So, now everyone is saying that the tour 2 is now scrapped for a new revamped bold right? The question remains, what happened to all those 9650's supposedly received in a NY VZW store? We haven't heard anything about sprint yet, so is it a possibility that all these tour 2's will just be rebranded and sold on the sprint network? There are no claims whatsoever from sprint reps and figured that since the tour 2 is already in their system that they still will release the phone.

i know it's a little tiny bit over the top, but it would be kind of hilarious if sprint got duped.
    02-26-10 10:23 PM
    the phones were sacrificed to the flying spaghetti monster
    02-27-10 02:49 AM

ummmm...ok - -* what the heck
    02-27-10 03:06 AM
    Kevin Smith ate them.
    02-27-10 08:20 AM
    i think they became self aware
    02-27-10 12:24 PM
    ..ramen...
    02-27-10 12:27 PM
    i think they became self aware
    I think that they went back to the future because we obviously were not ready for them yet.
    02-27-10 12:32 PM
    Kevin Smith ate them.
    OK, seriously laughed at this. That's actually an excellent theory, particularly for any phones in the NYC area.
    02-27-10 12:32 PM
    May be that's the reason why they return it(rebranding/changing name)?
    02-27-10 12:35 PM
    Who said it was verizon that scraped the phone? And if verizon scraped it and sprint was going to release it why haven't they already. They definitely already had phones ready for sprint.

If the phone has been scraped then it was most likely done by RIM but again I haven't seen anything remotely official about this phone so I wouldn't be talking about it being scraped like it is a solid fact.
    02-27-10 12:42 PM
    it would be funny
    02-27-10 01:24 PM
    LOL hilariously funny so very ver funny
    02-27-10 01:24 PM
    what.... lol
    02-27-10 02:33 PM
    Who said those phones were even in nyc stores? There was never actaully hard evidence proving this, I for one think it was just a hoax and some bad information given.
    02-27-10 03:11 PM
    ++++1. Pastafarians ftw!

So, now everyone is saying that the tour 2 is now scrapped for a new revamped bold right?
    Edit: Just checked up on the other threads..... dude, that bites. Especially when my upgrade is in 3 weeks -- I've been anxiously awaiting not being on the Pearl 8130 anymore! No memory + tiny screen = less than ideal BB experience (still far superior to the average phone, though -- I mean hey, it's a BB).
    Last edited by Psychological; 02-27-10 at 03:35 PM.
    02-27-10 03:14 PM
    No one was able to prove that NYC Verizon stores had tour 2...the tour2/bold was not a Verizon phone, so Sprint phones will be changed/upgraded.
    02-27-10 03:23 PM
    No one was able to prove that NYC Verizon stores had tour 2...the tour2/bold was not a Verizon phone, so Sprint phones will be changed/upgraded.
    i don't understand. you're saying this phone wasn't for Verizon? Sorry buddy, it is/was coming out for Verizon. Maybe the branded Verizon version you see in pictures and in the cellebrite databases of verizon might change your mind? Or the leaked visual voicemail verizon files? or verizon itself acknowledging it's existence? I don't understand your post.
    02-27-10 03:42 PM
    okay i made this thread knowing that sprint subscribers would probably get a little riled up and defensive, but come on? you can't just completely shield yourself from the truth. the info about the verizon store in nyc was heard from Sal, as well as documented on MobilitySite, BerryReview, BerryReporter, DeviceMAG etc. There are enough reliable sources out there confirming the fact that tour 2 came out, and then was immediately sent back. Sure, they all could be lying, but if you're choosing not to listen to any sources, then wtf are you doing on crackberry? stop making the sprint community look bad.
    02-27-10 04:15 PM
    I was under the impression that if a phone gets scrapped, that it's done period. NO carrier gets it. I think Sprint is a little smarter than to accept recalled product, "re-branded" or not.
    02-27-10 04:24 PM
    i don't understand. you're saying this phone wasn't for Verizon? Sorry buddy, it is/was coming out for Verizon. Maybe the branded Verizon version you see in pictures and in the cellebrite databases of verizon might change your mind? Or the leaked visual voicemail verizon files? or verizon itself acknowledging it's existence? I don't understand your post.
    I think what he means is that it was not scheduled to be a Verizon "exclusive" phone. Therefore, if it is changing for Verizon, it will be changed for Sprint, too, or at least that's what I think most of us are thinking (and hoping).
    02-27-10 04:24 PM
    I think what he means is that it was not scheduled to be a Verizon "exclusive" phone. Therefore, if it is changing for Verizon, it will be changed for Sprint, too, or at least that's what I think most of us are thinking (and hoping).
    I can't figure out what the heck he meant.
    02-27-10 04:33 PM

Chris
    02-27-10 04:47 PM
    okay i made this thread knowing that sprint subscribers would probably get a little riled up and defensive, but come on? you can't just completely shield yourself from the truth. the info about the verizon store in nyc was heard from Sal, as well as documented on MobilitySite, BerryReview, BerryReporter, DeviceMAG etc. There are enough reliable sources out there confirming the fact that tour 2 came out, and then was immediately sent back. Sure, they all could be lying, but if you're choosing not to listen to any sources, then wtf are you doing on crackberry? stop making the sprint community look bad.
    You do know that they all got there info from the same source right? Those sites don't go out and get there own source and write about it. One of them reports it and then they all copy it and put their own spin on it.
    02-27-10 05:34 PM
    Pictures, or it didn't happen...
    02-27-10 05:40 PM
    Nothing like a good F bomb to set things straight. We are all agitated about the delay and lack of intel... When I was Google-ing about the Essex months ago a lot of info pulled up. Now, its all recycled stuff. Silent almost. Now the Bold name gets associated with a CDMA carrier. Jeeze - I don't know what to think... Soon we'll have a 9000 on VZW (we can only hope).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 06:22 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD