JPatterson350 Just stop trying to sell something that can be had for free. I don't think you can copyright something like this and RIM would be on your a*s for doing it too.
    Last edited by ipodtouch1234; 03-11-10 at 04:51 PM.
    03-11-10 04:40 PM
    Thanks for sharing
    The 3G logo would look good on your latest creation...
    03-11-10 04:51 PM
    lol Patterson yea i want to pay for something that is already free... Nice work deficitism its very cool and nice of you to give back to the community
    03-11-10 07:24 PM
    wahhhhh!! bitter much?

Why don't you download it and investigate James? Its got GUIDS, copyright data embedded, unique hash values, etc... Compare these unique values to your font. Lets bring it to court. chump.

I warned that this guy would come in and spam with his waaambulance.

Lets keep this on topic.

Whats up with the name calling is that because you have noting to say? You failed to note the below in your OP
    Originally Posted by deficitism
    I like how this guy completely ignores all of the questions asking about how its done. At least say 'I'd like to keep it a secret for now'. Say something meaningful instead of ignoring the folks that are interested.

FWIW, I decompiled your COD files.
    Last edited by JPatterson350; 03-11-10 at 09:49 PM.
    03-11-10 08:50 PM
    lol Patterson yea i want to pay for something that is already free... Nice work deficitism its very cool and nice of you to give back to the community
    I just hope he doesn't decompile your creations and then turn around and offer them for free. I sure hope this doesn't happen to anyone in these forums its honesty really disheartening to have someone decompile your hard work after you work for weeks to develop something new.
    03-11-10 08:53 PM
    I just hope he doesn't decompile your creations and then turn around and offer them for free. I sure hope this doesn't happen to anyone in these forums its honesty really disheartening to have someone decompile your hard work after you work for weeks to develop something new.
    Once I looked at the font file, I thought to myself, "wow, that is an easy way to fix that. Why didn't I think of that?" How did it take weeks for you to make a "1" a "3", "x" a "g", and a "v" as a text based bb logo? Prove to us that it is yours.
    03-11-10 09:24 PM
    Once I looked at the font file, I thought to myself, "wow, that is an easy way to fix that. Why didn't I think of that?" How did it take weeks for you to make a "1" a "3", "x" a "g", and a "v" as a text based bb logo?
    I guess the only answer to that is in your original post. "AFTER I LOOKED AT THE FONT FILE" I didn't have a font file to look at, furthermore I had to even think of the idea to create a font. Its just sad that everyone in this thread likes to put the me on blast instead of putting yourself in my shoes. I understand the idea of not paying if you can have it free thus torrents and hacking would be obsolete but it just really sucks when it happens to your own hard work and then people have the nerve to flame you for standing up for yourself.
    03-11-10 09:31 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD