Hey, I'm a relatively new BlackBerry user, so bare with me. I'm having an issue that is sort of hard to explain. When I'm typing a message in BBM the text field freezes sometimes. It will stop in the middle of me typing. I'm still able to receive messages and even send them if I know what I'm tyyping without having to see it (due to the fact that it's frozen on my previous message). The only solution I've had was to close the conversation and reopen it. It's just frustrating when I've been typing out a long message and I have to close it and retype. Is this a common problem and is there a real solution? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 09:29 AM
    how often do you reboot your phone?
    02-25-10 11:13 AM
    Hey, I'm a relatively new BlackBerry user, so bare with me. I'm having an issue that is sort of hard to explain. When I'm typing a message in BBM the text field freezes sometimes. It will stop in the middle of me typing. I'm still able to receive messages and even send them if I know what I'm tyyping without having to see it (due to the fact that it's frozen on my previous message). The only solution I've had was to close the conversation and reopen it. It's just frustrating when I've been typing out a long message and I have to close it and retype. Is this a common problem and is there a real solution? Thanks in advance.

I had that issue on the beta BBM and the first official version of BBM... I haven't seen this issue since I downloaded .57 from App World
    02-25-10 11:55 AM
    i have the newest version of BBM and it happens to me too.

REALLY irritating
    02-25-10 12:37 PM
    I thought this was just a problem with my phone. Getting annoying when I have to end a chat and then start a new one.

02-25-10 02:14 PM
    So there is no solution? Is that just a drawback of having this phone?
    03-03-10 01:35 PM
    how often do you reboot your phone?
    To be honest, I don't.... Should I be?
    03-03-10 01:36 PM
    Been there, done that...I had this issue with BBM .57 (from App World) so I got rid of it and downgraded. Happened every other minute or so.

I think it's an issue with the application. I tried rebooting, reinstalling, everything. Happens every time.

Just go back to 4.6...I like it better anyway...
    03-03-10 02:15 PM
    only happens to me once in awhile, not all the time, I'm pretty sure this is a .57 bug, previous version never froze. Hope we'll see an update soon, looks like this is happen more often.
    03-03-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD