Not a huge fan of mail in, but I always get them in 3 weeks or so. But BGR is reporting that starting tomorrow the Pre and Pixi will have instant rebates and no mail in. Could this be the wave of the future for phones at Verizon...one can only hope.
    03-04-10 06:02 PM
    Would be nice. I have heard of this. Currently if you order a device online, you will get any rebate instantly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 06:09 PM
    This is most likely due to the Palm being a faliure so far. It has had poor sales and a high return rate so far. Also Palms CEO even came out and made a public statement that their new WEB OS is below his expectations, which resulted in an instant stock drop by 20%

I doubt that instant rebates will become the norm, since this is a way for the company to hold money intrest free for a period of time, which allows revenue for whatever it may be for that time. I agree with you though, instant would be nice.
    Last edited by DirtyBerry; 03-04-10 at 08:00 PM.
    03-04-10 06:49 PM
    Would be nice. I have heard of this. Currently if you order a device online, you will get any rebate instantly.

If you ask nicely they'll do it that way over the phone too. The CSR did it for me when I bought my S2. All I did was mention that if I ordered online I wouldn't have to do the mail in, but I wouldn't be able to get the price they were offering over the phone. So I asked her if I could get the phone in price plus get the instant rebate. She said online was normally the only way to get the rebate instantly, but that she would go ahead and take care of it for me anyway. Easy!
    03-04-10 11:36 PM
    Always always always begin your conversation with "I wanted to do this online but the VZW website seems to be timing out and I can't finalize my business, can you please help me?" You will almost always get the online discounts or benefits if they believe you.

As far as instant rebates, most manufacturers prefer mail-in gambling that a substantial percentage of purchasers will forget to send them in or fill out the rebate information incorrectly. Instant rebates usually happen when a manufacturer isn't moving enough devices and are trying to increase sales. I'm usually cautious when purchasing something advertised with an instant rebate.
    03-05-10 12:10 AM
    [QUOTE=rmjones101;4780522]Always always always begin your conversation with "I wanted to do this online but the VZW website seems to be timing out and I can't finalize my business, can you please help me?"QUOTE]

Actually, this won't get you a discount in store. We will refer you to the Customer Care hotline to have them finish your order online. There is no way around a mail in rebate in store.
    03-05-10 09:14 AM
    [QUOTE=DirtyBerry;4781810]
    Always always always begin your conversation with "I wanted to do this online but the VZW website seems to be timing out and I can't finalize my business, can you please help me?"QUOTE]

Actually, this won't get you a discount in store. We will refer you to the Customer Care hotline to have them finish your order online. There is no way around a mail in rebate in store.
    News Flash- CS will not apply the online rebate either, has to be done online. use to be able to do this, not allowed anymore.
    03-05-10 09:20 AM
    ha since when? I got it done as recent as a month ago.
    03-05-10 10:02 AM
    ha since when? I got it done as recent as a month ago.
    Lets make this easy. Should not happen anymore. If it does it is with some kind approval or a rep that is violating policy.
    03-05-10 10:06 AM
    Not a huge fan of mail in, but I always get them in 3 weeks or so. But BGR is reporting that starting tomorrow the Pre and Pixi will have instant rebates and no mail in. Could this be the wave of the future for phones at Verizon...one can only hope.

I spoke with my district manager about this yesterday, and as of right now, it seems as though it is more to focus attention on the Palm products more than anything.
    03-05-10 10:09 AM
    This is most likely due to the Palm being a faliure so far. It has had poor sales and a high return rate so far. Also Palms CEO even came out and made a public statement that their new WEB OS is below his expectations, which resulted in an instant stock drop by 20%
    Palm has not been a failure. The failure has been getting the reps hands on training and knowledge of the product. I just got my new Pre Plus Monday and love it. The high return rate can be attributed to getting the phone in the wrong hands.

And Palm's CEO did not say the Web OS fell below excpectations, he said consumer buy in on the product was below expectations.
    03-05-10 10:13 AM
    Palm has not been a failure. The failure has been getting the reps hands on training and knowledge of the product. I just got my new Pre Plus Monday and love it. The high return rate can be attributed to getting the phone in the wrong hands.

And Palm's CEO did not say the Web OS fell below excpectations, he said consumer buy in on the product was below expectations.
    Palm is floundering and barely staying afloat. They have a long way to go. I like webos but hardware wise, Palm is severely lacking.
    Last edited by PJnc284; 03-05-10 at 10:42 AM.
    03-05-10 10:38 AM
    I was referring to conducting business via calling VZW over the phone, not in-store help.
    [QUOTE=lastraid;4781839]

News Flash- CS will not apply the online rebate either, has to be done online. use to be able to do this, not allowed anymore.
    I've done it as recently as a few weeks ago.
    03-05-10 11:00 AM
    I was referring to conducting business via calling VZW over the phone, not in-store help.

I've done it as recently as a few weeks ago.
    AS stated earlier in post #9. This may happen, but not suppose to.
    03-05-10 12:16 PM
    It is official.

Souce phone scoop and has links to VZW site for the pre and pixi

News
    Quickie:
    Verizon Wireless Quietly Drops Mail-In Rebate for Pre and Pixi
    Today, 10:55 AM by Eric M. Zeman

Verizon Wireless has eliminated the mail-in rebate previously necessary for customers to get the lowest price for the Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus. Customers will now only pay $149 out of pocket for the Pre Plus and $79 for the Pixi Plus.
    03-05-10 01:11 PM
    Thanks Lastraid for confirming that. Sounds like BGR still has some reputable sources.

Will I pick up a Pre Plus...maybe...we'll see...
    03-05-10 02:41 PM
    I would much rather have an instant rebate than mail in. Let's just hope this goes for all vzw devices

03-06-10 04:23 PM
    It is official.
    It's official for the Pre Plus and the Pixie Plus, but as I mentioned earlier, it seems to be a strategy to get more Palms out there rather than making it a staple in doing business in the stores.
    03-06-10 09:02 PM
    It's official for the Pre Plus and the Pixie Plus, but as I mentioned earlier, it seems to be a strategy to get more Palms out there rather than making it a staple in doing business in the stores.
    Agreed .
    03-07-10 03:41 PM
    It would afford more people to visit the stores. Maybe lessen the sales calls to free up more CS agents to handle troubleshooting? In any case, it would encourage more sales made on the store level.

03-07-10 08:03 PM
    plz! Ditch the mail in rebates!! Hope this happens for all phones soon
    03-07-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD