I updated my curve 8900 OS to 5.0.0.411 and read the tips about how to enable visual voicemail by changing your phone on the T-mobile website, adding visual voicemail to the plan, etc. Prior to doing this, when I clicked on the icon, it said my phone needed to be provisioned, and now it says *No Messages.* Now, however, I do not get my voicemail in visual voicemail, nor do I get an icon to notify me when someone leaves me a message. I can still get my voicemail the regular way - I just don't know when I have any.

Has anyone experienced this problem? If so, is there any way to fix it? At this point, I'd be happy just to get my phone back to "normal" and be able to at least see a voicemail icon when someone leaves me a message. I tried removing visual voicemail from my plan, but that did not work.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    02-26-10 05:22 PM
    The exact same thing happened to me when I upgraded to .461. I spent over an hour with customer service which ended in nothing being acomplished I didn't get reg voicemail msgs and I still don't have vvm working. I downloaded youmail from the appworld to use until I get a google voice invite.

I think the problem was I tried to access vvm before I added it to my account on mytmobile. Which never let it correctly provision. Just a thought though.
    02-26-10 06:30 PM
    The exact same thing happened to me when I upgraded to .461. I spent over an hour with customer service which ended in nothing being acomplished I didn't get reg voicemail msgs and I still don't have vvm working. I downloaded youmail from the appworld to use until I get a google voice invite.

I think the problem was I tried to access vvm before I added it to my account on mytmobile. Which never let it correctly provision. Just a thought though.
    02-26-10 06:31 PM
    So the youmail will notify you when you have a new msg?

denami, I have google voice. I can send you an invite if you like?
    02-26-10 08:03 PM
    When I upgarded to .461 I must have gotten lucky then. I contacted tmobile after I saw the visual voicemail logo on my app screen, so I called tmobile and it took them 10 minutes to put the service on. Then I called my phone from my wifes phone and it was up and running in no time.
    02-26-10 09:01 PM
    Yes, youmail will notify you its a vvm app. If you could pm me the invite that would be awesome!
    02-27-10 09:36 AM
    T-Mobile has VVM now? AT&T doesnt still does it? I killed VVM when I went to install .461 so I wouldnt get that annoying text message every time I rebooted.
    02-27-10 09:52 AM
    This is exactly the same thing that happened to me. The fix was to uninstall and reinstall the VVM app. The how-to is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/re...cemail-439675/ Now everything works perfectly!
    03-21-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD