Just looking at the picture......But, I think the small white dot to the right of "Blackberry" on top is a forward facing camera......

Just saying. ......

I think the led light on blackberries is placed to the very top right of this slider blackberry.
    03-03-10 09:52 PM
    i disagree, rim will not implement a forward facing camera on this one. i think that is the led light.
    03-03-10 09:55 PM
    also have to disagree
    that cleared out part looks to be the same size as the one on my curve 8530 if not just slightly bigger.

while on this topic i do hope they dont fumble the led placement and keep it right under the cleared out section. on the storm2 and the curve8530 ive noticed the led isn't perfectly center so it doesn't shine through as brite..
    03-03-10 10:50 PM
    No the dot you are referring to would be the LED light....the new Curve 8530 has the same LED...small round light instead of the normal retangular LED we're use to.
    03-04-10 09:08 AM
    Agreed, its more than likely the LED indicator.
    03-04-10 09:17 AM
    Why would a camera lens be on the same side as the screen? Perfect for self portraits but that's about it...
    03-04-10 01:40 PM
    Forward facing cameras suck. You cant even see what your shooting (unless it's yourself).
    03-04-10 02:14 PM
    Why would a camera lens be on the same side as the screen? Perfect for self portraits but that's about it...
    why would you want it? not for self portraits (unless ur inlove with yourself) itd be good for video conferencing as its getting more popular and since thats a business aspect adn rim makes business phones we'll prob see one in the future. just not in this version
    03-04-10 02:15 PM
    why would you want it? not for self portraits (unless ur inlove with yourself) itd be good for video conferencing as its getting more popular and since thats a business aspect adn rim makes business phones we'll prob see one in the future. just not in this version
    no one video conferences over cell networks. they tried it in japan and no one cared for it.
    03-04-10 02:32 PM
    Yes but with 4g?
    03-04-10 02:49 PM
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with it being an LED in similar placement to the 85xx Curves. I don't particularly care for that placement and would have preferred to see it up a little higher like on my 9700.

I would like to see a forward-facing camera for video conferencing at some point - but it would really only be useful if there was a screen on the other side too, so you could take real pictures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 02:51 PM
    Yes but with 4g?
    this phone will not be 4G
    03-04-10 03:32 PM
    I dont think it is a camera, why wont it be 4g?
    03-04-10 04:10 PM
    its a led light
    03-04-10 04:18 PM
    I dont think it is a camera, why wont it be 4g?
    because there are no LTE networks in the US, and there likely won't be widespread LTE support for a few years. there is no reason any blackberry device that we can physically see proof of will be 4G, because no one will be able to use it.
    03-04-10 05:42 PM
    I would like to see a forward-facing camera for video conferencing at some point - but it would really only be useful if there was a screen on the other side too, so you could take real pictures.

I agree with the video conferencing ability. But instead of another screen, how about dual cameras? One on the back side for normal picture taking. Then you have a solid back to lay the phone on.

03-04-10 06:11 PM
    well i can let you know one thing, the Iphone (4G) is suppose to be coming out this summer and it too is suppose to have a front facing camera. So if Blackberry want to get it handed to them "agin" then they need to bring there A game and beat them to the punch. That would be a game changer "im skypin on the phone" i just lov that sound!!!!!
    03-07-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD