Any of you guys use it without a screen protector? I have an invisible shield on mine right now but i have these various micro bubble blemishes on it since the day I first put it on and it's a bit annoying to read the screen because of the distortion, so I just want to take it off. I'm wondering if I should
    03-04-10 03:42 PM
    I don't have any scratches on mine and I drop it all the time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 03:57 PM
    I installed a good screen protector, I didn't want to chance it since I don't baby my phone.
    03-04-10 04:04 PM
    i have it installed on my phone the invisible shield! I LOVE IT! I would just say try to smooth out the bubbles with the solution. I have my whole phone done and still cases just in case. Dont remove it and leave it naked.
    03-04-10 04:39 PM
    i just never took off the original plastic from the screen
    03-04-10 04:51 PM
    i just never took off the original plastic from the screen
    lol, I still have mine on as well. It would be great if the tab going onto the back and end buttons werent there. I could cut it off but then I run the risk of pulling up on the screen part, not worth the risk.
    03-04-10 04:54 PM
    I have the one that came with my otter box commuter, it seems good, and the case rocks!

D

03-04-10 04:55 PM
    i have a screen protector on mine, and i also have an otterbox defender that stays on there most of the time too (the defender also covers the screen). not taking any chances here.
    03-04-10 05:04 PM
    It seems pretty darn tough to me. All I have on is a simple silicone case, but I baby mine and the case is mostly just to prevent trash from getting on it.
    03-04-10 05:22 PM
    It doesn't seem to scratch like my curve 8330 did because it doesn't have a hard plastic lens over the screen. But you can chip the tour's screen like I somehow managed to do to mine. Otherwise, its very durable.
    03-04-10 05:28 PM
    the screen is plastic, so if you pocket your phone, expect light scratches over time.
    03-04-10 05:29 PM
    the screen is plastic, so if you pocket your phone, expect light scratches over time.
    Exactly. I pocket my Tour with no case or screen protector, the screen has minor hairline scratches, but nothing major. When I first noticed them it bothered me, but now it doesn't really make much of a difference to me. The bezel is fine though.

03-04-10 07:51 PM
    Mine stays in its case, and sometimes in my pocket, and there isn't a scratch on it.

03-04-10 08:04 PM
    It doesn't seem to scratch like my curve 8330 did because it doesn't have a hard plastic lens over the screen. But you can chip the tour's screen like I somehow managed to do to mine. Otherwise, its very durable.
    And if you do manage to mess up the Tour's screen, it's an $80+ screen replacement, instead of a $5 lens like the Curve.

I have a Boxwave antiglare one mine, and I hardly even notice it. It was infuriating on the Curve because the curvature of the lens made the sides peel off, and had funky optical effects with the protector on.

I had a few bubbles, and then noticed that the protector was cut a hair larger than the screen opening, so it wasn't able to go down totally flat. After I trimmed about 1mm off each dimension to get it just barely smaller than the screen, it went on perfectly.
    03-04-10 08:47 PM
    I havent had any scratches on mine and i've had it since November. I have dropped it a few times and its fallen between the seats in my car. I still want to get a screen protector but i just like the normal screen, its usually easier to see.
    03-04-10 09:12 PM
    I've had this phone since Nov 2009. I don't baby it. Since it's not a touch screen never even thought 'bout a screen protector. Never regretted not getting a protector since it's not a touch screen. My screen is pristine.

03-04-10 09:52 PM
    i have a screen protector on mine, and i also have an otterbox defender that stays on there most of the time too (the defender also covers the screen). not taking any chances here.
    Same goes for me too,, except I don't have a screen protector since mine is always in the Otter unless I am installing a hybrid..lol. Ya I know the defender sucks with it's bulk..but I sure feel better knowing it is pretty much protected from anything I will be throwing at it, not to mention the extra layer of plastic over the screen.
    03-04-10 11:45 PM
    Any of you guys use it without a screen protector? I have an invisible shield on mine right now but i have these various micro bubble blemishes on it since the day I first put it on and it's a bit annoying to read the screen because of the distortion, so I just want to take it off. I'm wondering if I should
    Check with your Verizon local store for screen protectors. I purchased mine from the Sprint store itself and I have not had any issues. I've replaced mine because it's gotten a little worn out since I've had the BB for so long. But I'm HORRIBLE with phones and Ive dropped my phone numerous times and the protector really helps.
    03-05-10 07:11 AM
    I'm in the uk,
    i see many people with the new bold on the train with the oem hoster and no screen protector. i guess they get them free from work so they don't really want to invest in them. I saw in the street market for like two pounds you can get a pack of like four screen protectors.

I'm thinking when my pay check comes, i'll get a couple of packs and just give out a free screen protector to the total strangers that i see on the London underground that don't use one. Hopefully karma will reward me
    03-05-10 07:29 AM
    I should get a protector, but I don't have one right now. No scratches yet. And I kinda envy the people that got clear plastic out of the box on them. Everyone I've seen or set up has always had writing on that plastic, and thus is the first thing to be ripped off.
    03-05-10 07:32 AM
    I should get a protector, but I don't have one right now. No scratches yet. And I kinda envy the people that got clear plastic out of the box on them. Everyone I've seen or set up has always had writing on that plastic, and thus is the first thing to be ripped off.
    I don't know about that.
    I got my blackberry bold 9700 and my 'clear plastic out of the box' didn't have any writing on it. However it came off by itself in like two days. It is just a temporary thing man.

go to the street market and buy a cheap one for like a pound or a couple of bucks.
    03-05-10 07:37 AM
    I have tried invisible shield, BodyGuardz, and PhantomSkinz. PhantomSkinz is the best choice for me by a long shot, bodyguardz feels too plastic-y, invisable shield is great but has excessive orangpeel and is very thick, it also discolors very obviously. PhantomSkinz is the thinnest i have tried and also the most clear after installation, cant even see/feel it on the phone with everyday use
    03-05-10 07:41 AM
    I have tried invisible shield, BodyGuardz, and PhantomSkinz. PhantomSkinz is the best choice for me by a long shot, bodyguardz feels too plastic-y, invisable shield is great but has excessive orangpeel and is very thick, it also discolors very obviously. PhantomSkinz is the thinnest i have tried and also the most clear after installation, cant even see/feel it on the phone with everyday use
    I agree w/ PhantomSkinz. The installation was a bit "wet" LOL, but 2 days later and all bubble, discoloration, whatever, is gone. Smooth as silk.
    03-05-10 08:10 AM
    I have used Invsible Shield and Bestskinsever and they do have to much orange peel. I ordered the Phantomskinz and some Clariview ones and when they arrive I am going to decide which one to use. I have read that Clariview is really good for a non "wet" installation.

I had a Bold 9000 that I got from work, I immediately installed the Inv Shield on the screen. I then was able to upgrade to the Bold 9700, out of my pocket this time, and I immediately installed the shield on the entire phone! I didn't do the battery door but the rest of the phone is covered in the shield. It takes some getting used to but you do get used to the feel. Most cases won't fit after that, just the flexible silicone one. But I like to use the charging pod so I prefer no case.
    Last edited by Raistlin1; 03-05-10 at 08:18 AM.
    03-05-10 08:15 AM
    I agree that the screen protector that comes with the otter box skins is probably the best screen protector
    03-05-10 10:03 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD