I hope I can explain this problem without confusing people. I go to my ringtone settings and select one that I want to be used for all callers. The problem is, is that the ring tone I choose isn't used. I looked at a couple of my contacts individually and it seems they all have a default ringtone selected for each individual contact. Now I know if I wanted to have a certain ringtone used for certain people I can go in there and change it but I don't want anyone to have there own ringtone. And when I put in new contacts I don't give them a certain ringtone. I just want the one I select to be the one for all callers and this is really pissing me off! It hasn't always done this. Just one day I heard my phone go off and I was like what the heck is that sound and it was someone calling me that always calls me and I usually hear my ring tone that I have selected but the phone somehow gave everyone the default ring tone. The only way I know to fix it is go to every contact and change their ring tone to the one I want and I am not doing that to all 1 million contacts in my phone! Any ideas on what the heck is going on? Thanks!
    03-01-10 11:32 PM
    sound profiles>set contact alerts and delete them from there. I dont know why it happens though, gets pretty annoying.
    03-01-10 11:37 PM
    I believe I've read that is a bug in the OS. It may be fixed by upgrading to the OS 5. While verizon has not released it, other carriers officially have and folks have used those other OS 5 versions on verizon.
    03-02-10 12:03 AM
    I have the same issue. I just make sure to set the ringtone to what I want to each new contact I enter into the device. It works but it's time consuming.
    03-02-10 05:11 AM
    Just wanted to post up and say thanks for the info. Still goofy, but at least I've got my default tone the way I want it.
    03-16-10 10:23 PM
    I have OS 5 with my Tour. Same problem and very annoying. Sometimes i don't even realize it is my phone that rings. I want to smash it to the wall.
    Any answers yet?
    03-21-10 06:06 PM
    This is pretty lame, there seems to be many posts about this same issue. My biggest problem is when the phone will ring in the holster even though the settings say not to. Any ideas on fixing this yet?

Thanks
    04-13-10 11:19 AM
    sound profiles>set contact alerts and delete them from there. I dont know why it happens though, gets pretty annoying.
    This is the best answer. When you delete the contacts from here you shouldn't have any other ringtones than the 1 you choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 12:55 PM
    I have deleted all of the contacts that were listed in there. I will wait and see if it makes a difference. Some of the people that have called when the ringtone didn't work right were not in the list, but maybe that doesn't matter. I will leave feedback after I receive some calls.
    04-13-10 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD