Giz is reporting a rumored new slider phone by RIM. The layout looks much like a storm...possibly Storm 3? Reports to have OS 6.0

Sorry I can't post a link yet so you'll have to cut and paste

gizmodo.com/5480987/details-on-rims-new-blackberry-slider
    02-26-10 10:56 AM
    02-26-10 11:01 AM
    "That's all we've got for now, folks. What are you thinking? Does this remotely interest you, or could you care less about the hardware at this point and just hope that RIM can make some pretty big strides as far as their OS is concerned?"

Objective reporting by Gizmodo as usual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 11:41 AM
    Gizmodo didnt right any of the artical....BGR did
    02-26-10 11:53 AM
    Gizmodo didnt right any of the artical....BGR did
    Touche.

02-26-10 12:04 PM
    The bad resolution makes it look like someone cropped a storm 2 with a tour or something. That was my first impression on it.
    02-26-10 02:52 PM
    Hope Storm3 is not as shown in pics. I am saving my upgrade for storm3 eventhough I am tempted to get Storm2. I am hoping storm3 will be touch only device , with a better OS.
    02-26-10 03:06 PM
    To make this 100% perfectly clear, that is not the Storm3. The picture is just someone's rendition of what this slider could look like (e.g. maybe a bit Storm and a bit Bold). This picture is not what it looks like.

RIM may very well be working on a slider device, but that will not be the Storm3. And there is nothing to even say that even if RIM is working on a slider device that it will reach the market. At this point, any and all discussion on this matter is speculation. It may end up coming to fruition, but then again, it might not.
    02-26-10 03:16 PM
    No matter what the phone looks like its going to be hard for RIM to get the masses to buy another touchscreen model from them after the S1 mess.
    If they revamp their OS to something that is more touch friendly then maybe but based on what ive seen from the lack of people using the S2 i dont see many jumping on except the forum based crowd. I live in miami and when im out i always check to see whos using what kind of phone. Tons of iphones( we know that).
    When S1 first hit i saw many upon many using it. That went away quickly. Since the release of S2 ive seen almost no one with it. Only place i hear about people having one is here and other forums/blogs. Again i live in a big market of people. I see tons of other BB models but very very few S2's. I could honestly say ive seen maybe and i say maybe 5 out in public. Yes i said maybe 5.
    I really believe its going to be a tough sell for RIM to stay a player in the touch market. They really burned people bad. Im not saying they cant turn it around perception wise but its not going to be easy. S3 is really going to have to blow people away. Dont know if its possible at this stage. But i guess we'll see.
    02-26-10 03:39 PM
    I am a storm 1 owner....I will buy Storm 3 if it's out around November and doesn't have a slider.....
    02-26-10 04:35 PM
    I'm still using a Storm 1 and I see them all the time. In fact, I saw a few of them during Olympic broadcasting as well. As with blaisedinsd, I'm likely going to get a Storm3 as well (also assuming it doesn't have a slider... don't want one).

I have no major issues with the OS. It handles what I want it to do, so for me, and for others like me, that's just fine.

iPhone users can have their iPhone, along with Apple telling them what they can and can't do with their phones. If Microsoft did the same thing Apple is currently doing, everyone would be in an uproar. Apple seems to love dishing their crap and their customers seem to be perfectly happy to eat it. Personally, the argument of "everyone has an iPhone" is overdone. Just because "everyone has an iPhone" doesn't mean it's any better. In fact, Apple has let the power get to their heads and I wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone becomes victim to the exact same complaints people are having here about RIM in the next year or two. The OS has not fundamentally changed in the past couple of years (added some new functionality but that's about all) and it will get old before you know it.
    02-26-10 06:03 PM
    The bad resolution makes it look like someone cropped a storm 2 with a tour or something. That was my first impression on it.
    This whole time, I thought it was the real thing, until I read your post and realized you're completely right.

But seriously, that's obvisouly a chop people...
    02-26-10 06:54 PM
    No matter what the phone looks like its going to be hard for RIM to get the masses to buy another touchscreen model from them after the S1 mess.
    Pretty sure the vast majority of people using the storm are happy to have one... the original OS was terrible, but the phone is excellent.

yes, there are glitches, but for a first attempt?
    02-26-10 07:11 PM
    no, its not
    02-26-10 08:02 PM
    Pretty sure the vast majority of people using the storm are happy to have one... the original OS was terrible, but the phone is excellent.

yes, there are glitches, but for a first attempt?
    I would like to agree with you here but most have gotten rid of the S1 for something else. Keep in mind theres a big difference from the crackberry crowd(other forums too) and the rest of society. If you remember there was a huge return factor for S1 due to the horrible OS it was initially launched with. Yes some stuck through it , myself included but for the average joe the storm became a distant memory before it ever had a chance. Thats where RIM messed up. As far as current users go , well hey if your gonna stay with BB touchscreen wise than good for you. No gripes. I find it to be a decent phone for what i want. On a big picture scale i dont see the S3 making any major impact unless major changes are made. Again, people dont like being burned twice and i just havent seen enough from RIM os wise in the touch market to believe people wont get burned again.
    02-27-10 01:58 AM
    i dont want the S3 to b a slider,,,
    02-27-10 03:10 AM
    Honestly, the s1 is pretty good now, it does everything most people need it to, n it does it pretty well. N to be honest i see tons of s1 up here in canada! There everywhere! and the f'd up thing about it, a ton of them are still using .148 or lower. and the people, are in love with the phone n how it works. a lot of the users think the phone is the best thing since sliced bread! Lol, i cant believe it myself but some of them i've upgraded to the new 5.0 and love the phone all the more. I'm waiting for the s3 to come, n i'll be getting one thats for sure. My phone can kick most phones asses out there in terms of useability n speed including the iphone. Its about the user more than anything as to how well the phone works. Runs fast, runs well, is very stable and does a lot! What more do you want?
    02-27-10 07:04 PM
    why would rim try to copy the palm pre's version of the slider? it makes no sense. that pic is a fake. and if it was what rim planned to do, then palm would file a suit against rim for patent infringement. but the fact is, we know rim will design a slider of their own. but it has yet to be seen when they will announce it. no timetable for its release, so don't get your hopes up.
    02-27-10 07:15 PM
    why would rim try to copy the palm pre's version of the slider? it makes no sense. that pic is a fake. and if it was what rim planned to do, then palm would file a suit against rim for patent infringement. but the fact is, we know rim will design a slider of their own. but it has yet to be seen when they will announce it. no timetable for its release, so don't get your hopes up.
    how? palm was the first to do that ya you......
    02-27-10 07:20 PM
    Duh... we already covered that the pic was a fake. Did you even read the thread (all two pages of it)?

Sorry, but I'm finding it increasingly frustrating how people post things without apparently reading the previous posts.
    02-27-10 07:50 PM
    Duh... we already covered that the pic was a fake. Did you even read the thread (all two pages of it)?

Sorry, but I'm finding it increasingly frustrating how people post things without apparently reading the previous posts.
    you have noticed this too?
    02-27-10 07:52 PM
    not the S3, may be the rumored BlackHawk
    02-27-10 07:58 PM
    I'm with a lot of folks here. Was always impressed with Storm 1 hardware and less than satisfied with several revisions of the OS. Since deploying 5.0.419 on Verizon (with the dreaded html file removed), I have nothing but good things to say about the performance. Seriously. No battery pulls, no memory leaks. I can literally go a week with over 45 apps installed, use most of them and see less than .2mb of memory fluctuation and no freezes, no battery drains, etc.

Since I still have a little time left before contract renewal I anxiously await the Storm 3 release. I believe I will skip the Storm 2 and seriously consider a complete change to an Android-based device if RIM doesn't have a product in the pipeline with a touchscreen (keep the slider please, hate them) and an OS version 6 with a browser that supports Flash and enough physical memory in the device so I don't feel like I'm competing on "The Biggest Loser" every time I see a new app I like and have to "count calories" to see if my Storm 1 can actually load it.
    02-27-10 08:15 PM
    you have noticed this too?
    Patience for this sort of thing has been wearing very thin lately... and I even tried bolding my version of it so it would stand out!
    02-27-10 11:31 PM
    I saw the demo and that is what it looks like. It will have a bold style slide out keyboard as well as the storm touch screen. I was not able to actually touch it so I do not know if the screen clicks or not. I only saw it for about 10 seconds but the phone was running and it had an on screen keyboard like the storm.
    02-28-10 01:09 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD