No love for us Verizon users?
    03-03-10 06:43 PM
    Based on the rumors, its GSM. Stuff changes though. Besides, it is "rumor". Nothing concrete yet.
    03-03-10 06:52 PM
    That is EXACTLY what I thought; I was seeing everyone bash it in the Upcoming Devices forum and came to its defense...until I heard about the GSM possibility. I like my tour but am a bit annoyed about the same thing most other Tour owners are e.g. buggy trackball, SLOW O.S. updates (no official 5.0 YET) and as soon as my 30 days were up they announced the trackpad wifi crew was coming to town. That being said the Tour is a strong device but I want the goodies and have been waiting on the next device with all the goodies and this was IT. Only problem is I probibally will not be able to have it as it will most likely launch on AT&T and Tmo
    03-03-10 06:55 PM
    If it's going to be a touchscreen BB then it's about time AT&T + T-Mobile gets one. I wanted a Storm so badly when I got my phone, but Verizon has horrible and overpriced service in my area.
    03-03-10 07:03 PM
    Yes, ever since the Storm came out, I wanted a touchscreen blackberry. So I am glad this will be GSM. CDMA users have the Storm, GSM now have this.
    03-03-10 07:06 PM
    CDMA users aren't all created equal. Us Sprint users don't have the Storm... I'd love this device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 07:45 PM
    WHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hope to go this come to T-Mobile. It has the best of both worlds the amazing blackberry keyboard and trackpad and the touch screen for things like web browsing. I hope that they have multi touch on this blackberry because that will make it the best blackberry in my opinion.
    03-03-10 07:48 PM
    I knew I should have tried to baby my 8120 longer. This is the phone that I wanted, not the 9700.
    03-03-10 08:00 PM
    WHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Hope to go this come to T-Mobile. It has the best of both worlds the amazing blackberry keyboard and trackpad and the touch screen for things like web browsing. I hope that they have multi touch on this blackberry because that will make it the best blackberry in my opinion.
    Very much agreed.
    03-03-10 08:03 PM
    so im pondering since blackberry came out with a slider and its most likely gsm, is this the palm pre version that was going to be launched on at&t? there had been rumors of at&t getting a palm pre in the near future but now i think those rumors can be put to rest. the palm pre is not needed and the bb slider can fit in nicely on at&t.
    03-03-10 08:30 PM
    I REALLY hope this makes it to Verizon. I will be crushed if this phone comes out and I can't get it.
    03-03-10 08:42 PM
    I knew I should have tried to baby my 8120 longer. This is the phone that I wanted, not the 9700.
    Probably still a while before this is released...
    03-03-10 09:02 PM
    Verizon costs too much for me to even think about switching services... I am happy with my $129 for 2 blackberry curve8530s, 1500 mins, and "Any Mobile, Any Time"... :P If they offer it for Sprint I would gladly pay for it in cash or early upgrade lol... :P
    03-03-10 09:04 PM
    Not only do I hope this is a GSM phone, but a GSM World Phone. And more carriers around the world such as At&t, Rogers, T-Mobile, Orange, and Telus (I think?) all use GSM networks. CDMA would kill this phone.
    03-03-10 09:09 PM
    Telus isn't strictly gsm. It's hspa network. They got cdma too

03-03-10 09:18 PM
    Yeah I didn't know for sure, but I knew they had some sort of GSM on there network.
    03-03-10 09:25 PM
    Isn't Verizon going to 4g on gsm anyway? Like soon after this is going to come out.

03-03-10 09:29 PM
    It'll probably be quite a while before it actually comes out, so take care of your 9700 for now. [=

I REALLY hope this makes it to Verizon. I will be crushed if this phone comes out and I can't get it.
    That's one of the reasons I left Verizon, their lack of phones. That and their overpriced plans. GSM makes much more sense, and there's always been a great variety of phones available.
    03-03-10 09:40 PM
    Telus isn't strictly gsm. It's hspa network. They got cdma too

it's not the same CDMA as verizon. HSPA is what GSM providers use as their 3G signal. Verizon CDMA uses CDMA2000/EV-DO which is completely different.
    03-03-10 09:42 PM
    it's not the same CDMA as verizon. HSPA is what GSM providers use as their 3G signal. Verizon CDMA uses CDMA2000/EV-DO which is completely different.
    Telus has CDMA 2000/EV-DO Rev A "3G" as well as HSPA+ "3.75G". Telus is not a GSM provider, they only have HSPA and CDMA.
    03-03-10 09:53 PM
    Isn't Verizon going to 4g on gsm anyway? Like soon after this is going to come out.

Verizon is going LTE I believe, I don't know if that's a "GSM technology" but considering there's rumors this will be out sometime in the Summer I doubt it makes a difference.
    03-04-10 12:17 AM
    I hope this is Quadband like the storm so that it can be used on either GSM or CDMA. I think everyone should have access to this phone reguardless of carrier.
    03-04-10 02:21 AM
    Telus has CDMA 2000/EV-DO Rev A "3G" as well as HSPA+ "3.75G". Telus is not a GSM provider, they only have HSPA and CDMA.
    Which are two different types of networks. My statement still stands.

03-04-10 02:45 AM
    A lot of phones come out with both CDMA & GSM versions. All they have to do is change some code, a radio and a carrier logo ^^
    03-04-10 05:02 AM
    Which are two different types of networks. My statement still stands.

"it's not the same CDMA as verizon. HSPA is what GSM providers use as their 3G signal. Verizon CDMA uses CDMA2000/EV-DO which is completely different. "

To further clarify, Telus uses a CDMA2000/EV-DO network, as does verizon AFAIK, and based on your statement. Sorry, I'm not seeing your misunderstanding here. You are saying that Telus does not have CDMA2000? They in fact do have CDMA2000 as well as an HSPA network (an overlay of the CDMA2000 network). So, yes it is the "same CDMA" as Verizon.

Here's a link from Telus showing they do have a CDMA2000 network, in case that is what you are disputing: Home | Media | TELUS
    Last edited by seanm2000; 03-04-10 at 08:51 AM.
    03-04-10 08:43 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD