I like many have had problems with the green call button, bottom keys, and just a hard or inconsistant screen overall. I saw the thread about the tough screen demo and decided to take off my screen protector to see (for the first time).

Once I took it off and cleaned my device, I noticed the screen changed dramatically! Its actually soft and very bouncy!!!

I decided to make this a thread on its own since its such an important find! Hopefully this will prevent people from trying to open or modify their device.

Hope this tidbit of info helps! Give it a try! You'll be surprised!
    03-01-10 07:37 AM
    awesome - what exactly were you using to clean with? did you put the protector back on afterwards?
    03-01-10 07:48 AM
    So the protector you were using covered the bottom button aswell? Did you put the protector back on after cleaning screen?
    03-01-10 07:51 AM
    a damp cloth. It took a while cause my protector was on there solid for a long time. But a lightly damp cloth is good so long as you squeeze it hard enough to make sure no water gets on the screen. I just did it about an hour ago and I probably wont put another screen protector back on

Actually, the bottom buttons were exposed with the protector on. But it still made the screen harder to press
    03-01-10 07:52 AM
    I've always operated under the assumption that if I were to do any damage my screen, it's gonna be in a way that a screen protector isn't going to help. While there is always a risk of dropping my phone and cracking the screen, I have learned after owning a S1 and now an S2, that the glass is pretty resistant to scratching, so I choose just to leave it "naked". I do find the screen is overall much more responsive with no protector on it.
    03-01-10 07:54 AM

Having a screen protector on the storm is pointless.
    03-01-10 08:27 AM

Having a screen protector on the storm is pointless.
    I wish I would have seen this before spending the bucks at Best Buy to put one on!!!
    03-01-10 09:35 AM
    On a separate note, I just took my case off and it works better than ever! I think this device works at its optimal when caseless and with no screen protector
    03-04-10 06:50 AM
    On a separate note, I just took my case off and it works better than ever! I think this device works at its optimal when caseless and with no screen protector
    Got the full body "InvisiShield" on my S2 and love it, no bulky case yet protects the body from scratching.
    03-04-10 07:16 AM
    Having sticky bottom buttons is better than getting frequent fingerprint smudges on the screen for me.

Smudge/Screen protector stays on
    03-04-10 07:19 AM
    Agree with no screen protector for sure, but I use the clear "skins" to protect the battery cover and sides from scratches. Skinning the battery door gives it a nice smooth texture

*As a side note:

You can buy the metal battery doors on ebay for $10. I bought an extra one because I had my original one personalized by engraving my name on it
    03-04-10 07:24 AM
    I use the cloth that came with my HD LCD to clean my screen - works great!
    03-04-10 07:36 AM
    It's actually ironic that we cover such a beautiful device with a Case / glove / skin to protect it.

I using to Otterbox Defender and my S2 is like new, but I can only enjoy the full beauty of my S2 when I do a battery pull.

Well, it's just the way it is.
    03-04-10 09:59 AM
    I would love to use the Otter Commuter Case, but there seems to be too many issues with the lower buttons not working; apparently it fits too tight. I keep my S2 in my shirt pocket and I use the BB skin, but it can be a hassle getting it in and out of my pocket; that Commuter Case would slid in nice and looks GREAT!
    I use no screen protector and haven't really had an issue with the buttons...if it is on a flat surface, once in a while, it may not push the first time, but normally it works fine the second press.
    03-04-10 10:36 AM
    I've always operated under the assumption that if I were to do any damage my screen, it's gonna be in a way that a screen protector isn't going to help. While there is always a risk of dropping my phone and cracking the screen, I have learned after owning a S1 and now an S2, that the glass is pretty resistant to scratching, so I choose just to leave it "naked". I do find the screen is overall much more responsive with no protector on it.
    You know, I used Purell to clean the screen. 1 drop will totally clean it. Also, its not water.
    03-04-10 10:38 AM
    I have been saying this for a while. You don't need a protector. And since I took nine off 4 months ago the screen is way more responsive. The protecters get in the way of the touchscreen. Take it off and try your screen out..its so much better without one. The screen doesn't scratch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 10:42 AM
    i use a protector not to protect the screen from damage, but to greatly lessen fingerprints and other smudges. they don't show as bad with the protector on as they do with bare glass.
    03-04-10 10:44 AM
    I am well aware of my klutzy tendencies and invested in a hard case for my Storm about a week after I got it, but I am now convinced that using it in the case is contributing to issues with the screen locking up and becoming unresponsive. I've taken it out of the case to use when I'm at home and noticed that screen issues practically disappear when the phone is not in the case. I'm probably going to ditch the hard case and just invest in a gel skin to reduce slippage when handling it...
    03-04-10 10:47 AM
    I would love to use the Otter Commuter Case, but there seems to be too many issues with the lower buttons not working; apparently it fits too tight. I keep my S2 in my shirt pocket and I use the BB skin, but it can be a hassle getting it in and out of my pocket; that Commuter Case would slid in nice and looks GREAT!
    I use no screen protector and haven't really had an issue with the buttons...if it is on a flat surface, once in a while, it may not push the first time, but normally it works fine the second press.
    It's not the case, it's the screen protector that comes with it. Also, not everyone experiences the problem. I did & when I called them a couple of weeks ago about it, they said that they are aware of the problem & are developing new screen protectors. In the mean time they told me to cut off the bottom of the current one. That worked for me.

If you like the case, get it. It is a good case & IF you have the problem it is fixable.
    03-04-10 01:21 PM
    I have been saying this for a while. You don't need a protector. And since I took nine off 4 months ago the screen is way more responsive. The protecters get in the way of the touchscreen. Take it off and try your screen out..its so much better without one. The screen doesn't scratch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Try this, I was in a dust storm with my phone in my pocket and walked around for about an hour with a bit of sand in my pocket and it totally scratched up my screen to the point where I could barely read what was on the screen.

Take a knife or whatever that guy used in the video posted a few entries back and scratch as hard as you can, you'll break the screen before you scratch it. Do the same thing to a window and tell me what happens.

Only certain things can scratch glass. Metal is not one of them
    03-04-10 02:47 PM
    Having sticky bottom buttons is better than getting frequent fingerprint smudges on the screen for me.

Smudge/Screen protector stays on
    I'm all about your sticky bottom buttons!
    03-04-10 09:33 PM
    You know, I used Purell to clean the screen. 1 drop will totally clean it. Also, its not water.
    I use eye glass cleaner and it works GREAT; and it's cheap!
    03-04-10 09:56 PM
    I can't believe I am using a SP now . . . that video should put all SP makers out of business
    03-05-10 08:48 AM
    The best combo for me is the screen protector from best skins ever and a resin case from epik. I was using the commuter but it was too bulky and the bottom buttons were not working with the provided screen protector. The epik case fits like a glove and I don't even notice that it is there. Plus they are cheap I ordered mine and one for my wife's curve and it was $16 shipped.
    03-05-10 10:09 AM
    I used to have the same problem with the touch too wasn't very responsive, but when I removed the screen film and changed the hard case with a rubber case now is the phone is a lot better, seems like the hard case make the phone too tight...
    03-05-10 12:40 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD