Alright so now the big thing in the news is this Blackberry slider. So I'm confused, is the slider the Storm 3? Will it be it's own separate line of slider devices? Is this now the dakota?
    03-03-10 12:57 AM
    As far as I'm aware, there are three different touch-screen devices coming out:

- Storm 3 (no pic, no video, just a bunch of rumoured specs from a "reputable" source)..
    - BlackBerry with a slideout keyboard codenamed "Talladega" or "Mr. T"??? (Pictures only so far)
    - BlackBerry Dakota, a bold style phone with the smallest touchscreen of the three, and perhaps the largest keyboard and no trackpad. (Picture and video without OS)

Now, this begs the question, is RIM going to incorporate a touchscreen into every line they have? Can we expect to see a Pearl with a touch screen, for instance? How about the Curve?

How will this affect the upcoming OS6 (rumoured)? Obviously touchscreen navigation is a little different than trackball/pad navigation. Can we expect to see a shift towards more "gesture-friendly" UIs, or will it be the same basic idea with a homescreen and application grid menu? BlackBerry touchscreens are a little interesting, because it can go either way due to SurePress...

So many questions... THIS KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT!!!
    Last edited by Masahiro; 03-03-10 at 01:12 AM.
    03-03-10 01:07 AM
    As far as I'm aware, there are three different touch-screen devices coming out:

- Storm 3
    - BlackBerry with a slideout keyboard codenamed "Talladega" or "Mr. T"???
    - BlackBerry Dakota, a bold style phone with the smallest touchscreen of the three, and perhaps the largest keyboard and no trackpad.

Now, this begs the question, is RIM going to incorporate a touchscreen into every line they have? Can we expect to see a Pearl with a touch screen, for instance? How about the Curve?

How will this affect the upcoming OS6 (rumoured)? Obviously touchscreen navigation is a little different than trackball/pad navigation. Can we expect to see a shift towards more "gesture-friendly" UIs, or will it be the same basic idea with a homescreen and application grid menu? BlackBerry touchscreens are a little interesting, because it can go either way due to SurePress...

So many questions... THIS KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT!!!
    Well seeing as your location tells me you are Canadian, you and Crosby should go to RIM headquarters and demand answers. They gotta tell you, I mean you will be there with Crosby.
    03-03-10 01:10 AM
    Well seeing as your location tells me you are Canadian, you and Crosby should go to RIM headquarters and demand answers. They gotta tell you, I mean you will be there with Crosby.
    Haha. I should. I'll bring Luongo along to block the exit door so no one leaves!
    03-03-10 01:13 AM
    Haha. I should. I'll bring Luongo along to block the exit door so no one leaves!
    that will b funny if they tell you everything..
    03-03-10 01:23 AM
    just make sure the guy runs at luongo. he seemed to have a problem with easy catches on a couple occasions

back to topic: i thought it was the magnum that didnt have a trackball or pad. from what I heard the dakota was supposed to have both a touchscreen and a trackpad.
    03-03-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD