Last week a bought a 9700 from ATT store for 100. I just recently saw the att promotion for a free one. Will att match that if I call them?? Like refund me the 100 (it was a new account)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 10:40 PM
    I would sure hope so... Call them up and talk to them, or go back to the store.
    02-25-10 10:58 PM
    someone doesn't search before posting eh? Three threads down i posted the same thing
    02-25-10 11:38 PM
    I wouldn't match it. I don't recall reading any kind of price match policy, hmmmmmm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 12:15 AM
    I believe that is through an authorized retailer, not AT&T direct.
    Also, if it is, you have to be careful. If you want to get out of contract before the 2 years are up, some have additional fees above AT&T's $175.
    02-26-10 07:48 AM
    Was it online pricing? Stores do not match online pricing.
    02-26-10 09:57 AM
    I believe that is through an authorized retailer, not AT&T direct.
    Also, if it is, you have to be careful. If you want to get out of contract before the 2 years are up, some have additional fees above AT&T's $175.
    The extra fees you are referring to are equipment recovery fees which are AT&T fees as well. It's the same thing as with Verizon's 350 ETF fee for "advanced" devices and Google's fee on the Nexus one. These fees usually are in effect if you cancel a line of service or change the device to a new one or something within 180 days.
    02-26-10 01:40 PM
    Authorized retailers will attempt to collect fees beyond the $175 and AT&T has nothing to do with it. You would be paying the retailer directly, not AT&T
    02-26-10 03:34 PM
    The extra fees you are referring to are equipment recovery fees which are AT&T fees as well. It's the same thing as with Verizon's 350 ETF fee for "advanced" devices and Google's fee on the Nexus one. These fees usually are in effect if you cancel a line of service or change the device to a new one or something within 180 days.
    VZW's ETF of $350 according to their contract policy on their website states the $350 ETF is only if you renewed November 2009 or later. If your current contract went into effect prior to November its $175 ETF for advanced devices. Minus $5 a month for each month you fulfilled the current contract.
    For most of us who want out of vzw thats doable.
    especially if you can sell equipment on ebay or craigs list.
    03-02-10 10:55 AM
    VZW's ETF of $350 according to their contract policy on their website states the $350 ETF is only if you renewed November 2009 or later. If your current contract went into effect prior to November its $175 ETF for advanced devices. Minus $5 a month for each month you fulfilled the current contract.
    For most of us who want out of vzw thats doable.
    especially if you can sell equipment on ebay or craigs list.
    Yes agreed. Someone mentioned it earlier and in regards to AT&T there are some retailers that will charge you an extra 200-300 if you break the terms of service in 180 days. This charge is from the retailers and not AT&T.
    03-02-10 01:03 PM
    its called a secondary contract. the reason authorized retailers have them is due to the fact that if someone cancels after 30 days and within 180 days that company did not receive payment from att. therefor customer buys a $400 phone (cost to XYZ company) that the company sells for $200 @ point of sale (200 loss so far). the company is expecting a certain amount of payment (commission) from att to offset the subsidized cost of the device. if the customer cancels and the phone is not returned in new condition to the store then the company ends up taking a loss. they have to have a way to offset their loss and maintain profitability.
    03-16-10 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD