Has anyone tried this SocialBeat app yet? I just rebooted my Storm and saw that the link was sitting there.
    03-02-10 11:09 AM
    I saw one other post but this is the first I am hearing about it. I believe it is preloaded on the 8530's.

I found this link � Social Beat for BlackBerry
    03-02-10 11:48 AM
    I saw that link too, I downloaded the app, it required a phone number, so I deleted it cuz I'm not trying to waste all my txt for an app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 11:50 AM
    How do you know it uses texts?
    03-02-10 12:07 PM
    well it said something about receiving updates that way, I tried removing the number but it wouldn't work.

03-02-10 12:16 PM
    Just got Social Beat pushed to my 9630/4.7.1.61.
    03-02-10 12:24 PM
    Just got Social Beat pushed to my 9630/4.7.1.61.
    Have you used it yet?

03-02-10 12:46 PM
    I saw in s2 forum it was being pushed, I will give it a try
    03-02-10 12:48 PM
    MINE WAS PUSHED OUT JUST NOW AS WELL...

I DONT USE ANY OF THOSE SOCIAL APPS BUT HERE ARE A COUPLE OF SCREEN SHOTS FOR THOSE INTERESTED.

I GUESS WHEN YOU GET AN UPDATE IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS..

Last edited by bigsupa; 03-02-10 at 01:09 PM.
    03-02-10 12:57 PM
    Have you used it yet?

No. i'm anti-social and cancelled by the network. i would give it a try if i used FB and Twitter though! Looking forward to reports from those who test it!

03-02-10 12:58 PM
    Chrisy, I think someone should make a dedicated thread for this, I noticed more and more are popping up...
    03-02-10 01:02 PM
    I use facebook and twitter, and google talk...but I don't know if ill use this, it doesn't look like it has all the features that the regular facebook app has (liking, inbox, pictures...)

03-02-10 01:03 PM
    @boman-it does. i played w it for a while, but went to IM+ Lite

03-02-10 02:39 PM
    Can anyone post the actually link that the icon takes you too for the actual app download? For whatever reason (and usually I don't complain), I NEVER get them.
    03-02-10 03:11 PM
    Can anyone post the actually link that the icon takes you too for the actual app download? For whatever reason (and usually I don't complain), I NEVER get them.
    http://vzwdl.iskoot.com/builds/bb/9530/SocialBeat.jad

03-02-10 03:13 PM
    http://vzwdl.iskoot.com/builds/bb/9530/SocialBeat.jad

Thanks!

/10char
    03-02-10 03:16 PM
    Played with it a bit. The UI is very very nice. Quite appealing to look at, crisp snappy responses on my Storm. Incorporates left/right swiping in all the right places. The carousel style toolbar at the top is incorporated better than any other app I've seen. Only hiccup with the UI that I found is when scrolling back to the top of a stream, there's a bit of shaking when it hits the top.

Twitter functionality is very basic. It allows you to @reply and retweet. There are a lot of features that could be added which many Twitter users have been accustomed to having at their fingertips (follow, unfollow, block, lists, etc..)

It has integrated Facebook pretty well. Poking around with it I haven't seen any method to post pics to Facebook. News Feeds and posting on Walls is seamless though. As well you can Like, Comment etc..

GoogleTalk integration has the typical buddy-list and maintains a list of all your chats separately. It allows you to set your availability status. Beyond that though, there doesn't seem to be any extra features, like the ability to add/remove contacts etc.

RSS works well. Lacks the ability to add a custom feed though. You're limited to the feeds pre-loaded which you can toggle on/off. I would rather it incorporated GoogleReader than just a bare bones RSS reader.

I have never touched MySpace so I can't comment on that.

Overall, SocialBeat has done a good job of incorporating multiple social mediums, and has built a very nice UI. I would just hope that it's a work in progress and that more features for each medium will be added to it.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 03-02-10 at 03:51 PM.
    03-02-10 03:48 PM
    It pushed to my Tour. I tried to download it, and when it installed, it wouldn't run because my phone is supposedly out of memory, which seems to happen too often with the Tour. What should I do?
    03-02-10 03:58 PM
    DO NOT REBOOT! If you reboot before removing the app, you'll get the 552 error!

You need to use either Desktop Manager, BBSAK, or on the device itself and remove the app. You should be able to remove it and your phone will boot up like before the error.

Sometimes removing the app isn't possible, with or without the 552 error. This happened to me.

If you cannot remove the app, you need to reload your OS. Then re-install your 3rd party apps. Hopefully you've made a device backup so you can restore your device data.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

03-02-10 04:16 PM
    I took it off and tried to reinstall. It said that I had to reboot to complete. It rebooted for 5 mins or so, shut down, and roobted again. It just shut down again! Do I need to reinstall?
    03-02-10 04:41 PM
    Crap! If you can get Desktop Manager to recognize your BlackBerry long enough, you can click on app loader and try to remove the app.

If not, and you have a bricked Berry, you need to go through the process of reloading your OS.

03-02-10 04:43 PM
    Hopefully we don't see many members "bricking" their devices installing this application...
    03-02-10 04:46 PM
    Feel like it needs a little more customization. I.E. I don't use MySpace or Google Talk so I'd like to delete those options from the top tab. Also more RSS feeds will have to happen. And of course Twitter addons like Lists and such. Great start though.
    03-02-10 05:34 PM
    Hopefully we don't see many members "bricking" their devices installing this application...

Too late! Lol. Took me an hour to get it back up and running. Won't try downloading this again until the 5.0 from Verizon is released, because I read on here that the 4.7 has had problems. Luckily I backed up my phone's contents before doing this.
    03-02-10 05:35 PM
    how funny, this link WORKS:

http://vzwdl.iskoot.com/builds/bb/9650/SocialBeat.jad

note the 9650 :P

9630 also works.
    03-02-10 05:36 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD