I need some assistance as BerryWeather support has been VERY slow to respond, and unhelpful at best. My wife and I both have the Tour, and we both had the older version of BerryWeather. When it went on sale 50% off I decided to upgrade both of us. I purchased hers first, then mine on 2 separate accounts. I took the following steps on each for installation.
    1. Deleted old version of BerryWeather, restarted phone.
    2. Downloaded and installed program, restarted phone.
    3. Open program and tried to connect.
    Here is where they split. Mine runs and performs beautifully. AWESOME update. Hers will not connect when you try to run setup wizard to find best connection method. I get the following error:
    The Application berryweather has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.
    I get the same error when I attempt to skip the setup and register which lets me choose connection method I get the same error.

I have deleted and restarted and re-downloaded several times already and get the same results each time.

These phones are on BIS and as far as I know there is no IT policy. Keep in mind that Both phones were running the older version of BerryWeather just fine. Any and all help would be appreciated.

BB Tour 9630
    OS Ver: 5.0.0.419
    BerryWeather version: 2.1.40

Right after my initial post I deleted new version, restarted and installed old version. The old version works as it should. It connected first time no problem. What can I do to get the new version installed.
    Last edited by beasleybiz; 03-04-10 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Added new info
    03-04-10 07:49 AM
    Have you checked the permissions? Under Options, Applications, scroll to beweather.

What are your gps settings? I don't know if you have to have it on for a weather report from a specific zip/locale versus "current (gps) location"

I forget where firewall settings are - security, perhaps.
    03-04-10 08:33 AM
    Ok, I used BBSAK and did a complete wipe, installed a newer OS and then BEFORE I restored my info from backup tried to install Berryweather thinking maybe something screwy in my settings, but no, it is still doing the same thing. Re-installed other apps and they connect just fine. Now I do get another error beyond the original This one comes up after I click Ok for the first error. It says Connection Failed. Check Your BerryWeather Transport Settings and make sure you are connected to the internet. (BIS - Permission denied). It's not the OS as I upgraded my phone to the same one prior to hers, and mine works fine with BerryWeather installed. I have checked and compared the permissions between the two phones and hers are exactly as mine are. So I am clueless, and of course I still have no better response from Bellshare support.

I found the issue, just can't fix it. In the security options Firewall the Firewall status is enabled and there is a lock symbol on it. I cannot change it. Any hacks/suggestions Crackberry experts? When I click on that option where you would normally find enable or disable it brings up a menu and the only optiona I have are Reset Settings (does nothing) Reset All Counts (does nothing), Save, and Full Menu which Gives me the same options with the addition of Switch Application, Close, and Help.
    Last edited by beasleybiz; 03-21-10 at 04:51 PM. Reason: New Info
    03-21-10 04:40 PM
    I called VZW tech support after finding that there is an IT policy on the phone. Apparently when Asurion sent her a replacement it had been a corporate phone. I highly suggest that whenever you receive a replacement phone first thing go to Options, Status and type BUYR if there is an IT policy it will show there after typing that. Big Red is sending another replacement and should rectify my problem. Thanks for the help.
    03-21-10 07:02 PM
    That's a serious mistake for Asurion to send a phone with the previous owner's IT policy on it. If you get the second replacement phone, and decide you like the first replacement phone better for some other reason, you can remove the IT Policy using this procedure created by Forums Moderator Pete6: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone.
    03-21-10 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD