ANybody having problems with facebook app for the tour?. the notifications come out funny now. and everything just lags like a.
    03-03-10 06:35 PM
    I don't use the Facebook application nor do I have an account, but I have heard users here talking about notification goofiness all day! You're not alone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 07:00 PM
    Facebooks app always has problems. Waiting on a new supposedly update. Use the facebook mobile site.
    03-03-10 07:03 PM
    Mine started doing that today, and you cant "reply" to pokes either. Maybe Facebook ought to upgrade their systems to handle the amount of subscribers?
    03-03-10 07:30 PM
    I'm having the same issue.... started today. and since last week when people posted on my wall I wasn't able to reply to their wallpost
    03-03-10 08:09 PM
    I hate how wen someone writes on ur wall u have to right on there's instead of just commeneting their wall post

03-03-10 08:15 PM
    Yep. I noticed that too... you're not alone. it's annoying. I hope Facebook gets it together!
    03-03-10 08:24 PM
    I've had Facebook for a long time and never had any problems with it besides some lag. Would like to see an update though.
    03-03-10 09:19 PM
    the facebook app just sucks in general i hope they update it soon!
    03-03-10 09:21 PM
    Facebook itself is one buggy *** web based mess...the app for BB just shows it on the go! LOL
    03-04-10 12:04 AM
    I too am having the same problem. I'm currently in Germany. I also assumed their probably about to roll out an update. Its been a while. Especially since most BB's are running official 5.0 now.

03-04-10 02:59 AM
    Yeah same problem(s) here.

03-04-10 03:17 AM
    Same here, can not poke back, the messages come in without having the possibility to reply.
    03-04-10 03:19 AM
    I hate how wen someone writes on ur wall u have to right on there's instead of just commenting their wall post
    My friend posted on my wall and when I view in in the fb app, it offers me a choice to comment--like--see wall to wall. When I click comment it does what it has always done, leaves the comment on my wall post.

What version of face book are you guys running?

This post was from 7 days ago but viewed right now. I need to get a recent wall post and check again..

but I have heard users here talking about notification goofiness all day! You're not alone.
    Lmao did you read my last edit in that earlier post? lol
    Last edited by dave3825us; 03-04-10 at 06:27 AM.
    03-04-10 04:38 AM
    I'm running the newest version. Same **** happens with me, too. Now I can't reply to notification unless I go to the mobile FB site. Sucks

03-04-10 07:04 AM
    the FB app has to be the worse app ever. I wonder why RIM hasn't fixed this. I've seen FB apps on other platforms and they run smooth. I gotta say to RIM, the problems with this app are not new, we as users are overdue for an updated version with this annoying problems fixed. Don't you agree?

03-04-10 07:11 AM
    the FB app has to be the worse app ever. I wonder why RIM hasn't fixed this. I've seen FB apps on other platforms and they run smooth. I gotta say to RIM, the problems with this app are not new, we as users are overdue for an updated version with this annoying problems fixed. Don't you agree?

Agree 100%. Even when the app "works" it never worked 100% properly. And for now, it is still not working...WTF! On a side note, there is no reason why the app should just stop working. I'm guessing Facebook changed something on their end and RIMM has been slow to fix/update the app.
    03-04-10 07:41 AM
    ya its working weird for me too, now everything is coming into notification box, and looks exactly like when it used to go to my email instead, vs. just saying (John) commented on your wall post it says (John) notification and you have to read the whole darn email to figure out what John was trying to say hahah
    03-04-10 07:46 AM
    The facebook app on the iPhone absolutely destroys this one. I just use the mobile site. The app lags so bad.
    03-04-10 07:47 AM
    mine is doing that too. i receive messages late and i am unable to respond to them. i have been going through the browser until facebook fixes this problem
    03-04-10 09:42 AM
    I'm also having the same problem with the FB app and I dont like going to the FB Mobile site either.....so hopefully they can resolve this soon!!
    03-04-10 09:57 AM
    If you are all running 1.7.0.22 and having issues all of a sudden, then fb changed something. I thought I read somewhere that fb was going to release the next app, not rim. Or that rim and fb were working together on the next app..
    03-04-10 10:08 AM
    I have had this for a couple of days too (email links instead of being able to reply). The thing is Facebook changed how they notify on March 1st...supposed to only effect Apps Notifications though and not Users notifications. I think this is like the time (recently) when FB upgraded the layout of everyone's pages. FB needs to get a clue and work with RIM on this before they upgrade...not after.
    03-04-10 10:19 AM
    I am having this problem as well. Accidentally made an identical thread about it. I hope they fix this soon.
    03-04-10 10:43 AM
    FB needs to get a clue and work with RIM on this before they upgrade...not after.
    Face book makes money from ads on its pages. These ads do not show up when your on the app. Rim wrote the last fb app and I read somewhere that either fb, or fb and rim were developing the next app. With that said, facebook is doing what they want to do with everything on their site at this time and they probably do not care how the app responds cause they make no money from the users using the app anyway, and do not consider it a priority. Or they are in the stages of the new app and they could be trying it out. And just because there has not been a fb leak does not mean they are not working on a new app..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 03-04-10 at 06:04 PM.
    03-04-10 10:52 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD