Since last evening, my Curve on AT&T cannot connect to Yahoo Mail anylonger. I resent the service books but this did not help. I tried to revalidate the account but I get an error message, asking me to contact the service provider. I then deleted the Yahoo Mail account on the BlackBerry service and tried to set it up again from scratch. This does not work: after I enter the e-mail address and (correct!) password and click ok, I get an error message saying that an error occured during e-mail account validation.

Could this be caused by Yahoo's "upgrade" of their e-mail service? Anyone having the same problem?
    08-30-07 08:30 AM
    Does your Y! account has POP3 support?
    08-30-07 09:39 AM
    Does your Y! account has POP3 support?
    Yes, it is a "premium account" with POP3 support. In any case, it worked for weeks on my Curve but stopped working just last night.
    08-30-07 10:52 AM
    Same happened to me - been reading to see WTF is going on....from what I have read - BB changed their software wihich is causing a glitch with Yahoo / Yahoo business - most problems are with @Companydomain.com Yahoo business accounts. Yahoo is supposedly trying to solve but can't get a good answer - some have called Yahoo and BB and they are blaming each other.

I tried deleting through the BIS but nothing works - I wouldn't delete anything until instructed to do so.

Hang tight - it will get resolved but will be a PIA until it's all fixed.
    08-30-07 11:04 AM
    sbcglobal.net emails were affected as well in this whole yahoo mess, the only way to fix those ones was to delete from the BIS and re set them back up, anyone with sbcglobal.net were all gettin invalid email accounts and sent the messages.
    08-30-07 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD