I was wondering if theirs anyway to get back keyboard lock on the tour after you update to OS 5.0?
    02-24-10 11:15 PM
    What do you mean get back? I am OS 5 and mine works fine..
    02-25-10 01:33 AM
    On the os 5.0 .484 you lose th option for the keyboard lock icon and the ability to set it as a side convenience key. Now you can either get a sucky automatic keyboard lock or hit the lock button on the top left of your tour. Which sucks because I have accidentally unlocked it in my pocket a couple times. I personally want the old one back. It was the best lock I've used, the easiest and least likely to unlock by accident. If there is anyway to get the original keyboard lock I'd love to change back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 08:09 AM
    I'm running 5.0.0.484 and my lock button is working fine and I can set it as a convenience key if I wanted and also still have the icon. Unless its different because I'm running a hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 08:34 AM
    In .484, the top lock button works fine. The keyboard shortcut to lock the phone appears (on mine) work as well...

HOWEVER - unlocking the phone from the keyboard does not work, nor does the AutoLock program I was using to automatically lock the keyboard when the backlight goes off.

This is PARTICULARLY IRRITATING because I was using 5.0.419 before and it ALL WORKED FINE!
    02-25-10 08:53 AM
    you can hold A down for a few seconds and it locks
    02-25-10 10:40 AM
    The way I have it is the keyboard lock works almost as the standby button did (mine doesn't work anymore). Then when you turn on the actual lock feature it turn on with a convenience key or just let it time out. I haven't actually tried the convenience key yet though.
    02-25-10 12:26 PM
    I mean the ability to change the side button (the convienience key) and for some reason i do not have the icon to lock my keyboard. The issue jjbrooks is mentioning is exactly what i mean. Any advice..thanks
    02-25-10 05:20 PM
    If you hit the button on top of the phone, does it lock the keyboard? I can lock my keyboard via the top button or the icon. I never use the icon way cause its much faster hitting the button..
    02-25-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD