Hi all,
    sorry if this post is a bit wrong (my first post on this forum!).

I am running a 9700 on tmobile uk.

Until yesterday any facebook notifications came up on my device and when clicked on them they took me directly to the blackberry facebook thread

i.e Person A
    Comment,
    by clicking on that from the notifciations menu I could directly go to that comment.

Since well yesterday any notificaitons have been coming up in a different format such as
    Person A wrote on your wall.

When I click on this notification it then opens well the html email (that gets sent to my live.co.uk account which is linked with my device) and then gives me the option to go to the main facebook (non blackberry) page to add comments (and then when clicking on it loads up the blackberry browser).

I was wondering if anyone had come across this before and knew how to fix it?

I have tried logging in and out of my facebook account with my blackberry, have tried clearing the cache and have even tried a battery pull.
    All of these to no avail.

Any help would be great

Thanks,
    A newbie/frustrated Blackberry user!
    03-03-10 04:19 PM
    You're not alone - mine was doing this all day, i even uninstalled and installed the app!

Mine seems to have started working properly again in the last half hour or so...
    03-03-10 04:43 PM
    Yup for some reason mine has just started working again.
    Dont know how and why (and now for the first time ever Blackberry has decided to put my contact's birthdays in my calendar).

Woo for technology being temprimental!
    03-03-10 04:47 PM
    I am on orange UK and have not had this problem. Maybe try to delete the app through AppWorld and then download it again and re-install it. Also check Facebook settings on handset...
    03-03-10 04:48 PM
    just as i thought it was back to normal it decides to do it again hm.. i think i might just see what its like in the morning and if not will delete it and see what happens!
    03-03-10 05:48 PM
    I've having the exact same issue.
    Last edited by faibs; 03-03-10 at 06:13 PM.
    03-03-10 06:10 PM
    looks like its probably something to do with blackberry / facebook i think rather than our individual handsets (as it seems to be effecting people all over the world!)
    lets just hope they fix whatever the glitch is soon!
    03-03-10 07:04 PM
    Its happening to me too, U.S. here

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-03-10 07:13 PM
    I am having problems as well. Very Annoying. Hopefully we'll get a software update soon that also fixes the 99% problem
    03-03-10 07:18 PM
    just found this on another section of the site http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fac...estion-431189/
    looks like we are not alone!
    03-03-10 07:19 PM
    Wow I thought It was me. Its really annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 07:24 PM
    I'm having the same problem in Ohio. I thought it was just me.

03-03-10 07:36 PM
    I think it is across the board, mine is doing the same also, does anyone know if Gmail app and facebook app have issues running together, as when I had gmail on my 9700, i did not recieve any notifications, when removed I started to get!!( but still cannot reply to them as I could a few days ago)

Thanks
    03-03-10 08:15 PM
    I don't have a Gmail app and I'm still having the same prob so I don't think it has to do with that. I think FB just sucks and always has tech issues...just a few weeks ago my FB profile was down due to site maintenance for 5 days. Hopefully it'll work itself out.
    03-03-10 08:48 PM
    Is everyone still having the same problem with the FB application (notifications)? Mine has been screwed up since yesterday evening...still acting up.
    03-04-10 09:21 AM
    Mines been doing it the past couple days if I even get the notifications. They haven't always been coming in either.

03-04-10 09:47 AM
    Have the same problem It took me a while to realize tht they were just messages with a link to the facebook page, kind of annoying.

03-04-10 02:18 PM
    Yep, same issue here in Western NY state. It's Extremely frustrating. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon!
    03-04-10 04:12 PM
    Mine was ok for a bit today, and then tonight has reverted back to being rubbish!! just have to wait to see if FB iron out the issues i think.
    03-05-10 05:52 AM
    I think because facebook updated the page it may be a bit hard for Blackberry to filter into the BIS.
    I noticed that a few things worked.
    And when someone comments on my wall, it shows my wall in stead of our wall to wall.
    This makes me unable to reply unless I open facebook to write a message and its super frustrating.

03-05-10 07:00 AM
    I'm back to normal how about u guys
    03-05-10 01:08 PM
    Good over here!
    03-05-10 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD