I originally posted this in the "Storm2 Problems" thread, but I've gotten no responses so I was hoping I might be able to find my answer somewhere else.

This is kind of a general Suretype question, I've searched and searched, and used the options that it gives you when you're making a new thread, and still don't have an answer.

Anyway, here's my question:

This isn't the only word, but this is my example as it is probably the most common. When using Suretype, I was trying to type "serious" I accidentally typed out a word "seei". I hit the first four letters then accidentally hit enter. Now whenever I type "are" or "see", which many of you know you commonly have to figure out which one you want of the two, or anything after that, I get an option for "seei", which is not a word. It has not been added to my custom dictionary, but it is there when I'm typing. Is there anyway to get rid of this word so I don't have to scroll past it (and sometimes I still accidentally click on it)?

Thanks for any help! This is really annoying me.
    03-01-10 10:14 AM
    BUMP

It's been almost a month with no replies or help, so if anyone out there knows how to delete these words that aren't real words, and aren't in the custom dictionary, but somehow show up as suggested words in SureType...your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

As you can see, this has been bothering me for quite some time!
    03-23-10 11:28 AM
    you might not be able to get rid of it....the phone learns words from your typing, if you screw up enough it will learn those too. I dont know how to edit that database
    03-23-10 12:02 PM
    I posted in another thread about this same issue, I'm sick of my phone thinking my name is 'Hlitch'.
    03-23-10 12:06 PM
    i can type you name fine on my phone?
    03-23-10 12:17 PM
    I've had the same problem a few times. The only way I fixed it is to clear your whole Custom Dictionary.
    03-23-10 12:21 PM
    Thanks everyone...I was kind of afraid of that. Sometimes they appear in my custom dictionary, and sometimes they don't. There are words like "witg" and "seei" that show up when I'm typing, but aren't in the custom dictionary. I wonder if deleting the whole dictionary would help that out (even for the words that aren't in there)?

Still, if anyone ever figures out how to delete this database, please let me know!
    03-23-10 02:09 PM
    Thanks everyone...I was kind of afraid of that. Sometimes they appear in my custom dictionary, and sometimes they don't. There are words like "witg" and "seei" that show up when I'm typing, but aren't in the custom dictionary. I wonder if deleting the whole dictionary would help that out (even for the words that aren't in there)?

Still, if anyone ever figures out how to delete this database, please let me know!

It will. I just figured this out myself. Long story but I posted a thread here about it. Wiping out the custom dictionary gives you a clean slate. I don't know why it doesn't add the words so we can see them and delete just the ones we no longer want...but it doesn't. Hmm...is that an OS issue...or by design....
    03-23-10 02:44 PM
    OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Matt I made the mistake once typing in landscape, so I switched back to portrait to delete it and it saved it as one of those italic words. One of the 'we're not sure if this is a word, so we'll wait til you use it again to add it to the dictionary'. Lone behold another time typing my name, I accidentally hit that stupid word and it became a full out bolded regular choice word, that of course gets alphabetically prioritized over Glitch. But thank you whoever figured that out. Everytime I see that word it makes me want to cry. Glad I'll never have to see it again!

EDIT: Nooo it's still there!!! It won't go away!

Double Edit: Nevermind, I had it in my AutoText to correct to 'Glitch' whenever typed. Deleted the AutoText entry and all is well. Thank you!
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 03-23-10 at 02:53 PM.
    03-23-10 02:49 PM
    It will. I just figured this out myself. Long story but I posted a thread here about it. Wiping out the custom dictionary gives you a clean slate. I don't know why it doesn't add the words so we can see them and delete just the ones we no longer want...but it doesn't. Hmm...is that an OS issue...or by design....
    HOLY H E L L!!! Thank you so much, this really helped me out. FINALLY! I wonder why they make it so difficult? But thanks again to all who responded!!! That has been annoying me for far too long
    03-24-10 05:13 PM
    Here's the real question...how do you clear the custom dictionary on BES...?
    03-24-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD