I had a problem with my phone re-starting when putting it down. (I mentioned it in this thread) The replacement phone I sent had the same problem, so I was thinking maybe it was the battery, since they had me use the old battery in the new phone.

Verizon gave me a new battery, and while it's only been a day, so far so good.

Has anybody had experience with the contacts of the battery somehow breaking, possibly due to battery pulls? Is that possible? It's not like I did it every day. Maybe once every week since July.
    02-28-10 07:27 PM
    I do a battery swap just about every day, since my battery doesn't last all day. I haven't noticed a problem with either battery so far.
    02-28-10 07:38 PM
    The only issues I've had when doing a battery pull is that on reboot the screen would just stay blank(white) and it would say "Upload Software" which I tried to do but the VZW rep. said the phone was bricked and wouldn't be able to do the software upload. I've had 3 refurbished Tour phones from Verizon and they all have had to be replaced due to this problem.
    03-01-10 08:26 AM
    It certainly can't be doing any good for the phone for the contacts on the device and battery to wear. Unless you actually need to replace the battery like Jeff is doing, I would avoid it.

The 3 fingered salute seems to work for almost everything.
    03-01-10 08:29 AM
    I usually do the left alt+shift+del, I don't know if its the same as a batt pull but it does a hard reset.
    03-01-10 09:39 AM
    It certainly can't be doing any good for the phone for the contacts on the device and battery to wear. Unless you actually need to replace the battery like Jeff is doing, I would avoid it.

The 3 fingered salute seems to work for almost everything.
    I agree. Some people recommend a regular preventive maintenance battery pull, but I don't. A soft reset recovers just as much memory and prevents wear and electrical stress to your BlackBerry. Unless the keyboard is locked up, or you're swapping batteries, I don't know any reason to do a battery pull without first trying a soft reset to see if it will clear the problem.
    03-01-10 09:50 AM
    I would say yes, eventually you may wear out the contacts. I use meter berry that has a reset utility built in, for free i used to use quickpull pro, until i won meter berry from crackberry, ( thx, go crackberry) this may eliminate the wear and tear on the contacts and the phone it self.
    03-01-10 09:52 AM
    the VZW rep. said the phone was bricked and wouldn't be able to do the software upload. I've had 3 refurbished Tour phones from Verizon and they all have had to be replaced due to this problem.
    Most reps are stupid. Bricked phones can have software reloaded

I would say yes, eventually you may wear out the contacts.
    This is correct and over time the contacts will wear.
    03-01-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD