Hello! My name is Karen...and I know that the first step to overcoming addiction is admitting the problem. However, I don't think there is a problem so I won't confess that I'm a blackberry addict.

I've had my phone about a week. I have a cell phone addiction. However, I think I'm okay now b/c I have one of the best phones out there. I previously used the EnV (Verizon). Cool phone...but nothing compared to my buzzberry. I named him Buzz b/c he's always on vibrate b/c I'm hearing impaired and don't hear the "ringing".

I do have a question and my need to post this on another board. I want to get a Curve for my husband. I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 and want to get him one. We are on a family plan (with Verizon) so there is no way for him to upgrade b/c I'm the "main" person on the plan so we would have to shell out some big bucks. Any ideas how to get a phone besides ebay? They are selling for over 350 bucks. I just thought I'd ask. If any one has some ideas or other places to buy let me know!

I can't believe I waited this long for my blackberry! I LOVE IT! I really do. It's nice to know I'm not alone! :-)

I'm off to play brick breaker before bed! :-)
    06-13-08 10:40 PM
    06-13-08 10:43 PM
    Welcome to CB, and yes, craigslist is a great place to look for new berries.
    06-13-08 10:56 PM
    Craigslist or you can possibly tell Verizon your willing to extend your contract and alittle sweet talk. It works for some reps.

That's how I got out of my ETF with AT&T!!

Welcome to the great addiction of CrackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 11:05 PM
    Welcome to the addiction!!!!
    06-13-08 11:22 PM
    lol @ buzzberry! I may have to occasionally borrow that name since my bb is always on vibrate too. And welcome to cb!
    06-13-08 11:37 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    06-13-08 11:44 PM
    Welcome to CB. Enjoy your addiction!
    06-14-08 01:18 AM
    Welcome to CB!

As I've never bought a thing in my life thru Craiglist, I have on the other hand had very good transactions on eBay. My first Pearl (8130) I got for less than $300.
    06-14-08 01:33 AM
    Hello and welcome to crackberry.com

06-14-08 01:52 AM
    Welcome hope to see your post count go up.
    06-14-08 02:16 AM
    Need some clarification. kaspang78 said that she couldnt upgrade her husband's phone because she was the "main" person on the account. I understand that and have heard people say the same thing. Here's my situation and anyone please chime in with comments or explanations.

My girl and I are on one account. She's the primary and I'm the secondary. Now I've past my 2yrs and thought that I had an upgrade waiting for me. So people are saying that unless you are the primary line, you don't get upgrades. Now I log into the Verizon website as the primary account holder, it gives me the option to upgrade the phone of the secondary line. So as far as I know, additional lines can upgrade but everyone else seems to say otherwise.

Does that mean that only the primary person can upgrade other lines other than the primary or that only the primary line gets upgrades? So someone explain if theres a difference.
    06-14-08 02:50 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    06-14-08 07:24 AM
    Hello and welcome to the crack, LOL at buzzberry, that has to be the first time I heard that. like everyone else mentioned a little sweet talking might go along way with Verizon, I know it took a lot of sweet talking to get the curve before the release date as I assume it did for many others.
    06-14-08 07:37 AM
    Welcome to crackberry. You will find a very friendly community here.
    06-14-08 08:15 AM
    Hey Everyone thanks for the warm welcome!

SKYYS I wanted to answer your question. If you are not the main holder on your account you DO get an upgrade after 2 years but there is no "early upgrade" like I did. That's only for the main account holder. They told me he can upgrade in Jan but not sooner. I think I may call them and figure this out.

Thanks again for the warm welcome! :-)
    06-14-08 09:44 AM
    You can use buzzberry as much as you want! I have problems with that at all. :-)
    06-14-08 09:47 AM
    Welcome to CB and enjoy.
    06-14-08 09:56 AM
    I do have a question and my need to post this on another board. I want to get a Curve for my husband. I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 and want to get him one. We are on a family plan (with Verizon) so there is no way for him to upgrade b/c I'm the "main" person on the plan so we would have to shell out some big bucks. Any ideas how to get a phone besides ebay? They are selling for over 350 bucks. I just thought I'd ask. If any one has some ideas or other places to buy let me know!
    Hey Karen,

I love your post, I too switched to the VZW 8330 a few weeks ago and can't believe I waited this long...oh well, better late then never. I'm also the primary person on a family plan and I was not due for an upgrade, but one of the other phones (my partner's) was due for an upgrade so we used her phone to upgrade my phone to the BB. I then gave her my Razr v9 which VZW changed to her phone number.

Bottom line, it may be able to upgrade your husband's phone to a BB...Just check with VZW.

BTW, I'm already a Crackberry addict and glad that I am!
    06-14-08 10:04 AM
    Need some clarification. kaspang78 said that she couldnt upgrade her husband's phone because she was the "main" person on the account. I understand that and have heard people say the same thing. Here's my situation and anyone please chime in with comments or explanations.

My girl and I are on one account. She's the primary and I'm the secondary. Now I've past my 2yrs and thought that I had an upgrade waiting for me. So people are saying that unless you are the primary line, you don't get upgrades. Now I log into the Verizon website as the primary account holder, it gives me the option to upgrade the phone of the secondary line. So as far as I know, additional lines can upgrade but everyone else seems to say otherwise.

Does that mean that only the primary person can upgrade other lines other than the primary or that only the primary line gets upgrades? So someone explain if theres a difference.
    Hi Sky,

You should have an upgrade waiting for you...even though your the secondary on the plan. Call VZW or stop in a store and they should take care of you.
    06-14-08 10:16 AM
    Hello and welcome to CRACKberry!!!
    06-14-08 11:37 AM
    welcome to the crack!
    06-17-08 01:17 AM
    welcome to the CB family
    06-17-08 01:21 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    06-20-08 01:15 PM
    Welcome to the last webpage you may ever go to again.
    06-20-08 01:21 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD