I searched the forums but couldn't find my particular problem discussed. I've had my blackberry about five months. For the past several days my 8330 has started freezing or lagging, both on the home screen or within any apps. It is a delay when I am scrolling through apps with the trackball, or when typing (it takes a few seconds for the letters to show). It's basically like a slow response time. It is intermittent and will last for a several minutes at a time and then will be fine until it happens again. It happens quite a few times throughout the day.

I have not loaded any new apps in the past month. I have enough memory available, I really don't have much on the phone but one theme and several apps. I was having an issue a few weeks ago with the phone constantly rebooting; I reformatted my media card and that resolved the issue. I reformatted the card again a day ago but it did nothing towards resolving the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    03-04-10 09:26 PM
    Remove apps that aren't important (I.e.: iheart radio). Ones that don't require a sign in like myspace or facebook. You can always reload them. See if when u delete them, that ur bb runs faster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 09:37 PM
    Has your phone suffered any hard falls? you could always back up your info and re-install the firmware
    03-04-10 11:26 PM
    Before you take any drastic measures make sure you are properly closing/exiting your apps when you are done with them. Always press Menu, Exit/Close, do not use the Back or End key to leave your apps.

Even though you say memory isn't an issue, if you have a lot of open apps running in device memory, your BB will lag and freeze guaranteed.

You should only have 5 native apps running when you check the app switcher (Home, Messages, Phone, Messenger, Browser).
    03-05-10 12:24 AM
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I haven't dropped the phone and make sure that I am exiting out of apps completely. I have a few apps running - bbm, messages, home, phone, browser, and also color ID, google maps and battery plus. Maybe one of the last three is causing the problem? It's just weird because I have had the last three running for a while. I may just reload everything and see if that works...
    03-06-10 12:09 PM
    Try taking the media card out of your BB first to see if the problem is on the card.
    03-06-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD