Anyone seen the update list? Didn't see the new features/fixes on the Bellshare site...yet. The download link is there though...

Bellshare - BerryWeather
    03-04-10 09:26 PM
    Apparently this is the reason for the update...

- Added support for 3rd party app access to BerryWeather data (Developers can find further information at www.bellshare.com • View topic - Tutorial: BerryWeather 3rd Party App Support)
    03-04-10 09:32 PM
    Well, besides mentioned generic 'bug fixes' they also mention 3rd party access to BW:

"We are excited to announce support for 3rd party app access to BerryWeather data in BerryWeather 2.2. This allows any developer to easily access BerryWeather's home location conditions via a simple interface to use in their own apps.

BerryWeather exports the data as a Hashtable stored in a RuntimeStore. The guid of the RuntimeStore is 0x7f0ad179383f30edL. The Hashtable will be empty if there is currently no data available (this will usually happen after boot before all locations have been updated)."
    03-04-10 09:36 PM
    Hmmm so I guess my gps setting probably still won't work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 09:40 PM
    I notice switching between locations is faster & smoother than before.

03-04-10 09:41 PM
    I notice switching between locations is faster & smoother than before.

With the new version? I had seen issues with BW in recent days with not finding local weather locations (which I guess could have been down).
    03-04-10 09:46 PM
    I just got my email from the App Store notifying of upgrade.
    Doing so now....
    03-04-10 09:56 PM
    yes we have added support for 3rd party apps and the first app with this new feature will be released tonight
    03-04-10 09:59 PM
    Hmmm so I guess my gps setting probably still won't work

I'm on wap so I can't see your device or carrier, but berryweather works perfectly with the gps on my vzw Tour.

03-04-10 10:07 PM
    I just got my email from the App Store notifying of upgrade.
    Doing so now....
    elite1,
    I received the same email but when I go to "My Account" and scroll down to the listing of the purchase BerryWeather, there's nothing to click to get the update.

Would you pls provide the steps to locate this in "My Account"

TIA

Nevermind, I finally figured it out.
    Tks anyway
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03-04-10 at 10:15 PM.
    03-04-10 10:10 PM
    elite1,
    I received the same email but when I go to "My Account" and scroll down to the listing of the purchase BerryWeather, there's nothing to click to get the update.

Would you pls provide the steps to locate this in "My Account"

TIA
    Click on the email link which brings up the native browser. Log in and click on the green icon with the arrow in it.

03-04-10 10:16 PM
    i download reboot and nothing installed and intalled and rebooted and then reinstalled nothing no icon no nothing
    03-04-10 10:28 PM
    yes we have added support for 3rd party apps and the first app with this new feature will be released tonight
    Ok so it's tonight...what's this app you type of?
    03-04-10 10:38 PM
    Ok so it's tonight...what's this app you type of?
    youll see soon enough. it will be on the front page of CB and BBOS
    03-04-10 10:51 PM
    youll see soon enough. it will be on the front page of CB and BBOS
    Do I have to wait for the email to update? I haven't recieved it yet! I currently am running 2.1.40. And do I have to pay again?
    03-04-10 11:16 PM
    Do I have to wait for the email to update? I haven't recieved it yet! I currently am running 2.1.40. And do I have to pay again?
    no. you can get it off the bellshare site (link in my sig) go ahead and download it
    03-04-10 11:18 PM
    Hopefully some of the fixed bugs include the memory leak and battery drainage.

03-04-10 11:21 PM
    Hopefully some of the fixed bugs include the memory leak and battery drainage.

Yeah that's the point ! Hope here too....
    03-04-10 11:35 PM
    Here's your hint at the 3rd Party App.
    03-04-10 11:42 PM
    Click on the email link which brings up the native browser. Log in and click on the green icon with the arrow in it.

Tks TravellingFool,
    I never thought of clicking the green arrow.
    Works now.
    Tks again
    03-04-10 11:45 PM
    does anyone know if the beweather free version will get an upgrade as well?
    03-05-10 12:49 AM
    Hi i Bought this app but i have problem with it i just can update by the WIFI and i cant update by the internet from the SIM Card any idea pleas

thanks
    03-05-10 03:16 AM
    Great just what I wanted

Did this release also address the "NA" issue(s)? i.e. auto-updates would show NA - however a manual update a sec later would yeild results.

As, well as the GPS issue? Whereby, I'm in Europe standing outside - yet BeWe tells me I'm in USA.

There are plenty of threads here about these issue(s).
    03-05-10 03:50 AM
    Anyone seen the update list? Didn't see the new features/fixes on the Bellshare site...yet. The download link is there though...

Bellshare - BerryWeather
    Tried to download from here but it tells me uncaught exeption? And when I log in to my acct from the email they sent me it shows the old version to upgrage...what should I do?

03-05-10 05:53 AM
    Tried to download from here but it tells me uncaught exeption? And when I log in to my acct from the email they sent me it shows the old version to upgrage...what should I do?

I'd delete what you have installed now & re-install with desktop files from here :
    BerryWeather - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store (click on free trial and download the desktop files)

Although, the OS5 link on Bellshare's website should work.
    03-05-10 06:18 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD