I'm sure this isn't a new topic for you regulars, but search let me down and I couldn't find any recent posts.

Basically, now that some 8330's have an official 5.0 release, any chance were going to get one for the 8330m on Verizon?

If not, will the Boost version of 5 work on it?

If not (lol), how hard are hybrids to install? Basically I'm looking to try out some apps (like the new opera mini and slacker radio) on OS5.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 02:49 PM
    No 5.0 for the 8330m...boosts verision is for the 8330 no M...
    03-04-10 02:54 PM
    Will the hybrids work on a vzw 8330m?

03-09-10 07:33 PM
    All OSs are device specific. An OS for the 8330m will NOT work for the 8330 and vice versa. This includes hybrids. You can only load an OS specifically built for your device.

03-09-10 11:42 PM
    FYI, if you have a Verizon branded BB, then it is an 8330 regardless of whether it has an ESN or MEID number. Verizon doesn't use the 8330m designation for MEID devices.

So to answer your question, both the official Boost Mobile 5.0 OS stickied at the top of his forum, and the hybrids based on it will load on your device.
    03-10-10 01:11 AM
    Does anyone know if Sprint uses the MEID? and is it that 5.0 won't come out for 8330m's period? If so, I am going to be super super sad
    03-17-10 06:57 PM
    Yes sprint uses MEID's. And like mentioned before if there is no official OS 5.0 release for your device you may be able to install a hybrid build OS. Not sure how to do this yet but I'm looking into it. It has something to do with deleting the vendor.xml file and patching java with the new OS files and something else. Like I said I'm looking into it and will post a detailed thread when I got it figured out.

03-17-10 07:22 PM
    There is a post about this in the Leaked OS and Hybrids section.
    But if you succeed and need a guinea pig to test it I'm here.

03-17-10 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD