My trackball went through a stage of 'double clicking' whenever I pressed it. (i.e. if I opened a menu it would also select the highlighted option in one click).

Now it has gone to the other extreme and I have to push VERY hard to get it to click. There are no issues with scrolling.

I am picking this is not a diry trackball issue as I imagine the click is something on the circuit board? Can I fix this myself without needing too much technical know how?

Cheers
    03-01-10 02:12 AM
    You can try cleaning it yourself. Take out the battery, turn it over (face down, carefully), press in the trackball and roll it around vigorously. That usually helps me with such issues.

Chris
    03-01-10 02:18 AM
    Hey thanks Chris. That was real easy. I was envisaging either a big disaster taking it apart or a big battle with my carrier.
    03-01-10 02:41 AM
    Just replace it. It's very cheap (ebay) and easy to do. Many Youtube videos to walk you through it. I've replaced mine a few times.
    03-01-10 08:35 AM
    How many times have you had to replace the trackball? Mine seems to stick about every day and then will loosen up. Very temperamental!
    03-01-10 09:23 AM
    How many times have you had to replace the trackball? Mine seems to stick about every day and then will loosen up. Very temperamental!
    Two times, but one time was just to change the color, not because there was something wrong with it.
    03-01-10 09:40 AM
    hydrogen peroxide can be useful as well. apply 10-15 swabs of H202 to get the clicking to function normally.
    03-01-10 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD