I randomly got a small but noticeable scracth on my screen and is noticeable when I'm on my browser. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Can I get the screen replaced? I mean I don't know how I got it, mustve bee sliding it out of my blackberry pouch I got with it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 02:13 PM
    you probably can get the screen replaced but you will have to buy one and then take your device apart. That would void warranties though. May be able to find one on cnn.cn or ebay. I would recommend a screen protector next time.
    02-26-10 02:16 PM
    One reason to spend $10 on screen protector than pay $150 on a new screen. An expensive lesson for u to learn.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 02-26-10 at 07:22 PM.
    02-26-10 02:33 PM
    If it's not a giant, deep scratch, a lot of the time something like a BestSkinsEver (bestskinsever.com) can make it invisible. It's only $6.99 for a Two-pack, so I would give that a try before you spring for a new screen...

02-26-10 04:23 PM
    you probably can get the screen replaced but you will have to buy one and then take your device apart. That would void warranties though. May be able to find one on cnn.cn or ebay. I would recommend a screen protector next time.
    It wont void the warranty if an authorized tech does it. Take the new screen and the phone to your local provider - some of them have authorized techs on site. Of course you end up paying labor on top of what you paid for the new screen.
    02-26-10 04:25 PM
    It wont void the warranty if an authorized tech does it. Take the new screen and the phone to your local provider - some of them have authorized techs on site. Of course you end up paying labor on top of what you paid for the new screen.
    Most companies dont. Even At&t doesnt unless its Apple and the iPhone. Not sure if Orange does and thats the OP's carrier
    02-26-10 04:30 PM
    screen protectors-$10. a scratch on your new 9700's screen-pointless
    J/K
    02-26-10 06:58 PM
    I don't quite understand screen protectors.
    I'm using one but i still don't understand them.
    According to wikipedia, glass is quite high up on the 'hardness scale' meaning that it is difficult to scratch. Plastic is low on the hardness scale.
    so how does protecting a hard glass with a soft plastic help a scratch from a sharp and 'hard' object that can scratch through the plastic and the glass?
    02-26-10 07:16 PM
    According to wikipedia, glass is quite high up on the 'hardness scale' meaning that it is difficult to scratch. Plastic is low on the hardness scale.
    so how does protecting a hard glass with a soft plastic help a scratch from a sharp and 'hard' object that can scratch through the plastic and the glass?
    the plastic will protect against minor incidents such, but certainly wont protect much if the phone takes a direct hit on the screen. i just got the bestskinever full body skin and it works great.

OP, if you just purchased your phone, you can take it the store and say there is something wrong with the phone. Most likely they will exchange it......i hope.
    02-26-10 07:25 PM
    don't think the screen is glass.
    02-26-10 08:03 PM
    check out clarivue screen protectos next time.. $10 for a pack of 2 and the anti glare is very nice. avoids smudges on the screen from your oily fingers.
    02-26-10 09:32 PM
    Yea, what sniper27 said....

Screen is not glass.

Even glass can easily be scratched. Wife's ipod touch has a nice scratch on the screen from a piece of sand in her pocket.
    02-26-10 10:06 PM
    don't think the screen is glass.
    that would explain it.

hey i heard that the screen of the iphone is glass. what about that one?
    02-27-10 04:15 AM
    If you can't find a local carrier to fix it for you so it don't void the contract, then just deal with it IMO. Just think, now your phone has character!
    02-27-10 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD