I think it looks pretty solid. I thought the slider would be outdated by now, but I guess I'm wrong.

I don't understand why you're all saying it's ugly. First of all, it looks like a smaller blackberry with a full screen body (without sliding keypad out). You're all saying it looks like a brick, or too big.. Umm, you don't know if it's slim. We haven't seen detailed pictures of it yet. It's a blackberry with a keypad that slides out, that's it. It's different, I think it looks nice. I see it as a cool BB with a suprising slide out keyboard. The keypad looks awesome, too! I'd love to get my hands on one of these

So, is anyone else excited?
    03-03-10 06:23 PM
    I don't think it looks too bad but I would like to see a picture of something next to it for size comparison.. Looks kinda long but I didn't expect it to look any different.. I'm not a big fan of portrait sliders so this works for me! Can't wait to see more pics and maybe a video of it booting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 06:27 PM
    Why dont I like the way it looks?

Have you ever seen someone do a poor impersonation of someone? Like a really bad one, but thought they were just like them?

Thats the slider!

It's trying to be something its not!
    It's a fake,
    It's a fraud,
    It's not too nice!

in my opinion, but i havent seen it other than the picture. If its the size of a bold or tour, and then slides out vertically? Holy cow! They should just put hash marks on the side and call it a ruler. When its out, they can use it for a paddle, or use it for one of those batons that you see cops (and cool bad guys) use that flick out....

Sorry, got carried away, But no, I don tlike it
    03-03-10 06:32 PM
    Looks like my PDA2K from 2003 (or so)
    03-03-10 06:34 PM

I was just wondering why people didn't like the look based on the comments on the post cb made about it. I read a whole lot of the comments and a lot of people said they hated it and I don't get why.

03-03-10 06:37 PM
    It'll probably be the same size or about the same size as the Pre. Probably a bit longer but that's fine look at the RAZR that was super long and everyone loved it. Granted that was years ago but still.
    03-03-10 06:44 PM
    I don't see it being as small as the pre. It seems like it'll be a bit wider than the pre. I hope its thin, though.

03-03-10 06:49 PM
    I'm interested to see if it'll have surepress or not, as I hear that surepress is storm exclusive? Would bb even make a touch screen without surepress? I wonder how that will work out. Who knows if it will even be touchscreen? I honestly don't see it being touchscreen.

03-03-10 06:50 PM

Have you ever seen someone do a poor impersonation of someone? Like a really bad one, but thought they were just like them?

Thats the slider!

It's a fake,
    It's a fraud,
    It's not too nice!

in my opinion, but i havent seen it other than the picture. If its the size of a bold or tour, and then slides out vertically? Holy cow! They should just put hash marks on the side and call it a ruler. When its out, they can use it for a paddle, or use it for one of those batons that you see cops (and cool bad guys) use that flick out....

LMAO! good post, and I agree with everything you said
    03-03-10 06:51 PM
    with that new clear picture, it looks just like the tour with a trackpad and slides
    03-03-10 06:58 PM
    you should rename your thread to "why some of you don't like the look of the slider?". i personally like it but not love it. i want to see if the sliding mechanism can really last a long time. these sliders sometimes lose their normal sliding mechanism. it becomes hard to keep sliding it with free movement over a long period of time.
    03-03-10 08:58 PM
    With the additional pictures, it looks like a bold or a tour with a larger screen. The screen must be amazing. I'm glad to see a bigger screen on a model other than the storm, I just wish they'd make a new bold with such a big screen, without a slide out keyboard. I just like big phones.
    03-03-10 09:34 PM
    I've had a couple slider phones before I had a BB and I never cared for it.
    03-04-10 11:23 AM
    I just can't imagine that it won't be bulky/thick, at least in comparison to other berries. I really hope it isn't tho. And honestly, I don't feel strongly about it one way or another.
    03-04-10 11:33 AM
    Originally Posted by berryfit

Thats the slider!

It's a fake,
    It's a fraud,
    It's not too nice!

LMAO! good post, and I agree with everything you said
    +2 Good post. I have never liked sliders and the one in the pictures is horrible looking.
    03-04-10 11:40 AM
    I didn't really read most of the posts in this thread, but I just wanted to quickly offer up my 2 cents on why I absolutely hate the new design.... it's so clunky!!!

I would LOVE a touchscreen + trackpad + full qwerty. However, I can't imagine using this phone. In order to use the keyboard, I'd be adding a whole lot of area to the phone in my hand. I am not a little kid, however even for a 21 year old female I have very little hands and after using a friend's DROID (which to me is a good comparison as to how heavy this device looks!), I can see myself having the same problems (ie. holding this up while using the qwerty keyboard, especially for extended periods of time and continuous use).

I really wish they would have kept to their general specs of a blackberry with a qwerty keyboard and made the touchscreen the same size (or even a little bigger wouldn't have been an issue, but geez, that's huge) as "normal." I don't know if my thought process is being passed along well or not, so I apologize if you're all cocking your heads to the sides and scratching your foreheads. :P

Just my feelings. Now off to class!!
    03-04-10 12:09 PM
    I think the keyboard plate/piece that slides down is too big. It's a good concept and the obvious progression for BB but that's it- a concept.

If it were smaller, just basically big enough to hold the keyboard and no extra space on the bottom and top, it would look much better. Probably feel better in your hand too.

I think it should slide out sideways like every other touchscreen slider (besides Palm I guess)
    03-04-10 01:06 PM
    I am not liking it just yet, the whole point of picking up your blackberry and typing away like BB bolds or whatever is totally gone, now a user has to pick up, slide and then type...ENERGY WASTE!!
    03-05-10 02:44 PM
    it looks too much like my son's Moto Karma.
    03-05-10 03:14 PM
    I'm sure this won't be the case, but I had a slider once--sony Ericcson 580i. It was so hard to type on it (no qwerty) and felt so unstable, i gave up on it after about 8 months. I'll stick with the Storm 2 and the Curve I have.

Anyone want to buy it??? :-).
    03-06-10 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD