I saw where the city of Chicago is banning hand guns in the city limits.

and i've been following some of it....

I know in 2008 Heller v. DC the same type of thing got over turned @ the Supreme Court Level...

this should turn out to do one of two things for 2nd Amendment Activist....IMHO.....

1) it will start putting the head stone up, to bury Gun Laws
    2) it will start putting the head stone up, for guns in general

(please keep the discussion grown up and leave attacks out of it).
    03-03-10 12:16 PM
    I agree with your first statement that it could wind up that all gun control laws will eventually be overturned. Even though in Heller, it was stated that some laws are reasonable, the specifics were not spelled out. The Supreme Court likes to do this a lot, so subsequent cases are required to further define the law.

I don't agree with your second statement. I don't know the details of the Chicago law in particular, but a victory by the City is hardly a death knell for guns, considering how much gun control laws are being relaxed in general.
    03-03-10 12:47 PM
    I'm not a gun nut but I'm not opposed to guns either. H3ll, my roommate has an arsenal and is constantly buying new pieces.

That being said, I don't really understand the logic behind banning guns. It seems like these cases pop up every few months trying to ban guns from this or that.

Does it ever help? Does it prevent shootings? Does it keep guns out of criminal's hands?

No.

If someone really wants to murder another person, you don't need a gun. Sure it's convenient but even if these laws banning guns are put into effect, there are still plenty of other ways to obtain one apparently.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 03-03-10 at 12:58 PM.
    03-03-10 12:56 PM
    I think its stupid they try to ban guns. If there is a gun related death its usually from a unregister gun anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 06:23 PM
    As a gun owner (14) and an avid shooter I will never begin to understand why there
    are STILL so many alarmists views on this issue. People have been predicting the
    death of the Second Amendment forever and yet it, still stands.

If anything should die it is the NRA and the millions of people they continue to sell
    this load garbage. Well maybe not the people, but the mindset.
    03-03-10 07:24 PM
    The day the second amendment is removed from the constitution, I'm going to haul my **** up to go live with my cousin in Switzerland for a while until the embers of the revolution here have quieted down.
    Heck, I might just stay.
    03-04-10 06:01 AM
    Hopefully the 2nd Amendment won't end up dieing one day.

Like said above, usually criminals don't use registered guns anyway. They'll find a way to get one or use another means to kill someone.

Still seems there are people out there who have either forgotten the reason behind the 2nd Amendment or haven't a clue why it was added to the Constitution. Not just for the "right" to own a gun or for hunting. It was added for every law abiding citizen to be able to own a firearm and to be able to form militias incase the Government became too powerful.

But anyway, as the old saying goes, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD