My wife and I recently both got 8530's. While I recieve Facebook notifications, she doesn't. I've checked the settings on the PC version. I've re-installed the FB app on her phone. She doesn't get notifications on her BB home page, and in the BB FB app the only notifications listed are the things she has done, not anything else. Still no luck. I can't seem to find any settings that are different between our phones. Any help would be great.
    03-06-10 10:11 AM
    My wife and I recently both got 8530's. While I recieve Facebook notifications, she doesn't. I've checked the settings on the PC version. I've re-installed the FB app on her phone. She doesn't get notifications on her BB home page, and in the BB FB app the only notifications listed are the things she has done, not anything else. Still no luck. I can't seem to find any settings that are different between our phones. Any help would be great.
    Have you gone into options in the fb app and made sure that the 'Blackberry message application' box is ticked?
    A battery pull or soft reset may help as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 12:04 PM
    Hey I will be watching this thread closely as I'm having the same problem, when we first got our bb 8520 's mine was receiving notifications and my wife's wasn't, then one day hers started getting them and mine stopped, I have no idea why this happened I even checked that she hadent swapped of phone lol just to be on the safe side so any info on this question would be hugely appreciated :-)

03-06-10 12:22 PM
    I found some good solutions here: Facebook Apps, Problems and Solutions...!!! | Facebook

But it turned out her hotmail account was blocking the notifications as spam, thus they weren't getting to her phone. Talk about a wild goose chase.
    03-06-10 08:54 PM
    eh, yeah i have the same problem. i basically just use that app for updating my status and uploading photos. i think it has something related to not allowing facebook to send you emails to your phone. i think that's how it updates through the app.

i would get tons of emails from facebook and it kept getting reset if i logged into the app. so i changed my email and had them direct to the trash of that email. i haven't gotten facebook updates to the app since.

RIM just needs to update the app. this is ridiculous. (lol @ us complaining about a facebook app)
    03-06-10 10:20 PM
    If you dont have the e-mail you use for facebook activated on your device you wont get updates. At least when i deleted my gmail from my storm i stopped getting updates. Reinstalled gmail and it was back to normal!
    03-06-10 10:46 PM
    This is rather annoying. There are several posts out there on this topic, I was hoping to find something new and/or helpful here. Seems as if this app just doesn't play well with the 8520. I have tried 3 different release versions of the fb app and all are flawed. ARGHH!
    03-07-10 02:08 PM
    IS the e-mail account your FB account is with setup on your phone?

You will not recieve notifications if it isn't.
    03-07-10 02:42 PM
    IS the e-mail account your FB account is with setup on your phone?

You will not recieve notifications if it isn't.
    Yes, at least for me. I know I have already gone through all the trouble shooting steps and as many others have found the app is bugged

03-07-10 03:41 PM
    eh, yeah i have the same problem. i basically just use that app for updating my status and uploading photos. i think it has something related to not allowing facebook to send you emails to your phone. i think that's how it updates through the app.

i would get tons of emails from facebook and it kept getting reset if i logged into the app. so i changed my email and had them direct to the trash of that email. i haven't gotten facebook updates to the app since.

RIM just needs to update the app. this is ridiculous. (lol @ us complaining about a facebook app)
    This is not a RIM issue, this is a Facebook issue as they are the ones who developed the app.
    03-07-10 06:05 PM
    I had the FB app on my Pearl Flip and it worked fine. However, that was about 3 months ago. I don't use FB anymore.

Do you have the newest OS running on your phone?

Does anyone know if the new FB app is compatible with that?
    03-07-10 06:08 PM
    I had the FB app on my Pearl Flip and it worked fine. However, that was about 3 months ago. I don't use FB anymore.

Do you have the newest OS running on your phone?

Does anyone know if the new FB app is compatible with that?
    By "that" if you mean the latest BB OS, then yes. FB 1.6.0.22 was the first to be "compatible", although most people say buggy, just like the latest 1.7.0.22.
    03-07-10 07:41 PM
    Thanks for the info.

03-07-10 08:23 PM
    ok, so... the reason i changed my facebook email to a DIFFERENT email was because i kept getting a superton of emails from facebook and the preferences kept reseting whenever i opened the facebook app.

never ending battle.
    03-07-10 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD