Both Android and BlackBerry have their strengths and weaknesses, so it seems logical to carry both devices and use each device for the tasks it is best at.
    For example, I use an antiquated BlackBerry 8700g for calls, email, google talk and twitter, and an Android device (Samsung i5700 Galaxy Spica) for web browsing, GPS navigation, videos, apps and tinkering (I'm a programmer, so I like to tinker things).

Such a setup seems logical to me, but I wonder if anyone else have similar tastes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 04:08 PM
    Yep, I have a mytouch and a 9700. Use the mytouch for web browsing and apps, and the 9700 for calls, email, text, etc.
    03-01-10 04:19 PM
    9630 for everything business, emails, calls, calendar and texting, and a HERO for apps and to surf the web.
    03-01-10 07:00 PM
    Droid and a Storn2 here. Both have their pros/cons.
    03-01-10 07:03 PM
    I cant even imagine what it would be like to carry two phones on me, but I do miss my blackberry =( I switched for the Droid Eris, but I really miss pin to pin messaging and just the nice clean look of the blackberry os... but I do love the droid for the web and apps.. if only the blackberry and android os could have a love child... I'd buy that phone.
    03-01-10 08:14 PM
    I have my eris, a work blackberry (old thumb wheel model. FML) and a rugged sprint flip phone. Also a laptop for work and netbook for me when I'm out of town.

03-01-10 08:29 PM
    For those that carry both, do you keep your Blackberry data plan? Or do you have a generic data plan to satisfy both?

I assume you need to have the BB plan to keep BIS emails and what not.

Therefore, Android is "OK" running on a BB data plan?

Thanks.
    03-02-10 02:52 PM
    I carry a 9700, DROID, and Pre Plus....9700 is the best of course
    03-02-10 02:57 PM
    For those that carry both, do you keep your Blackberry data plan? Or do you have a generic data plan to satisfy both?

I assume you need to have the BB plan to keep BIS emails and what not.

Therefore, Android is "OK" running on a BB data plan?

Thanks.
    each device requires a separate data plan. And the devices are provisioned VIA the codes attached with that plan. And the plans are unique for BB, android, dumb phone, etc.

03-02-10 03:01 PM
    each device requires a separate data plan. And the devices are provisioned VIA the codes attached with that plan. And the plans are unique for BB, android, dumb phone, etc.

Ah okay.. I wonder what people on AT&T are using for Android then. Unlocked phones with no "Android plan."

I'll search around. Although AT&T is getting the Moto Backflip this week I think.
    03-02-10 03:06 PM
    BlackBerry Data plan will work on any unlocked smartphone....just not the other way around
    03-02-10 03:09 PM
    And I think AT&T has a generic data plan as well that can be used for like winmo and palm devices. That should work.

03-02-10 03:13 PM
    And I think AT&T has a generic data plan as well that can be used for like winmo and palm devices. That should work.

Yup they do but if it comes up in the system that you are using an iPhone with a blackberry data plan or even a Windows Mobile phone you will get an email and text telling you that you have the wrong data for the device you are using and call them to change it or you will be subject to data charges. They are really starting to crack down on using phones with different data packages than the one that's for your device. I understand why they do it, but at the same time I don't see what they just don't have a provision in their packages where it is ok for you to use several phones with the same data especially since they are all the same price. I could see if I has a 15 dollar medianet plan for some garbage phone and then popped the SIM into my iPhone. Obviously, they have their reasons, but it still blows for us that change devices frequently.
    03-02-10 03:49 PM
    Obviously, carrying both BlackBerry and Android requires 2 separate data plans. BB uses either BIS or BES, Android works with generic data plan. My BB and Android use data plans from two different carriers, actually.

03-02-10 06:32 PM
    I carry both but my 9700 is my main device. I find myself more on my my Nexus 1. I love the N1 more than blackberry and see myself going all the way with Android in the near future.
    03-02-10 06:39 PM
    a droid and a blackberry ... blackberry only because its my works leash on me.
    03-02-10 08:10 PM
    i carry a Cliq and 9700..like everyone else said, both have their pros and cons..if i could get a Nexus id prob be even happier tho

damn BBM got a hold on me too lol
    03-03-10 04:11 PM
    I carry the Droid and S2. If it wasn't for BBM....
    03-03-10 06:19 PM
    Currently carrying a Droid and an S2. I own the S2 and its hooked up to my companies BES. Im lobbying them to open the ports on our our exchange server so I can use the Droid exclusively.
    03-04-10 08:16 AM
    I thought about it, but once I got used to my Moto Droid, I saw no use in having a $29.00 + $9.99 charge on my plan to cary my Storm 1 as well. Right now my Storm1 is setting in my desk collecting dust.
    03-04-10 08:49 AM
    I have a storm 2 for all work related things and a droid. I find I use the droid more and more. Love the web browsing on the droid.

03-04-10 10:18 AM
    I have droid and storm 2, but don't use them at same time... I can't afford 2 plans. Both do have their strengths and weaknesses tho.
    03-05-10 05:14 PM
    I carry a tour and an eris...basically the only reason I use the tour is email and bbm the Eris for everything else.

03-06-10 07:57 AM
    i dont, just thought id let yall know LOL! i put my tour down as soon as i got my droid, the tours for sale BTW, XD
    03-06-10 10:03 AM
    i dont, just thought id let yall know LOL! i put my tour down as soon as i got my droid, the tours for sale BTW, XD
    same here.... i was so dissapointed in the storm 2 i put it down the day the droid came out and have not picked it up since.
    03-06-10 01:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD