Anyone know of a car charger that also has an fm transmitter built in?

I saw that there used to be one for available on Amazon - but it's no longer available.

Thoughts?
    03-03-10 10:27 AM
    I just got one off amazon, they are still there. Just change your search words, I searched blackberry play thru car stereo.

* couldn't find one either! keep checking back, maybe they are sold out..
    Last edited by garbagefairy1967; 03-03-10 at 10:37 AM.
    03-03-10 10:35 AM
    I'm actually using a charger, and a Jupiter Jack - not horrible. The problem is that the JJ tends to be somewhat dicey because it requires an adapter - doesn't plug right in to the Curve. If it did - it would probably be fine.
    03-03-10 11:16 AM
    There is one by Coby on amazon. It is the best FM transmitter I have ever had(went through 4 other brands and sent them back because the reception was horrible) and it also has an option to plug in a car charger.I have never had to change the frequency, unless I went very far from my city. It has a nice range of stations to choose from. I use it with my BB and Ipod.

Amazon.com: Coby CA-745 Wireless FM Car Transmitter with Digital Display and DC Car Cigarette Lighter Adapter: Electronics
    03-03-10 09:59 PM
    I like that Coby one.

as for another above poster - I saw the bracketed, goosneck arm adapters, but my wife's car (a jetta) the power outet is very recessed. I had bought a gooseneck bracket for her zune, and it gets jarred out of place pretty easy.

So the Coby is what I'm going with - thanks so much!
    03-03-10 10:13 PM

I ended up purchasing this one because of the gooseneck holder, however I just tried it and the high-pitched whine was horrendous. I have used several fm modulators (xm & zune) and neither had a such a bad whine. This was terrible. I tried different configurations & settings, but they all produced the same result.

So now I am considering some others and would like your opinions:

the Coby - Amazon.com: Coby CA-745 Wireless FM Car Transmitter with Digital Display and DC Car Cigarette Lighter Adapter: Electronics

the Griffin iTrip - Amazon.com: Griffin Itrip Auto Universal Plus Refresh FM transmitter and PowerJolt Auto Charging for Portable Audio Players: Electronics

a different Griffin iTrip (older/newer?) - Amazon.com: Griffin iTrip Universal FM Transmitter and Charger for MP3 Players: Electronics

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    03-15-10 12:41 PM
    03-15-10 01:00 PM
    I ended up purchasing this one because of the gooseneck holder, however I just tried it and the high-pitched whine was horrendous. I have used several fm modulators (xm & zune) and neither had a such a bad whine. This was terrible. I tried different configurations & settings, but they all produced the same result.

the Coby - Amazon.com: Coby CA-745 Wireless FM Car Transmitter with Digital Display and DC Car Cigarette Lighter Adapter: Electronics

the Griffin iTrip - Amazon.com: Griffin Itrip Auto Universal Plus Refresh FM transmitter and PowerJolt Auto Charging for Portable Audio Players: Electronics

a different Griffin iTrip (older/newer?) - Amazon.com: Griffin iTrip Universal FM Transmitter and Charger for MP3 Players: Electronics

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    The reviews on the Griffin products are terrible. I would look at them before you make a decision.
    03-15-10 08:41 PM

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    I had this one for awhile until i just bought a cd player with an aux input and bluetooth, so it was useless. It actually worked really well. The high pitched whine comes from the electrical current from the charger. If the hf jack and the charger port were on opposite sides of the phone you wouldnt have this problem. I just never charged my phone while playing music and it worked well. I would guess that every single transmitter is going to have the same problem.
    03-15-10 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD