Ok, so I have a couple of themes that have a weather slot on the home screen.

No matter what weather app I put in the correct weather slot (as determined by the theme) or whatever theme I am using the weather conditions never update on the home screen. They update on the application screen (based on whatever setting I have in the weather app) but those changes never get updated/reflected on my home screen.

What gives? What am I doing wrong? The whole idea of the weather slot it to have the current conditions showing on you home screen so you don't have to press any buttons.

Help, I must be missing a setting or something. Thanks all.
    03-03-10 02:51 PM
    I've had the same problem but if I move my weather icon, return to the home screen, then move it back it will update. Sorry I can't help more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 03:08 PM
    I get the same thing, but that is useless to do it that way.
    03-03-10 03:33 PM
    i had that issue with Weathereye so i switched to Beweather and the issue is gone
    03-03-10 03:41 PM
    The only theme that I have found that updates the weather icon is Reverie.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/re...-theme-336288/
    03-03-10 03:58 PM
    I use (in the UK) Precision Tweaked theme with Accuweather. Both are free and work very well.

Neither reminds me to take my umbrella with me though...

03-03-10 04:39 PM
    You aren't doing anything wrong. It sems to be a theme builder problem. I know several other themes do work correctly including the simple l. Someone else told me a few weeks back that once they downloaded a theme in which the weather slot worked then made all their other themes work. Upgrading to the newest os may also help

03-03-10 06:49 PM
    Ok, so I have a couple of themes that have a weather slot on the home screen.

No matter what weather app I put in the correct weather slot (as determined by the theme) or whatever theme I am using the weather conditions never update on the home screen. They update on the application screen (based on whatever setting I have in the weather app) but those changes never get updated/reflected on my home screen.

What gives? What am I doing wrong? The whole idea of the weather slot it to have the current conditions showing on you home screen so you don't have to press any buttons.

Help, I must be missing a setting or something. Thanks all.
    Update your OS. I had the exact problem on my 8530. I updated the OS and voilia...problem solved.

03-03-10 08:39 PM
    Update your OS. I had the exact problem on my 8530. I updated the OS and voilia...problem solved.

I'm running 5.0.0.395, per my DM that is the most current os.

Edit: I see what you are talking about now. Will do it today. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kadonny; 03-04-10 at 07:37 AM.
    03-04-10 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD