Carriers Getting New Screen Improved BlackBerry Storm2 - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

For some of you BlackBerry Storm2 owners, the touchscreen experience may not always be so great. From personal experience I can say that my Storm2 will not always 'click' when it's supposed to. Luckily for us, RIM is taking the necessary steps to correct this problem. We first heard rumor about the changes from BerryScoop, who couldn't quite confirm it, until they received a copy of an internal e-mail. We also have a VZW ninja who added a bit more info as to what is happening, and how this is a world-wide "recall".

Overview:
    VZW has approved a hardware change to the Blackberry Storm 2 (BB9550) devices to improve the touchpad performance.

Resolution:
    RIM has added silicone actuators to the touchpad to improve touchpad performance and tactile response. All New and Certified Like-New Replacement devices produced by RIM starting on February 10, 2010 contain the new hardware enhancement. Devices can be identified by the Green dot on the master carton and/or date code on the back of the device. (See below for details)
    Action:
    Customers experiencing touchpad performance issues, provided all other warranty/eligibility requirements are met, can be provided a Certified Like-New Replacement.
    Identifying Devices by Date Code
    The date code is located on the label in the battery cavity of the device as shown in the red circle below for either 3 or 6 digit date codes.
    The following 3 digit date codes contain the new hardware changes:
    C2A, D2A, E2A, F2A, G2A, H2A, I2A, J2A, K2A, L2A, M2A and N2A.
    Starting on February 22, 2010 or later the date code is displayed on the device label in DDMMYY format (220210).
    All devices with the above 3 digit date codes or 6 digit date codes contain the new hardware changes.
    Location of Date Code on Label in Battery Cavity in Red Circle

It will be interesting to see how the other carriers implement this change. Will you be replacing your Storm2? Just remember, threaten to switch to AT&T if they won't give you the replacement device...that will get them!
    03-05-10 09:09 AM
    How can I get my replacement? Can I just visit a VZW store???? What should be my talking points to the VZW rep in order for this to be a smooth transaction?

Thank you--
    03-05-10 10:09 AM
    i just called them yesterday and told them i am still having bottom button issues (mainly left side-call/bb buttons) and they said i could come in to get a replacement. while this is only an issue on OS .320 for me, i figure why not go get a brand new handset if they are offering one. it doesn't cost VZW anything since RIM is eating the cost on this one so there is no reason the big red store should hassle you. i will update when i get back with my new phone!
    03-05-10 10:22 AM
    So did anyone get their new phone yet? Mine will be here Tue.
    03-05-10 10:30 AM
    Dude there is already a huge post about this. Read up on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 10:50 AM
    Sorry. I thought I did read this post and respond. I didn't make this post. thanks though.
    03-05-10 11:06 AM
    There is another post in this forum about it. Lots of people replying in that thread
    03-05-10 11:42 AM
    If I am still with-in my 30 replacement can I just exchange it for a new one or am I still going to get a replacement?
    03-05-10 11:48 AM
    Carriers Getting New Screen Improved BlackBerry Storm2 - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

For some of you BlackBerry Storm2 owners, the touchscreen experience may not always be so great. From personal experience I can say that my Storm2 will not always 'click' when it's supposed to. Luckily for us, RIM is taking the necessary steps to correct this problem. We first heard rumor about the changes from BerryScoop, who couldn't quite confirm it, until they received a copy of an internal e-mail. We also have a VZW ninja who added a bit more info as to what is happening, and how this is a world-wide "recall".

Overview:
    VZW has approved a hardware change to the Blackberry Storm 2 (BB9550) devices to improve the touchpad performance.

Resolution:
    RIM has added silicone actuators to the touchpad to improve touchpad performance and tactile response. All New and Certified Like-New Replacement devices produced by RIM starting on February 10, 2010 contain the new hardware enhancement. Devices can be identified by the Green dot on the master carton and/or date code on the back of the device. (See below for details)
    Action:
    Customers experiencing touchpad performance issues, provided all other warranty/eligibility requirements are met, can be provided a Certified Like-New Replacement.
    Identifying Devices by Date Code
    The date code is located on the label in the battery cavity of the device as shown in the red circle below for either 3 or 6 digit date codes.
    The following 3 digit date codes contain the new hardware changes:
    C2A, D2A, E2A, F2A, G2A, H2A, I2A, J2A, K2A, L2A, M2A and N2A.
    Starting on February 22, 2010 or later the date code is displayed on the device label in DDMMYY format (220210).
    All devices with the above 3 digit date codes or 6 digit date codes contain the new hardware changes.
    Location of Date Code on Label in Battery Cavity in Red Circle

It will be interesting to see how the other carriers implement this change. Will you be replacing your Storm2? Just remember, threaten to switch to AT&T if they won't give you the replacement device...that will get them!
    just got back from the VZ store. I showed them a printout of this message. The rep conferred with his manager who verified the info and the upshot is I will be getting a replacement phone via 2 day air. the store doesn't have any of the new storms in stock, so they will need to send them all back. i will let u know if the unit i receive on Monday has the proper date code and works well. stay tuned!
    03-05-10 12:06 PM
    I was wondering my replacement storm 2 screen felt different. I had it switched out within my 30 day guarantee.
    03-05-10 12:14 PM
    just got off the phone with VZW they are sending me 2 new phones...
    well sorry Certified Replacments... darn people with there fancy words for REFURBISHED... LOL
    03-05-10 12:15 PM
    There is another post about this, but it is disguised. The actual talk about it doesn't start until about page 2 or 3 and the subject is "S@2 owners! Don't get your hopes up BUT...". I didn't notice it until it was mentioned in here and I read the first page of that post. As long as one more person knows about this now, it was worth it to post it.
    03-05-10 12:26 PM
    I was wondering my replacement storm 2 screen felt different. I had it switched out within my 30 day guarantee.
    by "different" do you mean "better"?
    03-05-10 12:27 PM
    I called Verizon today and they said they don't hear that issue often but they see sending me a new one and will be here Monday

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 02:52 PM
    is there a different (read better) feeling on the new hardware when clicking the screen? or is it just long term reliability improvement?
    03-05-10 03:27 PM
    I also have a recertified replacement coming, called last nigth, I am having issues with my bottom buttons. Kind of nervous, hoping I do get an updated refurb with the hardware upgrades. Mine is 2 day aired today, so will get Monday.
    03-05-10 03:33 PM
    I did my replacement order yesterday. Its amazing how the techs had no clue about it until I mentioned crackberry.

And this is the 3rd device with known issues that verizon told me they had ZERO "known issues" reports about! hmmmm
    03-05-10 04:39 PM
    I did my replacement order yesterday. Its amazing how the techs had no clue about it until I mentioned crackberry.

And this is the 3rd device with known issues that verizon told me they had ZERO "known issues" reports about! hmmmm
    they are all programmed to say,"I've never heard of that problem". Right...
    03-05-10 04:44 PM
    I had a huge problem with the LG voyager rebooting out of nowhere and I did a quick search online and EVERYONE was having the same problem in multiple forums! Sure enough, CS and tech support told me this was the first they heard of it! I referred the techy to a forum and he said he was shocked... LOL yea right!
    03-05-10 04:56 PM
    My "new" phone will be here monday as well.
    03-05-10 05:02 PM
    Sweet -- Calling VZW tonight!
    Last edited by kbrosnihan; 03-05-10 at 08:25 PM.
    03-05-10 08:18 PM
    When are the retail stores going to get these updated phones in? I'm still w/in my 30 days.
    03-05-10 09:00 PM
    When are the retail stores going to get these updated phones in? I'm still w/in my 30 days.
    who knows? the store I went to in san jose didn't know squat. glad i took a copy of the info from the thread. the manager made some phone calls to verify the info and told the rep I was dealing with that they will need to send back all their stock of storm2's at some point. but as of this morning, they were clueless about it all.
    03-05-10 09:05 PM
    They told me that I couldn't believe everything I see on the internet. I tiold them when 30+ people say the same thing I believe them. They acted stupid until I argued and then they somehow knew all about it and are sending me two. They will be here on Tuesday.
    03-05-10 10:13 PM
    They told me that I couldn't believe everything I see on the internet. I tiold them when 30+ people say the same thing I believe them. They acted stupid until I argued and then they somehow knew all about it and are sending me two. They will be here on Tuesday.
    they should be fired!
    03-05-10 10:33 PM
358 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD