ok well i see and have looked at other threads about bold trackball issues but i need a solid answer.

My brother has a bold 9000 and the trackball is now giving issues. it is no problem to click a option but you cannot scroll down and it is extremely difficult to scroll left and right and up. it just rolls and rolls but does nothing 99% of the time. I would like to know what our options go as far is solving this issue is concerned. i have personally replaced the track balls in my berrys (8800 and 8300) and it is no issue but my bro would prefer a professional do the job and sadly here in Jamaica there are no professionals. we have shady phone repair guys but none seem to really know what is what. has anyone else had the issue and knows a fix or can recommend a fix or even temporary remedy. any help offered would be of great assistance. thank you!
    03-02-10 08:32 PM
    my girlfriend had the opposite of the problem she has the bold 9000 and it scrolls but doesnt click so we wont to an att place and the guy changed the ball and that didnt work because there was water damage to the motherboard where the ball clicks. she ordered a new board for the ball fomr the internet and now the phone clicks at times and doesnt at other times. in your case i would go to an att store like one of the small ones and ask them if they do trackball replacements thats the best bet unless he wants to get a new phone totally and he has in surance on it or gets a replacement
    03-02-10 08:57 PM
    ok well i see and have looked at other threads about bold trackball issues but i need a solid answer.

My brother has a bold 9000 and the trackball is now giving issues. it is no problem to click a option but you cannot scroll down and it is extremely difficult to scroll left and right and up. it just rolls and rolls but does nothing 99% of the time. I would like to know what our options go as far is solving this issue is concerned. i have personally replaced the track balls in my berrys (8800 and 8300) and it is no issue but my bro would prefer a professional do the job and sadly here in Jamaica there are no professionals. we have shady phone repair guys but none seem to really know what is what. has anyone else had the issue and knows a fix or can recommend a fix or even temporary remedy. any help offered would be of great assistance. thank you!
    The trackball replacement is a simple process, I would order the trackball and when given the opportunity change it.
    03-02-10 09:06 PM
    or you can apply hydrogen peroxide. 10-15 swabs in the direction that is not moving should work.
    03-02-10 09:16 PM
    I suggest a BB w/ a trackpad...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 09:56 PM
    You seriously do not need a professional to change the trackball. Just take your time. Watch a lot of vids on how to do it. I am no where near as "professional" as most of the people on here, but managed to change mine with no problems.

03-03-10 04:58 AM
    Cut a straw in half lengthwise, and stick it down in between trackball and silver ring, and run it around. Worked awesome for me, and gets a lot of dirt and stuff out. The straw should look like this ")" try it.

03-03-10 01:37 PM
    Ok found someone who comes highly recommended to look at the phone and the trackball is NOT the issue. The issue is the piece under the track ball with all the sensors. (It is the piece under the trackball assembly) that has the sensors for the trackball which seems to be the issue. I have found the part online and we will be ordering it soon and a new housing for the bold and my 8300. I will update the post when the phone get fixed. Thanks all for the help :-)

03-03-10 02:19 PM
    well minor update. the entire board is the issue. the trackball checks out as fine but the sensor things and board are screwed. the phone turns on and works fine except the trackball. so we are not sure what to do. guess he's gotta go back to his old pearl
    03-04-10 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD