I found a cool scanner app in the BB App World, and have been trying it for about a week. A few days later I found BBScanner in the CrackBerry App Store. This looks like the same app. Why the different name in the 2 different stores?
    03-01-10 09:05 AM
    Same thing
    03-01-10 09:17 AM
    Going to RR Mobile works also..
    03-01-10 09:20 AM
    Going to RR Mobile works also..
    It seems like this site has more frequencies available than either of the two above. Now if they only had a free BB app as well ...
    03-01-10 09:33 AM
    I found a cool scanner app in the BB App World, and have been trying it for about a week. A few days later I found BBScanner in the CrackBerry App Store. This looks like the same app. Why the different name in the 2 different stores?
    Yep, both versions are the same.

In order to get the app accepted into AppWorld I had to rename the app, RIM didn't like the fact that the name BBScanner contained "BB" so I renamed the version in AppWorld to "Scanner Radio".
    03-01-10 10:08 AM
    It seems like this site has more frequencies available than either of the two above. Now if they only had a free BB app as well ...
    The online scanners available via RadioReference.com should be identical to the ones available in the app.

Besides hosting online scanner audio, RadioReference.com is also a gigantic frequency database, their database contains frequencies and system information for many many systems and areas for which online scanner audio isn't available (due to a lack of volunteers).

-- Gordon
    03-01-10 10:12 AM
    Yep, both versions are the same.

In order to get the app accepted into AppWorld I had to rename the app, RIM didn't like the fact that the name BBScanner contained "BB" so I renamed the version in AppWorld to "Scanner Radio".
    Do you make more money per sale through the BB app store, or the ShopCrackberry store? I'll buy it through whichever store makes you more money.

Interestingly the BB App World version is more up-to-date right now than the ShopCrackberry version. Usually BB App World is way behind (QuickLaunch and BeBuzz are 2 apps I can think of right now.)
    03-01-10 10:41 AM
    Do you make more money per sale through the BB app store, or the ShopCrackberry store? I'll buy it through whichever store makes you more money.
    I make more per sale from people that get it directly from my site (bbscanner.com) followed by AppWorld and Mobihand, and then ShopCrackberry (which uses Mobihand's inventory).

Interestingly the BB App World version is more up-to-date right now than the ShopCrackberry version. Usually BB App World is way behind (QuickLaunch and BeBuzz are 2 apps I can think of right now.)
    If you're seeing version 1.7.9.1 in AppWorld, it's actually the same as version 1.7.9. I made a mistake when checking the OS 4.6 version of Scanner Radio into AppWorld and the only way to correct it was to bump the release number to get the corrected version into the store, it's really the same as version 1.7.9 which is in CrackBerry's store and available from my site.
    03-01-10 10:47 AM
    Could you get a local PD freq. on your scanner? I would buy it then, but the closest thing to me is like 15-20mi in any direction.
    03-01-10 10:57 AM
    Could you get a local PD freq. on your scanner? I would buy it then, but the closest thing to me is like 15-20mi in any direction.
    The only way to use the app to listen to your local police department then is if someone in your area volunteers to use their scanner to provide audio for the RadioReference.com web site (where the app gets the majority of its audio).

-- Gordon
    03-01-10 10:59 AM
    ok, gotcha.
    03-01-10 11:00 AM
    Awesome app, been using it for months and it's well worth the money! The developer is very active and that means the app is constantly improving.
    03-01-10 11:28 AM
    my fav app i paid for is bbscanner, i use it all the time
    03-01-10 11:51 AM
    I agree 100% with all comments, Gordan is constantly upgrading the App. and when there is an issue, hes very good at getting back to you and trying to figure out whats goin on.
    03-01-10 03:45 PM
    I also can say what a great app it is and it is one of the few I've actually spent money on. Listen to it all the time at home when I'm bored or surfing the 'net.
    03-01-10 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD