A couple here in AZ had been through 4 phones (enV Touch) that all freezed up when trying to text.
    VZW said there was nothing more they could do. The couple called the news program, and BOOM, they get two new, different phones! Lmao
    Good job VZW!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 10:22 PM
    You do have 30 days to try out a device and you even have the chance to switch within the 30 days once. This policy was removed since it was SO abused.
    03-01-10 10:37 PM
    Well, apparently it is reinstated if you get the news involved and threaten VZW with bad press. Hahahahahaha

03-01-10 11:45 PM
    Its easier to shut them up with new device and come out the hero, then to deal with those types of people.
    03-02-10 02:47 AM
    I bet their account is nice and remarked up
    03-02-10 03:23 AM
    03-02-10 03:24 AM
    03-02-10 03:26 AM
    Its easier to shut them up with new device and come out the hero, then to deal with those types of people.
    Bad attitude, dude! What the heck do you mean by "those types of people?" The couple ended up with what they pay for and deserve...phone and text service that works. Too bad they had to go through the media to get it.

So VZW replaced the devices multiple times and the problem still persisted. Common sense says the device is at least partly to blame. Upgrading the device to one that actually works confirms. If you do a little research, you'll find these good folks aren't the only ones having trouble with the device in question.
    03-02-10 07:25 AM
    I love when customers go into a cell phone carrier and because they don't get what they want, they threaten the company with bad press. Having worked in tech support for a cell phone carrier, it is very rare that a customer will have the EXACT same issue on a phone caused by the EXACT same thing.

Usually freezing while texting is caused by too many text messages or saved information on the device. When a phone freezes while you are texting, its because there are too many messages saved on the phone. This wears on phone memory. How many times have I seen people with hundreds of saved messages, pics, music, etc on this particular model of phone, wondering why it is freezing.

The point is that the phones were still functioning properly and a FEATURE of the phone was not working. In this instance VZW could have given credits to the customer for the time that text messaging was not working. They also could have offered the customer the 1 or 2 year sales price on a better model phone. They did not need to give out brand new phones for free. This is the reason they are struggling in their sales numbers now.

This story was very abbreviated. There are TWO sides to every story. I can guarantee you that this account is marked to high heaven now. This sets a bad precedent because now if these customers have another issue with their phone, they'll just threaten to go to the press again to get what they want.

Corporate policies and procedure are in place for a reason, whether the customer threatens to tell the press or not. VZW also deserves a slap on the wrist for not standing by their own. All they had to do was explain that the multi-fru policy was discontinued because customers abused it in the first place.
    03-02-10 08:22 AM
    I love when customers go into a cell phone carrier and because they don't get what they want, they threaten the company with bad press. Having worked in tech support for a cell phone carrier, it is very rare that a customer will have the EXACT same issue on a phone caused by the EXACT same thing.

Usually freezing while texting is caused by too many text messages or saved information on the device. When a phone freezes while you are texting, its because there are too many messages saved on the phone. This wears on phone memory. How many times have I seen people with hundreds of saved messages, pics, music, etc on this particular model of phone, wondering why it is freezing.

The point is that the phones were still functioning properly and a FEATURE of the phone was not working. In this instance VZW could have given credits to the customer for the time that text messaging was not working. They also could have offered the customer the 1 or 2 year sales price on a better model phone. They did not need to give out brand new phones for free. This is the reason they are struggling in their sales numbers now.

This story was very abbreviated. There are TWO sides to every story. I can guarantee you that this account is marked to high heaven now. This sets a bad precedent because now if these customers have another issue with their phone, they'll just threaten to go to the press again to get what they want.

Corporate policies and procedure are in place for a reason, whether the customer threatens to tell the press or not. VZW also deserves a slap on the wrist for not standing by their own. All they had to do was explain that the multi-fru policy was discontinued because customers abused it in the first place.
    If I had the same problem I would have called CS. I do not see that these folks made the call to CS, just went into the store. If the issue is so basic and easily remedied, why was it not diagnosed and fixed at the store? There may be some fault on both sides here, but if VZW retail personnel had been able to remedy the situation and fix the problem, the issue would have never escalated. How do you mark this up?
    03-02-10 08:40 AM
    Sometimes steps must be taken to get a reolution. I do not agree with bringing press in but they should have exhausted all opinions through verizon customer service
    03-02-10 09:21 AM
    We change the policy yet the system is still being abused! Awesome!
    03-02-10 09:34 AM
    We change the policy yet the system is still being abused! Awesome!
    Maybe the policy should include a call to CS from the store if they cannot resolve the issue.
    03-02-10 09:41 AM
    I love when customers go into a cell phone carrier and because they don't get what they want, they threaten the company with bad press.
    In this instance it was more than a threat.
    03-02-10 09:49 AM
    Really? 4 phones each...same problem? I call user error. I have friends with the EnV Touch, and they have hundreds of messages without a problem. My wife has the EnV3, never a problem. Maybe they just a horrible batch, but still...
    03-02-10 09:54 AM
    Really? 4 phones each...same problem? I call user error. I have friends with the EnV Touch, and they have hundreds of messages without a problem. My wife has the EnV3, never a problem. Maybe they just a horrible batch, but still...
    I agree with you that it might be users error. But if that were the case, why didn't a VZW rep at the store take a few minutes to explain how to use the phone? I don't know anything about the EnV3, but if it was a matter of a simple procedure or a setting on the phone it shouldn't have been too difficult for the VZW rep to walk the customer through it or suggest a different phone.
    03-02-10 10:00 AM
    OK...let's say a user does not know how to use his phone. He brings it into the store and is handed another one...4 times. Sounds like the store has trained the customer to keep coming back rather than how to use the phone.
    03-02-10 10:00 AM
    Maybe the policy should include a call to CS from the store if they cannot resolve the issue.
    I agree! However, some in-store reps find it a task to call C/S.
    03-02-10 10:01 AM
    I didn't have to call the media. I went through 4 Storm 1's in a couple months because of various issues. A couple of weeks ago Verizon gave me a "warranty upgrade" to a Storm 2. So far the Storm 2 work flawless with no battery pulls.

I got bashed in another thread for wanting something that works and was told I just wanted a free upgrade. That was far from the truth. I am happy to say that Verizon has now taken care of my issue and am once again a happy customer. Thanks Verizon for taking care of me.
    03-02-10 10:15 AM
    Going forward, people should be required to have technology licenses to purchase certain devices. Furthermore, those licences should include subcategories like smartphones, multi-media phones, etc. And, the tech companies should have an outside quality ensurer to verify the quality of their build. These tech quality and educational control centers should be run by pre-adolecent teens who really know the answers because the adults cannot take responsibilty for themselves to learn and educate on their own.

03-02-10 10:49 AM
    Going forward, people should be required to have technology licenses to purchase certain devices. Furthermore, those licences should include subcategories like smartphones, multi-media phones, etc. And, the tech companies should have an outside quality ensurer to verify the quality of their build. These tech quality and educational control centers should be run by pre-adolecent teens who really know the answers because the adults cannot take responsibilty for themselves to learn and educate on their own.
    Outstanding post!
    03-02-10 11:00 AM
    Last August I had my upgrade and I chose the ENVTouch. Prior to this phone I had the Env2 I had had all the env phones on the line. Liked them a lot. A few weeks into the having the phone my gmail was acting up. I clear everything out of my phone. I did have photos saved but I don't save text messages or anything like that, emails. All erased. It was an issue on the network's side along with issues with Hotmail MSN and Yahoo. They were fixed but Google was still an issue. I was offered to take another device and I was offered to make the switch to a BB and they would credit me the 35.00 restocking fee. I had been in the store and my phone had been checked out and I had also called Customer Care. I was given another Touch but the problem still was an issue. I could not get email.
    Upon making the switch to the BB everything was fine. Email, texting, no issues.
    I was never nasty when talking to them. I didn't ask for another device but am glad they made the offer. I was within 4 days of my 30 days being up and they didn't know when the Google issue would be resolved. My notebook was acting up as well and in repair 3 times and I needed a way to have my email. I am glad I made the switch to a BB because I ended up with a laptop issue for over a month. So phone issues and notebook issues were hitting me at the same time.
    I sold wireless for over 3 years and people did try to take advantage of the fru.
    And unfortunately for those who don't take advantage this hits them hard when there is an issue and it isn't their fault. And to not speak unkindly about remarks made about this couple in Phoenix......they are friends of friends of mine and there issues were real. They weren't trying to get free phones just for getting another model. And they weren't saving all the texting on their phones. There phones indeed were not working properly. So unless you know the complete issue it isn't nice to make remarks . Also, there are employees in every company that will work better for the customer than others. I try to give the best possible customer service to resolve an issue for a customer no matter what it may be. I have seen some reps who don't care and have seen reps who really do care about the service they give. And if someone can't get an issue resolved then they might have to take steps to get it done. And they even stated all the years they were with Verizon they never had an issue till these phones. I saw the spot on the news too. And my friend had told me about it too. So don't be so harsh on these people.
    03-02-10 11:36 AM
    Bad attitude, dude! What the heck do you mean by "those types of people?" The couple ended up with what they pay for and deserve...phone and text service that works. Too bad they had to go through the media to get it.

So VZW replaced the devices multiple times and the problem still persisted. Common sense says the device is at least partly to blame. Upgrading the device to one that actually works confirms. If you do a little research, you'll find these good folks aren't the only ones having trouble with the device in question.
    I mean "those type of people" that complain to get their way. I had a lady on the phone yesterday with the exact same problem, enV Touch, would freeze anytime she tried to text, anytime she switched screens, didn't matter, got it working just fine after troubleshooting. Since we don't know the full sides of the stories, its hard to say what was done or not done. Talking to a sup, e-mailing them, writing them, would have gotten the same results;getting a new phone. They did not have to use crybaby tactics. They just wanted to cause a fuss and get some publicity.
    03-02-10 11:48 AM
    And they got a Samsung Rogue...ew. I hate the resistive touch screens and the back cover is fulgy.
    03-02-10 01:41 PM
    I don't think they were after a free device, however, I do believe there had to have been some form of user ignorance. I think vzw could have resolved the situation long before the news got involved, by simply educating the customers on how to use the device. Although this would have required vzw to recongnize that the customer simply needed some coaching on the "how to's" of the device. Either way, the multi fru was utilized and apparently fixed the issue.

03-03-10 12:10 AM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD